Windows 10: music folder problems only for 10 years>>>

Discus and support music folder problems only for 10 years>>> in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; hi please please can anyone help me?ive been going round in circles for years now..im cracking up!i have a massive music collection..and I have been... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by duggiec, Aug 13, 2019.

1. duggiec Win User

music folder problems only for 10 years>>>

hi please please can anyone help me?ive been going round in circles for years now..im cracking up!i have a massive music collection..and I have been trying for years to solve this problem..in my music folder I want to show the album cover I have downloaded..in large thumbnail view?i have been going through each album individually ..properties ..customise select picture save apply??but im having to do this for each one??I have over 10,000 albums???is there a way to do this easier than going through them all one by one?then when I spend months doing them all I look back and something knocks them all out?and I have start again???arghhh..can anyone make an old rocker happy??thanks for any help..Duggie ...Scotland..*Sleepy

:)

duggiec, Aug 13, 2019
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. mrgeek Win User
    Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Aug 13, 2019
  4. music folder problems only for 10 years>>>

Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Aug 13, 2019
Thema:

music folder problems only for 10 years>>>

1. music folder problems only for 10 years>>> - Similar Threads - music folder problems

2. Music folders

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  3. Music folders

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music folders: I tried to download an Video converter and download / in stalled Uni converter. I noted disappointing results. I uninstalled immediately as a Player was also installed, Everywhere all sites have been removed, Now when I open an Video or a Music file I receive following...
  4. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  5. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive: I was trying to move the Music folder Library? from the C drive to the D drive. I went to Music, Properties, Location and selected Move as instructed but when I selected a target of the Music folder I just created on the D drive it gave a warning about Child/Parent or...
  6. Problem Moving Music Folder to D: Data drive

7. Group by year folders

Group by year folders: I want to ask there is a way to group my folders by year? I can only by name, by date i create file, by type and etc. I create file folders for movies i watched and i add from custom menu year, but i cant add years there, not allowed. Like you can see i sorted by name and...
  8. Groove Music showing wrong year for album

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music showing wrong year for album: I have 3 songs from Page Avenue by Story of The Year on Groove Music, and it is saying the album was released in 1601, which is not even close to its actual 2003 release. Whenever I try to correct it, it reverts back to 1601. submitted by /u/KimDonTrump [link] [comments]...
  9. Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only

Music folder keeps reverting to Read-only: My Music folder and the files within keep reverting to Read-only. I'm the owner (and administrator) of the file so that shouldn't be the issue. When I uncheck Read-only and Apply it nearly finishes but then gives me the message: Error Applying Attributes An error...
  10. music problems

music problems: how to get the music from the video after downloading from youtube? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-problems/318d38fb-be5c-4599-8e5a-f63ffa1eb289