Windows 10: Music Tags Disappears

Discus and support Music Tags Disappears in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; All tags and details from a music mp3 file disappear after I try to add a contributing artist. The cover art disappears as well, however, the music... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by ratchet303, Dec 14, 2018.

1. Music Tags Disappears

All tags and details from a music mp3 file disappear after I try to add a contributing artist. The cover art disappears as well, however, the music file still plays. How to fix?

Music Tags Disappears 5082ed39-80f5-47b9-b99a-eebe7e0f2892?upload=true.png

Music Tags Disappears fcb75df6-f54d-4c10-8c88-bcf326ed0a4e?upload=true.png

Music Tags Disappears ff164a29-7a14-4860-9030-99d254bd6d34?upload=true.png

:)

ratchet303, Dec 14, 2018
  2. eine Win User

Pics and music tags missing

Ok so here I sit on a Sunday afternoon to download the songs my phone has tagged. Oh my where did all my tags disappear to ? What's this you say my pictures also ? ok ok so where did my music tags go? i'm running 7.10.8107.79 on windows 7.5. If there is
    a tag and photo expiration limit, don't you think it should say so on the phone?

3. tags or title for pictures / photos

Hello,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

Title is used to get more information about the content, different documents will have different title.

You can add same tags for documents with different title to group them to together, which will help in searching the file with same tags. I suggest you to follow the steps mentioned below to add tags or title to your image.

Steps:

1. Right click on the Image or photo you want to tag.
    2. Select Properties.
    3. Select Detail tab.
    4. Under Description section, select
      tags or title.
    5. Add your tags or title and click on
      Ok.

Note: You can add more than one tag to the same image or photo.

Hope it helps.

Sandeep Kumar M

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Sandeep_KM, Dec 14, 2018
  4. Steve C Win User

Music Tags Disappears

Can't edit mp3 tags from explorer

I had a hard time a few weeks ago compiling MP3 files to play on MZD Connect on my Mazda. There were various tagging and data integrity issues which I fixed as below. My approach may be overkill for your needs!

MP3 File Analysis

1. MP3 files store music metadata (ID3 Tags) which can be in several formats. ID3 Tag v2.3 has proven to work with MZD Connect. The ID3 Tags can be converted in iTunes by viewing the tracks in Library / Songs view then selecting File / Convert / Convert ID3 Tags, then select v2.3. An alternative method is listed in step 3 below.
    2. Use the free program Tagscanner https://www.xdlab.ru/en/ to check and edit the MP3 file metadata for artist, album art etc. The same editing can be done in iTunes but Tagscanner is much easier and faster. Check both the artist and album artist fields are completed, the song name & album name are correct, track number & disc number are set and that embedded album art is present for every track. Note multiple tracks can be selected and edited simultaneously.
    3. Check the tags for each music file are correctly set to v2.3 in Tagscanner. Cut the tag then paste it back in the same place to set v2.3 if the incorrect version is set.
    4. Perform a Google image search for the artist and album name to find a JPG file for missing album covers. Save a suitable artwork file size c. 300x300 pixels then add the album art for each track in Tagscanner.
    5. Use free program MP3Test Willkommen auf Shivan's Homepage to quickly check and test for MP3 file errors. Correct any simple errors using Tagscanner.
    6. Use the free program MP3Diags MP3 Diags to perform a detailed check of MP3 files and correct errors. This program has a learning curve and some experience to use. Inexperienced computer users may prefer to skip this step and just rely on step 5 above.

Steve C, Dec 14, 2018
Thema:

Music Tags Disappears

1. Music Tags Disappears - Similar Threads - Music Tags Disappears

2. Notation lessons Disappear in sheet music

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Notation lessons Disappear in sheet music: When highlighting a few measures in sheet music, the rest of the notation on the monitor disappears. This also happens on the monitor with a 2 page spread when clicking on the looping repeat icon. last year when taking the same lessons/company, I was able to highlight a few...
  3. My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!

My Music Folder A-O disappeared?!: Hi all, So this morning I was fed up of random numbered files appearing in my music delete them they come back after a few days I thought this was an amazon music fault so I uninstalled the app. I also carried out a windows update it was not an automatic update but a manual...
  4. Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Groove Music doesn't recognize tags in music added to library after 1909 update: I've tried to remove the Databases folder in AppData, but it didn't help. It happens on all machines, where I have 1909 update installed. Can anyone help? submitted by /u/Ark_mage2 [link] [comments]...
  5. Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?: I noticed that when I upload any music file to OneDrive, all its tags disappear and I can't add any tags to it. When dragging the file back to my Desktop, the tags magically appear again. Is there any way to add tags of music files stored on OneDrive? submitted by...
  6. Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?

in Windows 10 Support
    Edit Music file tags stored on OneDrive still not possible?: I noticed that when I upload any music file to OneDrive, all its tags disappear and I can't add any tags to it. When dragging the file back to my Desktop, the tags magically appear again. Is there any way to add tags of music files stored on OneDrive? 145450
  7. Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Issues with displaying comment tags of music FLAC files: Hi, I'm fully aware that Windows so cold "native FLAC support" is not really working as it should and due to it I have a significant issues with my music collection of 2000+ FLAC files. I added ID comments to most of these files using Mp3tag or MediaMonkey but nothing gets...
  8. I need help with music tagging in W10

in Windows 10 Customization
    I need help with music tagging in W10: Hi, So I have recently upgraded to 10 (from 7) and I noticed that the properties - details tab is different for music files in 10. They changed (for example): W7 Artists = W10 Contributing Artists W7 Year = W10 Date released Those for example are fine because they...
  9. Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata

Groove Music Ignores Tagging & Metadata: Hello, Windows 10's Groove Music app ignores every modification I make to albums downloaded from the Microsoft Store. Whether it's song/album titles or cover art, Groove continues to display the music as it was before my changes, while other media players have no problems...
  10. Music has disappeared

in Windows 10 Support
    Music has disappeared: All my music has disappeared Help 47589

Users found this page by searching for:

1. file explorer mp3 tags disappear

2. tagscanner tags dissapeared

3. flac tag w10