Windows 10: Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Discus and support Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by NorthernXY, Nov 6, 2018.

1. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue.

When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message:

Error Applying Attributes

An error occurred applying attributes to the file:

The system cannot find the file specified.

I Ignore All and retry and it takes the same amount of time.

:)

NorthernXY, Nov 6, 2018
  2. San102 Win User

Drive and folders with Music on it keep reverting to Read Only

I have an internal drive with Serato programs and music library on it. It keeps reverting back all the folders to read only. attribute change through command prompt, admin does not difference either.

San102, Nov 6, 2018
  3. Music files are Read Only in Windows 10 and I cannot change it

I have been trying to synch my IPhone music files. I keep getting and error 54. I tried to change my Music folder and unchecked the Read Only box. After it runs through the changes in the folders and subfolders it will revert back the checked Read Only.
    I have tried all of the suggestions to change to Administrator, etc. listed in the posted threads. Nothing works.

What can I do? This is NOT what I signed up for when I upgraded to Windows 10. Nothing I do works. Please help.

Thank you.

KimPritchett, Nov 6, 2018
  4. San102 Win User

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Drive and folders with Music on it keep reverting to Read Only

Thanks Andre for taking time and your help.

I had tried that also and it does show me as the owner and full ownsership and access to all folders and subfolders but still reverts back to read only each time i click the folder. Won’t let me save changes. And sometimes (1 out 20 times maybe) it is letting
    me save changes even though the folder still says read only.

i have changed read only removal successfully through attrib command too multiple times and it says it has worked but when i look at folder it still says ready only.

San102, Nov 6, 2018
Thema:

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

1. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only - Similar Threads - Music folder keeps

2. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only: Hello,I have bought a new SSD and formatted it. All files within are automatically set to 'read only' and keep reverting whenever unticked.The SSD is NOT set to read only. It's shown as 'healthy' in Windows and in the diskpart cmd, it is also not shown as readonly.All users...
  3. New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    New SSD, folders keep reverting to read only: Hello,I have bought a new SSD and formatted it. All files within are automatically set to 'read only' and keep reverting whenever unticked.The SSD is NOT set to read only. It's shown as 'healthy' in Windows and in the diskpart cmd, it is also not shown as readonly.All users...
  4. Folder attributes keep reverting to read only

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Folder attributes keep reverting to read only: The title says it all - I installed an old game, and when I tried to save a game, I found that I couldn't. I checked the folder settings, and they said read only. I tried to uncheck it, but it keeps reverting. The option to only make the change to the folder itself is...
  5. Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10

in Windows 10 Customization
    Folder Keeps Reverting to Read Only on Windows 10: Hello, When I uncheck my read-only box in properties it keeps reverting and checking the box to read-only. I am on my administrator account and have full control over permissions on all drives. I have taken ownership of the drive I have given every user on my system drive...
  6. My folders keep reverting to read only

My folders keep reverting to read only: Every time i uncheck read only it just goes back to read only after a few mins this means i cant play any games on steam as it keeps telling me the folder is read only please help...
  7. Folders keep reverting to read-only

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Folders keep reverting to read-only: Hi all, Not sure if this is the place to get help, but couldn't think where else to go. As the title says, every time I change a folder's settings to read-write, it reverts to read-only. My account is an admin account and I've changed all my disks to read write with the...
  8. "Read-only" keeps reverting

in Windows 10 Customization
    "Read-only" keeps reverting: Let me start by saying that I have visited countless posts and read many articles on the topic. I have tried almost everything that I came across. its pointless to say, but hitting "apply" instead of "ok" didn't help I changed my account to administrator, used cmd attrib -r...
  9. Folder keeps reverting to read-only but files are fine.

Folder keeps reverting to read-only but files are fine.: Hi,I've this issue where my folders created has this black square on the read-only box.As shown in the pictureWhen i untick it it would be still the same but when the files are read-only,When i untick it files would become non read-only but not the folder.All helps are...
  10. Folder Reverting to Read Only

in Windows 10 Support
    Folder Reverting to Read Only: I have two drives. My C drive and my D drive. I use my D drive as an external hard drive, but it's internal. My C drive is an SSD and my D drive is an HDD. My SSD is too small, so everything large goes on the HDD. Every folder in my HDD is read-only. I right click the folder...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. i unchecked read-only but reverts back to read-only windows 19 external harddrive

2. read-only attribute keeps reverting

3. change folder to read only keeps reverting

4. how to stop a folder from reverting to read only,
  5. new folder on desktop keeps reverting to read only