Windows 10: "Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC"

Discus and support "Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; I have encountered a strange problem with the file system in Windows 10. I was moving the locations ofDocuments, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. to a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by MJWilcken, Dec 31, 2019.

1. MJWilcken Win User

"Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC"

I have encountered a strange problem with the file system in Windows 10. I was moving the locations ofDocuments, Pictures, Music, Videos, etc. to a spinning media drive to free up space on my 512 GB SSD when theMusic library suddenly showed up twice under "This PC" in theFile Explorer. I have removed all Libraries and reset them to defaults to no avail;Music still shows up twice--once with the music note icon and again with the videos icon.

"Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC" 1cae5c75-30e1-4bbd-b289-5bcf57a7baec?upload=true.png

When I Restore Defaults under the Videos library,Music shows up under Library Locations.

"Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC" f4932f69-efe0-4b43-a442-c473807aa9b8?upload=true.png

Can this be fixed in the registry?

Why would Videos default to Music?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

:)

MJWilcken, Dec 31, 2019

2. Music

Hello,

Thank you for posting your concern here in Microsoft Community and welcome to the Windows 10 Family. I would be happy to assist you.

I would suggest you to place the music files in the Music folder under My Documents in the same drive where the Operating System is installed for the Music App to start syncing.

However if the issue still persist, I would suggest you follow the below steps to restore the default Libraries in Windows and check if it helps to resolve the issue.

Step 1 : Show the Libraries

• Go to This PC ( Computer )
    • Click on View
    • Click on Navigation Pane
    • Check “show all folders”
    • Check “Show Libraries”
    • Do not uncheck anything that is already checked
    Step 2 : Restore Default Libraries

• Now,
    • Locate your libraries in the left hand pane
    • Right Click
    • Click on Restore Default Libraries

Hope the above information was helpful. If you need further information, feel free to write to us and we would be glad to help you.

Thank You

Sayan_Ghosh, Dec 31, 2019
  3. Duplicate Music Library Sign Windows 10

Hi,

Thank you for posting your question in Microsoft community.

I understand your concern regarding the issue that you are facing.

Can you check if both the folders contain all the music that you need?

Where the original files are saved so that we can troubleshoot this issue further?

I suggest you to follow the below steps to resolve the issue.

Method: Restore default Libraries

I would suggest you try the restore library option and check if it helps. Please back up all the files in the library before trying this, just to make sure you don’t lose any files. Refer these steps:

• Open Windows explorer
    • In the left panel, locate Library and right click on it
    • Click “restore default libraries” option
    • Check if the issue persists.
    Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help.

SuvarnaG1709, Dec 31, 2019
  4. auntiebk Win User

wma files in Explorer, don't show in Windows Media Player Library

Tried to add folders under manage library but they do not show in WMA.
    How can I examine tags?

Many thanks.

"Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC" [​IMG]

auntiebk, Dec 31, 2019
Thema:

1. "Music" Library showing up twice under "This PC" - Similar Threads - Music Library showing

2. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  3. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Devices Showing Up Twice: On my router information within my internet service app my device is showing twice one says on and one says off, what does this mean? It isnt connected and is off. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/devices-showing-up-twice/e0d6e24e-1a1c-4297-8b14-b6267945cc8b
  4. Devices Showing Up Twice

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. E Drive showing up twice under "This PC" in File Expolorer

E Drive showing up twice under "This PC" in File Expolorer: So I use my C Drive mostly for games and other things as it is an SSD and my E drive is a hard disc drive. I move the location of some small files that don't require fast loading times like Pictures and Downloads in the E drive. Now for some reason it shows the E drive with...
  6. Music Library

Music Library: Is there a way of printing my Music Library into Notepad/Word or other app please ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/music-library/99086a63-dd1a-452d-a824-3da624c85515"
  7. Texts showing up twice

in Cortana
    Texts showing up twice: Using 'your phone companion' has anyone experienced texts getting duplicated? See examples below?... [ATTACH] [ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/texts-showing-up-twice/1315be60-27b8-4ceb-acf2-1a21048c37e6"
  8. Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    Same PC showing twice in under Devices in Microsoft account: Hello, Yesterday I've updated my windows from build 1803 to 1903. As I encountered some problems with Activation (Free Digital License) I have used slmgr.vbs /upk without writing down the Key(I thought I have it written down somewhere). I have tried to restore but couldn't...
  9. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600
  10. Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC'

in Windows 10 Support
    Stop showing drives twice in column under 'This PC': Windows 10 Enterprise LTSC Version 1809 Build 17763.437 How do I stop the showing of these drives? It's redundant as they're already being shown under 'This PC'. Thanks! [img] 132600