Windows 10: Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

Discus and support Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC" in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Music & Pictures folders libraries? no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC". They are still under c:\users\ and are visible in Libraries and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Teedububee, May 25, 2022.

1. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

Music & Pictures folders libraries? no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC". They are still under c:\users\ and are visible in Libraries and all files are still on the PC. Documents is still visible under This PC. No idea what all of a sudden made this happen. I don't seem to be able to change this situation.

:)

Teedububee, May 25, 2022
  2. enso Win User

Quick Access not searching Pictures folder

Summary, that last suggestion didn't work.

• I moved the pictures to another folder temporarily.

• Since there were no troubleshooting steps for this scenario, just for the heck of it, I ran through the restore steps. Copied some pictures into the Pictures folder, ran a Quick Access search and initial problem remains: Searching all of QA doesn't find any files in Pictures folder, running search on just the Pictures folder does. I want to run a global search and find matching files in any/all of the Documents, Music, Videos, and Pictures folders.
    That article dates from 2015 and I'm guessing is out of date. I hope it didn't create potential future problems in my registry.

Bottom line: I'm still looking for a fix.

3. Clear the 'cache' in file explorer for already used picture tags?

If you set some tags for your *.jpg pictures, the windows 10 file explorer shows them in the "details pane" on the right side.

Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC" [​IMG]

This list can get very long and with some wrong or no longer used entries.
    How can I clear this list / cache / suggestions?

Or how can I stop the file explorer to suggests already used Tags?

WTenNewbie, May 25, 2022
  4. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

Hello,

After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:

Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC" [​IMG]

I can simply delete the two shortcuts to the C: drive folders but they return as soon as Windows updates.

Why am I seeing these extra folders? Is there any way to get rid of them for good?

/Neil

BrisbaneMango, May 25, 2022
Thema:

Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

1. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC" - Similar Threads - Music Pictures folders

2. My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network: Since installing W11 update KB5030310 I no longer have visibility of my network storage device that was under File Explorer/Network/????. I uninstalled the update and rebooted. Did not fix. I do however see the storage device under 'This PC' but I am not allowed to delete any...
  3. My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Ethernet NETWORK drive is no longer visible under File Explorer/Network: Since installing W11 update KB5030310 I no longer have visibility of my network storage device that was under File Explorer/Network/????. I uninstalled the update and rebooted. Did not fix. I do however see the storage device under 'This PC' but I am not allowed to delete any...
  4. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC": Music & Pictures folders libraries? no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC". They are still under c:\users\ and are visible in Libraries and all files are still on the PC. Documents is still visible under This PC. No idea what all of a sudden made this happen. I...
  5. Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC"

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Music & Pictures folders no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC": Music & Pictures folders libraries? no longer visible in File Explorer under "This PC". They are still under c:\users\ and are visible in Libraries and all files are still on the PC. Documents is still visible under This PC. No idea what all of a sudden made this happen. I...
  6. In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    In files explorer, my onedrive pictures folder and under "this pc" pictures folder are one...: In order for me to access my local pictures, I have to go to local disk > users > pictures. Why is that? Why can't my pictures folder under "this pc" be my local photos? Instead, it's the onedrive pictures....
  7. File Explorer is missing "system" files under Music

File Explorer is missing "system" files under Music: One of the recent releases of Windows has caused File Explorer not to show *.jpg files in my music directory. I do have it set to show hidden files. Some programs can see the .jpg files for example, album art and folder in addition to the music files .mp3 & .flac, so I know...
  8. Picture preview no longer visible?

Picture preview no longer visible?: Hi, so for some time now it's been like this with me, that on my win10 the pictures are shown in folders and on the desktop only as this blue photo file icon. it's just extremely annoying because I was once again too lazy to number all the photos, and now I have to search...
  9. Why my 'Music' folder and 'Pictures' folder under This PC change their locations together

Why my 'Music' folder and 'Pictures' folder under This PC change their locations together: I want to move all folders(Videos, Music, Download, Music, Documents, Desktop) under This PC which are in my D: disk to E: disk. So I right-clicked each folder and selected property, moved to location tab, change its value to the E: disk path. This method ran well for...
  10. Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Two 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders in Explorer: Hello, After installing Windows 10 a couple of years ago I followed this tutorial to relocate my 'Music' and 'Pictures' folders to my D: drive. Now, whenever Windows 10 updates, if I browse to %USERPROFILE% I see two 'Music' folders and two 'Pictures' folders in Explorer:...