Windows 10: Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

Discus and support Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Hello, I have this weird problem with my music library folder. When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by d00msword, Dec 9, 2017.

1. d00msword Win User

Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty

Hello,

I have this weird problem with my music library folder.
    When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty.
    The problem is, that I have over 7000 mp3 files in the folder, and it doesn't sort by Album for example.

How can I fix this?

:)

d00msword, Dec 9, 2017

2. WMP 12 in Windows 10

I have recently upgraded to Windows 10, but my music library is empty in WMP 12. I have deleted the library database, changed music locations and added into "organize" and still no listing in the library. Can anyone suggest how I can get my library back
    and hence play music in WMP 12?

DavidSnashall, Dec 9, 2017
  3. Lumia " The Future is Here "

This is a support forum, not a complaints department.

I suggest you directly submit your complaints about hardware to Nokia and software to Microsoft.

Also it often helps to read reviews when switching platforms to make sure it suits your needs. From what you've said the Lumia 820 clearly doesn't suit you.

psychomania---01, Dec 9, 2017
  4. mrgeek Win User

"When I select any parameter on the "Arrange By" function, it returns that the folder is empty."

Mine works fine when I arrange by Album. You have the same columns in your Music folder that I do but I never use the preview pane. Can't you just sort by clicking the Album column which will put them in alpha order or use the Search box if you're looking for a particular one ? What happens if you do this in the This PC/Music folder vs the Library/Music ?

mrgeek, Dec 9, 2017
  5. d00msword Win User
    When I open the folder from This PC, it doesn't show the Arrange By function. So I can't use it there.

d00msword, Dec 9, 2017
  6. spunk Win User
    The libraries link may be messed up. Try browsing to C:\Users\[UserName]\Music\Songs does the same thing happen?

spunk, Dec 10, 2017
  7. d00msword Win User
    In this path, the Arrange By function isn't an option.
    So no *Sad

d00msword, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

1. Music Library "Arrange By" function is empty - Similar Threads - Music Library Arrange

2. Empty music folder?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Empty music folder?: Hi,Music files that I store on my pc have become unavailable after a Windows update. I don't access them regularly, so I'm not sure which update it was.All of the files show that there is data for my songs or albums, but if I open a folder it says that the folder is empty....
  3. Empty music folder?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Empty music folder?: Hi,Music files that I store on my pc have become unavailable after a Windows update. I don't access them regularly, so I'm not sure which update it was.All of the files show that there is data for my songs or albums, but if I open a folder it says that the folder is empty....
  4. Libraries - Arrange by Month

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Libraries - Arrange by Month: In a Libraries->Pictures folder, if I arrange by Folder, my files are shown. If I arrange by Month, they are not.Some things I've tried after reading similar posts:-Rebooted-Created a new local test account-Created a new test folder and added to the librarySame results with a...
  5. Music folder is empty?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Music folder is empty?: I opened my Windows Media Player, showed all my music like normal and as I'm trying to get it to recognize my phone, WMP refreshed and showed no music. I checked the library folder location in WMP, it was correct. Went to the music folder and it's empty! The only change...
  6. Music Library

Music Library: Is there a way of printing my Music Library into Notepad/Word or other app please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-library/99086a63-dd1a-452d-a824-3da624c85515"
  7. my music library

my music library: I just purchased Microsoft Personal 365 One Drive. I have 120gb music I have downloaded from discs into my computer which is managed by itunes. I want to have all this music available to me on my phone or on a remote laptop. Will OneDrive show and access my music library?...
  8. Music Library Not Sharing

Music Library Not Sharing: So, I'm trying to access my music library / collection on my laptop from my Xbox 360 and Xbox One, but oddly enough, my music library won't let me share it. [img] When I try to do it through the homegroup settings, when I select the music library from "not shared" to...
  9. Arranging music files for streaming

Arranging music files for streaming: Hope someone can help with this one - probably an easy fix. I recently upgraded from W7 to W10 on our PC and ever since then my internet radio which streams tracks from the PC has started sorting the albums and the tracks into alphabetica order instead of the order they...
  10. Music folder 'arrange by' function

in Windows 10 Support
    Music folder 'arrange by' function: Hello, There is a great feature in win7 explorer that you can arrange your music in the music folder by a few options such as albums, genre and artist. There is a way to get it again in win10 explorer? Example: [img] 16322