Windows 10: music folder shows 1.10 Gb in mps 3 but nothing inside

Discus and support music folder shows 1.10 Gb in mps 3 but nothing inside in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I transferred over 323 songs from usb stick to this folder under - C:users/ myname/music/name_of_folder - shows compressed zipped folder size 1.10 gb... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by ttodd0450, Sep 18, 2020.

1. ttodd0450 Win User

music folder shows 1.10 Gb in mps 3 but nothing inside

I transferred over 323 songs from usb stick to this folder under - C:users/ myname/music/name_of_folder - shows compressed zipped folder size 1.10 gb but when opened.. nothing is there ! so I have a difficult time trying to add it to my Grove or my purchased mp3 player from Microsoft to play on my windows 10 platform..

Ideas??

:)

ttodd0450, Sep 18, 2020
  2. mrgeek Win User

Change Folder View Layout in Windows 10

"uhm that method does not work. i want to set folder view as List as default instead Details for all folders"
    Did you download and run Brink's .bat file in Step 1 ? Lacking that, look at the screens in post 3. In Step 5 'folders of this type' defaults to each of the Windows templates for Pictures, Music, etc. If you want ALL folders to have the same List view, r-click any folder in each of the 5 folders under This PC (Desktop does not apply) and hit 'Customize this folder'. Set to 'Optimize this folder for General Items". Then follow the screen in post 3 using List instead of Details in Step 1 and you should be good to go.

mrgeek, Sep 18, 2020
  3. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Sep 18, 2020
  4. music folder shows 1.10 Gb in mps 3 but nothing inside

Converting WMA music files to MP-3 safely.

I see free downloads to convert music files from WMA to MP-3, but when I read the small print they are also gaining access to my music library and other parts of my computer. Does Microsoft have a specific download for this purpose built into my Windows
    10, or is there a Microsoft recommended download for this purpose? thank you.

RRP-Nimbusoregon, Sep 18, 2020
Thema:

music folder shows 1.10 Gb in mps 3 but nothing inside

1. music folder shows 1.10 Gb in mps 3 but nothing inside - Similar Threads - music folder shows

2. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Gaming
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  3. 3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    3 GB of Ram used into nothing while having 8 GB RAM: Why does my laptop just take 3 GB of ram out of nothing when i have 8 GB ram whats the issue??? My friend said that i could have someone mining bitcoin on my laptop...
  4. mps

in Windows 10 Gaming
    mps: HiI have to buy a new adapter for wi-fi does all that MBPS stuff matter?Buy It NowFree 4 day shippingLast one19 soldSponsoredNew W/Antenna 300n 300Mbps Mini Wireless USB Wifi Adapter Network...
  5. mps

mps: HiI have to buy a new adapter for wi-fi does all that MBPS stuff matter?Buy It NowFree 4 day shippingLast one19 soldSponsoredNew W/Antenna 300n 300Mbps Mini Wireless USB Wifi Adapter Network...
  6. mps

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  7. Showing composer in music folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing composer in music folder: Before upgrading, when looking at folders in Music I could add a column showing composer. I can't see how to do this now. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-composer-in-music-folder/7f970665-0d0a-4c05-b22c-de3f6f9386dc
  8. Showing composer in music folder

Showing composer in music folder: Before upgrading, when looking at folders in Music I could add a column showing composer. I can't see how to do this now. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-composer-in-music-folder/7f970665-0d0a-4c05-b22c-de3f6f9386dc
  9. MPS and GPRIX Folder

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    MPS and GPRIX Folder: On the C:\ drive there is a MPS/GPRIX folder totally 1.8 Gb. The contents seems to be standard Windows apps eg Calc.exe. Nothing to do with a Grand Prix racing game. Just wondered what is was there for?? Can I delete it?? Also noted that Calc.exe is installed 5 times in...
  10. Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail: Hi! This is a minor issue that bugs me... I appreciate if someone has a solution for this... :) For other folders in Windows 10, whenever a new file is added in a folder, the folder shows the 2 latest/newly added files in the folder thumbnail. However, for my music folder...