Windows 10: Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns

Discus and support Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; [img] This is bizarre because it isn't missing the columns from Users > [my username] > Music... [img] I've been unable to find anything that... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by tefohape, Jun 7, 2020.

1. tefohape Win User

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns [​IMG]

This is bizarre because it isn't missing the columns from Users > [my username] > Music...

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns [​IMG]

I've been unable to find anything that restores the columns to the folder from the This PC path.

Strangely, any folder above or below that folder has columns... and I've already tried removing the folder and creating it anew.

:)

tefohape, Jun 7, 2020
  2. Les1956 Win User

Propagate columns to sub-levels in File Explorer

I want to have a particular column within File Explorer for all my music folders.
    In particular, I wish to display “length”.

I was hoping to set the column at a higher level, and then for this to automatically appear at a sub-level.

OK, so I created the column "length" as below in the “My Music” folder

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns f18ab68c-b420-4886-a2ff-67b11af17488.png

I was hoping the next level down would inherit the column from above. But, in the “Abba” folder the new column was absent.
    So, I manually added at this level.

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns cc0a9f92-8845-4cea-a792-0eaff8694752.png

Ditto in the next level down, it has not inherited from above.

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns f94eb11b-8985-4657-91a7-3b280ae16a20.png

***Post moved by the moderator to the appropriate forum category.***

Les1956, Jun 7, 2020
  3. Ernie San Win User
    why won't column headings in File Explorer (Windows 10) stay the way I set them??

Hello,

To resolve the issue with column heading on File Explorer, we suggest to follow the steps below:

• Click on the View Tab.
    • Click Folder Options.

• Click Apply to all folders.
    Keep us posted.

Regards.

Ernie San, Jun 7, 2020
  4. Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns

Problems with Windows 10 Fall Creators Update: Missing sub-folders using File Explorer and unable to change folder icons

"The file folders and subfolders are randomly missing from being listed when using File Explorer and they are not actually missing from the hard drive."

It would be very very helpful to list and example of the names of the File Folders and sub folders that you say are missing, so we can compare with another machine.

Thanks.

minangkabu, Jun 7, 2020
Thema:

Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns

1. Music sub-folder from This PC missing Explorer columns - Similar Threads - Music sub folder

2. File Explorer - Folder Columns

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    File Explorer - Folder Columns: Until recently, less than a month ago, I was able to view the Backup Method full, differential, incremental as a column in File Explorer. That column is no longer available to add. What happened?...
  3. File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder

File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder: Hello, File Explorer - This PC folder - is missing some folder than are present under C:\Users\billf How can I fix "This PC" folder? Thanks, Bill Fee...
  4. Auto edit of the # column in a music folder

Auto edit of the # column in a music folder: I DJ and want to copy music files to a USB device to play in a CDJ USB player. CDJs automatically assume the value in the # column to order the files on the USB device. As there are several hundreds of files on the device it's helpful to know the order so you know how far to...
  5. Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc

in Windows 10 Support
    Duplicated folder on LEFT column of This Pc: Happened when shuffling my Videos folder about from one location to a temp location then back again. Cosmetic, really - but annoying. One shows as Videos, the other as is location, F:/; only the first appears in the right column display. See below [img] 136696
  6. Sub Folders missing from my Windows Live

in Windows 10 Customization
    Sub Folders missing from my Windows Live: Dear Sir/Madam When I opened my windows live mail yesterday, all my sub folders have gone missing, along with my inbox. After discussion with my phone provider, we have managed to get the inbox folder back, but not the sub folders I have created. Is there a way of...
  7. Background screen NOT from sub folders.

in Windows 10 Customization
    Background screen NOT from sub folders.: Hello, I've noticed that while with Vista you could choose as a background screen the folder Pictures and the slideshow would includes all the sub folders as well, now you can choose only a specific folder ( if you choose Pictures and it contains only sub folders the screen...
  8. Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer

in Windows 10 Support
    Setting folder and sub-folders properties in file explorer: Hello, In the file explorer I have folders with pictures, music and videos. Each type is stores in a separate main folder and under it subfolders. In the main folder properties I customize it what columns I want to see, then I click to set the same to all subfolders, click...
  9. Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents

in Windows 10 Support
    Missing desktop FOLDER with many sub folders and other documents: I have lost a folder off my desktop which contains vital information. I have checked my deleted items folder and it is not there. I have done a system search and it does not pop up, although two sub folders pop up, but they are both empty. What on earth has happened!!?...
  10. How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?

in Windows 10 Support
    How to add a new column to the Pictures folder and all sub-folders?: I have a lot of pictures of my granddaughter taken by my camera, my daughter’s camera & phone, and my son-in-law’s phone at the same place and time. For example, we were all at Disney World at the same time. I would like to add the “Camera model” to all Details views to...