Windows 10: Music Stops If I Use My Microphone

Discus and support Music Stops If I Use My Microphone in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I'm using a wireless bluetooth headset (HyperX MIX). If I'm listening to music (on Spotify) and I try to use my microphone (e.g. in the browser,... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by X_Cryptologica_X, Sep 30, 2019.

1. Music Stops If I Use My Microphone

I'm using a wireless bluetooth headset (HyperX MIX). If I'm listening to music (on Spotify) and I try to use my microphone (e.g. in the browser, Discord, League of Legends) then my music stops entirely. If I go and view the playback devices volume indicator and I turn up the music volume then I see the volume change but I still don't hear any music?

I've tested on my phone and macbook and the headset functions as expected. I updated Windows, all my bluetooth/audio drivers, removed my bluetooth device and paired it again, disabled "full-control" and "audio enhancements" (restarting my computer several times in between)...but nothing seemed to fix the issue?

One strange thing I noticed is that it looks as if the microphone is listed as both a playback and recording device (see below)? And when I switch from the playback to recording device tab (in Sound Control Panel) while listening to music it does the same thing (can't hear music). I can listen to music and hear the audio in games at the same time, just not if I try to use voice chat.

Music Stops If I Use My Microphone 6e461529-07b7-47e4-ac3c-6e7e8a8523d0?upload=true.png

Music Stops If I Use My Microphone e7ac66a3-d241-481f-8982-ebd541e13b97?upload=true.png

Music Stops If I Use My Microphone 1ae850ce-19cd-4b0a-bf13-99b6e2095019?upload=true.png

:)

X_Cryptologica_X, Sep 30, 2019

2. Microphone suddenly stopped working

My microphone is still not working. I even checked the BIOS as someone had suggested but there is no listing for the microphone in there.

JonStoffelsen, Sep 30, 2019
  3. Arun B J Win User
    Built in microphone not working

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query in Microsoft Community.

I understand your concern and will assist you to resolve this issue.

I suggest you to follow the steps below and check if it helps

Method 1: I suggest you to set microphone as default device and check.

• Right click on the volume icon in the system tray and then click "Recording devices"

• Right click on the blank space in the popped up window and then select "Show Disabled Devices" and "Show Disconnected Devices".

• Right click on Microphone and then click "Enable".

• Highlight the microphone and then choose "Set as Default Device".

• Click Apply and OK.

Step 2: Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled. Follow the steps given to check that:

• Right click on the volume icon and select “Recording devices”.

• Now, Right Click on an empty space and select, “Show disconnected devices” and “Show disabled devices”.

• Make sure that the Microphone is not disabled.

And also update the audio drivers from the manufacturer web site and install.

Hope this helps. If the issue remains unresolved, please get back to us and we would be happy to help

Arun B J, Sep 30, 2019
  4. Argel Obm Win User

Music Stops If I Use My Microphone

Microphone stopped working

Hi,

There are various reasons why you're experiencing difficulties using your microphone. Kindly answer the questions below for us to better assist you on your concern:

• Does the issue occur when you use the headset on other devices?
    • Do you also encounter the same issue occur when you plug in your headset to a different USB port?
    • Can you still hear any music when you're using your headset?
    • What are the troubleshooting steps that you've done so far?

Argel Obm, Sep 30, 2019
Thema:

Music Stops If I Use My Microphone

1. Music Stops If I Use My Microphone - Similar Threads - Music Stops Microphone

2. WH-1000XM5 Connected music but no microphone

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    WH-1000XM5 Connected music but no microphone: Hello,On Windows 10, my wireless bluetooth headset only connects as a music device, and not with microphone says "Connected music" in the bluetooth menu.If I go into sound settings there is a microphone/headset device available "WH-1000XM5 Hands-Free AG Audio", but instead...
  3. My microphone become more quiet as i play music or any media

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My microphone become more quiet as i play music or any media: so when i listening to any media such as video or music on any apps my mic became more quiet, so i cant listening to music while recording a voice or having a conversation on voice call, i cant seem find another discussion about this, i ultimately reinstalled my windows and...
  4. Windows using my microphone

Windows using my microphone: Hey can someone please help meI just opened my laptop and was booting windows when all of a sudden at the desktop host processes was using my microphone and I could hear everyone in the room when I used earphones.Is this a bug or something??...
  5. My microphone stop working

My microphone stop working: My microphone kind a stop working on my pc yesterday i don't know why. The mic is working though because i tested it on my hp compaq laptop and it worked perfectly there. And i don't think there is a problem with my motherboard because its recognize it. Also my drivers are up...
  6. I used to change music anywhere

I used to change music anywhere: Lately i find that i can change music with my playback buttons - next song, previous song only while i have the app window opened. I used to be able to change music while gaming with my mouse, but now i need to open the spotify app and others and have them in the main screen...
  7. Whenever I update my microphone stops working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Whenever I update my microphone stops working: It has happened everytime I have updated and I have made sure that the microphone settings are set to my microphone but it still doesn't work, does anyone know how to fix this as I am tired of getting spammed with notifications every hour to update my computer, thanks....
  8. Using Microphone stops my audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Using Microphone stops my audio: Hi there, I've been having problems with my JBL Charge 3 Speaker which comes with a built in microphone. I've been using this with Zoom for the whole covid lockdown period and it has been working fine the last 3 months. Suddenly when i turn on Zoom, all my audio from the...
  9. I cant use my headsets microphone

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I cant use my headsets microphone: I try to use my headset on my laptop, but it never even picks up that my headset has a mic (which it does). I still hear audio on the headset, and I could use the headset earlier today. It's so frustrating submitted by /u/Dustie-GD [link] [comments]...
  10. svchost.exe is using my microphone

in Windows 10 Customization
    svchost.exe is using my microphone: how to uninstall svchost which is using my microphone ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/svchostexe-is-using-my-microphone/53ce0d59-98de-4e74-bfad-50241941b33f

Users found this page by searching for:

1. Why music stops when i sing at microphone

2. music stop everytome use mic