Windows 10: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

Discus and support Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. in Microsoft Windows 10 Store to solve the problem; Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will... Discussion in 'Microsoft Windows 10 Store' started by PeterŠalamun, Jan 14, 2019.

1. Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again.

Why can not I change the default music Groove app? Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. 31014b77-9fdc-4c97-a53b-cfdaec51dc25?upload=true.jpg Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. deb5cd8e-e120-4747-ae97-fdd22b6a90df?upload=true.jpg

:)

PeterŠalamun, Jan 14, 2019

2. Changing .cda files to open by default with groove app.

Hi Dragos,

As per the query you would like to set .cda files to open with groove music as default music player.

Please provide us the below information.

1- Are you using desktop or laptop?

2- If you are using desktop than what is the make/model of the keyboard and if it is laptop than what is the model number of the device?

3- Are you also trying to change the music button on the keyboard to launch Groove Music instead of Windows Media Player?

Follow the below steps to set .cda files to open with groove music.

To set default *.cda files to open with groove music.
    1. Type default and select the default.
    2. Click on associate a file type or protocol with a program.

3. Click on change program and select Groove music.

4. Close the Window.

Keep us informed with the status of the issue.

Akheel Ahmed, Jan 14, 2019
  3. Groove Music is NOT working.

Hi Dima Julia,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand your inconvenience. We are here to assist you.

Before proceeding, we would appreciate if you provide few answers to us in order to narrow down the issue.

• Did you make any changes to the Groove music app prior to the issue?
    • Since when you are facing this issue?

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on setting option in Groove music app.
    • Click on Choose where we look for music on this PC.
    • And create a path and check.

Hope it helps. Do let us know if your issue is resolved. For any further query, feel free to contact us.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Jan 14, 2019
  4. Josipa Win User

Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed.

Groove Music

My Groove music suddenly stopped playing files when I doubleclick on them (groove music launches but is blank). I can use a different player but I have to click into that player as Groove Music is my default. I am reorganizing all of my music (tens of thousands of files) and this won't work for me.
    Any suggestions?
    I have Windows 10 on a PC.
    I found an online troubleshooting that suggesting I delete temporary files and reset Internet explorer which I did and which has not helped.
    thank you
    (I am also not super tech savy so laymen's instructions is appreciated)

Josipa, Jan 14, 2019
Thema:

1. Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. - Similar Threads - Music Groove default

2. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  3. Changes to playlist for Groove Music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Changes to playlist for Groove Music: I love Groove Music. It's a great app, and I have many playlists on it. None of these are major gripes, just suggestions.I would appreciate, however, if the button for removing a song from a playlist was not right next to the button for playing it. In fact, I'd just get rid...
  4. Groove Music changes background picture

in Windows 10 Customization
    Groove Music changes background picture: For the past few days Dec update? Groove Music has been changing my Personalization settings from a 'slideshow' using a particular folder I have for backgrounds. Now when I look up at the monitor I see a picture of a musician - not surprisingly the artist I'm listening to. I...
  5. Groove Music will not change music Genres

Groove Music will not change music Genres: I have some music that does not fit the normal Genres. When ever I searched for my music in Window's Media player it would remove the custom Genres I had created. Groove does not do that. I prefer Groove over Windows Media Player, because it doesn't mess with my music....
  6. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: [ATTACH] Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?...
  7. Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music

Unable to change the Album Photo on Groove Music: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH] ***Modified the title from Groove Music change the album photo***...
  8. Groove Music change the album photo

Groove Music change the album photo: When i tried to change the photo album because it messed up i let 10 mins and it did not change why ? [ATTACH][ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/groove-music-change-the-album-photo/46984a48-d4ca-4d2e-aa96-b29f989c646b
  9. Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program

Unable to use Groove Music and change it as a default program: Music Groove default can not be changed. It does not work and can not be changed. At every startup of the PC Written no possible to install, we will soon try again. Why can not I change the default music Groove app?[ATTACH][ATTACH] ***Modified title from: Music Groove...
  10. Can't change default music player to new program, but can change default browser just fine.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Can't change default music player to new program, but can change default browser just fine.: Hey, So I can't set my default musicplayer to MusicBee in the standard apps settings. I can only switch between WMP, Groove and VLC. Other settings I could test work just fine. I've tried all the commandline solutions found on here, I'm up to date, nothing works....