Windows 10: Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail

Discus and support Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Hi! This is a minor issue that bugs me... I appreciate if someone has a solution for this... :) For other folders in Windows 10, whenever a new file... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Singularity93, Sep 29, 2019.

1. Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail

Hi! This is a minor issue that bugs me... I appreciate if someone has a solution for this... Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail :)

For other folders in Windows 10, whenever a new file is added in a folder, the folder shows the 2 latest/newly added files in the folder thumbnail.

However, for my music folder the thumbnail shows only 1 item and that too does not change no matter how many new songs I add in the folder..
    Here's an image:
    Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail 9bfa12dc-c258-4793-9a60-36e8f216b9ef?upload=true.jpg

As compared to this which shows 2 of the newly added wallpapers in the folder:
    Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail 767aefa2-3719-4ec5-a2dd-d9490931dcc3?upload=true.jpg

This image/album art on the Music folder thumbnail does not change AT ALL!!! it drives me nuts!!
    The worst part is this "Art" present in the thumbnail isn't even part of a song anymore coz I changed all the arts to my songs with completly new & different album arts through Mp3tag.
    Before I changed all the album arts to all the songs, whenever I played any song on VLC it would show this Art for all the songs, but after I changed them through mp3tag every song shows the correct art[while playing on VLC as well as on the song thumbnails inside the folder] but the main music folder shows this same thing..
    I have cleared the vlc album art cache 'N' number of times but its still the same for years.[I seriously don't know how this image is still present after clearing the cache]

Is there anyway to find the location of that image and delete it permanantly???

I even uninstalled and reinstalled VLC but it's still the same.

Can someone help me with this?? Thanks in advance!! Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail :)

:)

Singularity93, Sep 29, 2019

2. Windows 10 showing device icons instead of thumbnails in folders

Hi me15prg9926,

There's a possibility that some folder settings may have changed. It could be set to show icons and not thumbnails. To verify that, please follow the steps below:

• Open the File Explorer.
    • Click the View tab.
    • On the upper-right corner, click Options.
    • On the Folder Options, click the View tab.
    • Under Files and Folders, uncheck Always show icons, never thumbnails.
    • Click Apply, then OK.

Once done, try checking if the folder icons are already showing thumbnails.

Update us with the result.

Regards.

Vanessa Yar, Sep 29, 2019
  3. Windows 10Pro doesn't show thumbnail & preview in the folder for .blend files

Hi,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I understand the inconvenience you are experiencing at this moment. We will assist you on this.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it resolves the issue:

1. Launch the File Explorer or press
    Windows logo + E keys
    and navigate to View > Options >
    Change

folder and search options.

2. Click on View tab and uncheck the option
    Always show icons, never thumbnails.

3. Click on Apply and OK to save the changes.

If issue pesists, clear the Thumbnails files by running Disk cleanup. Here's how:

1. Search for Disk cleanup from the taskbar and select it from the list of results.

2. Under Files to delete, select the Thumbnails
    and select OK.

3. Check if the issue is resolved, if not restart the system.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

Vinodh_Kumar V, Sep 29, 2019
  4. Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail

Windows Explorer is not showing thumbnails for files and folders

Original title: thumbnails

I'm using Windows 10 and suddenly Windows Explorer is not showing thumbnails for files and folders. Windows doesn't show thumbnail previews.

Can you please help me in fixing the problem?

FritzErasmus, Sep 29, 2019
Thema:

Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail

1. Music Folder shows same 1 file in thumbnail - Similar Threads - Music Folder shows

2. why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail

in Windows 10 Gaming
    why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail: most of my music files FLAC and MP3 show the album art in the thumb nail in File Explorer. I have a few music files that don't show the album art. Not sure why...
  3. why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    why do some music files not show the album art in the thumbnail: most of my music files FLAC and MP3 show the album art in the thumb nail in File Explorer. I have a few music files that don't show the album art. Not sure why...
  4. MP4 thumbnails are not showing anymore. Same with images

MP4 thumbnails are not showing anymore. Same with images: Since yesterday the thumbnails of my MP4 files are not showing anymore. At first it was only a few, but after trying to fix it, all thumbnails of videos files are gone now. This issue started after I downloaded Sony Vegas Pro 19 but now I have deleted it completely off my PC...
  5. Showing composer in music folder

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Showing composer in music folder: Before upgrading, when looking at folders in Music I could add a column showing composer. I can't see how to do this now. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-composer-in-music-folder/7f970665-0d0a-4c05-b22c-de3f6f9386dc
  6. Showing composer in music folder

Showing composer in music folder: Before upgrading, when looking at folders in Music I could add a column showing composer. I can't see how to do this now. Any ideas? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/showing-composer-in-music-folder/7f970665-0d0a-4c05-b22c-de3f6f9386dc
  7. Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing: Lately, my music and video files are only showing icons instead thumbnails where usually it should display thumbnail for video and album cover for music. Weirdly enough that only photos that able to show the thumbnails properly. I already unchecked the "always shows icons...
  8. Thumbnails not showing in folder view

in Windows 10 Support
    Thumbnails not showing in folder view: My canon cr2 images are not showing at thumbnails though jpgs do show up. I have just switched to a different camera. The CR2 files used to show previously but these are larger 2m mb images. Do I need to somehow allocate more memory? 164984
  9. picture folder not showing thumbnails

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    picture folder not showing thumbnails: I transferred some photos from my phone to a flash drive using an otg adapter then I transferred them from flash drive to computer. I put them in my pictures folder on my hard drive. I have 2 hard drives. The ssd and hdd. I named my hdd E. So I made a pictures folder in that...
  10. Two Music Folders same content

in Windows 10 Support
    Two Music Folders same content: So I've somehow managed to have made two music folders when trying to map download and music folders on my new system. They point to the same location but are have different icons. If I change the location through properties dialog box they both update. Any help? [img]...