Windows 10: Music folder is empty?

Discus and support Music folder is empty? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I opened my Windows Media Player, showed all my music like normal and as I'm trying to get it to recognize my phone, WMP refreshed and showed no music.... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/mybelle_michelle, Dec 12, 2020.

1. Music folder is empty?

I opened my Windows Media Player, showed all my music like normal and as I'm trying to get it to recognize my phone, WMP refreshed and showed no music.

I checked the library folder location in WMP, it was correct.

Went to the music folder and it's empty! The only change that has been done is Win10 update 2 days ago. My "recycle bin" is empty. If I was to go and delete everything in my music folder, the response would be that it's too big for the recycle bin and do I want to delete it; I haven't had that pop up.

I do have Win10 OS on drive C: (SSD), then all my folders and other programs on drive D: with drive E: hooked up to a Seagate external drive that I manually back up to. My last music back up was October, so it's not the worst, but I'd be missing two months worth of music that I downloaded.

Any ideas of what/where my music went?

submitted by /u/mybelle_michelle
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/mybelle_michelle, Dec 12, 2020
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Dec 12, 2020
  4. Music folder is empty?

Music Folder Behaving Badly in OneDrive

Hi Robert,

There is a possibility that the Music folder is synced to your OneDrive that is why any files deleted from either of the folders is synced to the other. For us to better assist you with the said folder, we'd like to ask for additional information:

• Can you please provide a screenshot of the Music folder from the OneDrive folder and home folder?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you were advised to do?
    We will wait for your quick response.

Jennifer Cha, Dec 12, 2020
Thema:

Music folder is empty?

1. Music folder is empty? - Similar Threads - Music folder empty

2. Empty music folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty music folder?: Hi,Music files that I store on my pc have become unavailable after a Windows update. I don't access them regularly, so I'm not sure which update it was.All of the files show that there is data for my songs or albums, but if I open a folder it says that the folder is empty....
  3. Empty music folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty music folder?: Hi,Music files that I store on my pc have become unavailable after a Windows update. I don't access them regularly, so I'm not sure which update it was.All of the files show that there is data for my songs or albums, but if I open a folder it says that the folder is empty....
  4. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  5. Empty folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty folders: I uploaded folders and files to OneDrive to save them because my laptop needed a new motherboard and would be factory reset. Now I'm trying to get the items back on to my laptop but OneDrive says the folders are empty?In Files Explorer, I can see a cloud beside the items I...
  6. Empty folders

7. Empty Folders

Empty Folders: I have a number of empty folders that I'd like to clean up in my music directory. In Windows 11, I can no longer search for 0 byte folders. How to remove them automatically?There are a number of freeware tools out there, none I've found work for Windows 11. This should be...
  8. Music and videos folders replaced by empty ones after restart

Music and videos folders replaced by empty ones after restart: What I did before: I installed iTunes and iCloud, the latter needed the PC to restart, so I did. The PC restarted, and the lock screen appeared. However, I couldn't type or click anything, both my keyboard and mouse seemed to not be recognized at all. I pressed and held the...
  9. This folder is empty

This folder is empty: Hi guys, We have a Windows 10 Pro computer that for some reason seems to lose it's files on any attached USB drives. At the moment if I select properties of the USB drive I see that the USB drive has 92GB used, but opening the USB drive itself all the folders are there...
  10. Empty Folders

in Windows 10 Support
    Empty Folders: Hello, While making some search for a file in the system, I found by the way, hundreds of empty folders in the C:\users\admin\appdata\local\temp\ How about deleting them ? Thanks 72628