Windows 10: Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing

Discus and support Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Lately, my music and video files are only showing icons instead thumbnails where usually it should display thumbnail for video and album cover for... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/SatkiLendra, Jan 2, 2021.

1. Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing

Lately, my music and video files are only showing icons instead thumbnails where usually it should display thumbnail for video and album cover for music. Weirdly enough that only photos that able to show the thumbnails properly.

I already unchecked the "always shows icons not thumbnails" option but still it only came with same results. Then, I try to delete the thumbnail file at temporary files and still not working.

Anyone knows how to fix this?

submitted by /u/SatkiLendra
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/SatkiLendra, Jan 2, 2021

2. Video thumbnails are not showing up in music

The thumbnails of videos aren't showing up in my phone. The format that I used was AVI. Perhaps WP Music+Videos requires some other format for showing up the thumbnails. So which format to use or how to fix that if it's not about the format.

Thank you.

@iwasweasel, Jan 2, 2021
  3. grey thumbnails in video library music +video

video thumbnails all displaying grey except for one. and they are all same format mp4 why how can i get the video thumbnails to display in music video .. it shows all in moliplayer

JosuaRudzinske, Jan 2, 2021
  4. Dgo47 Win User

Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing

File Explorer not showing thumbnails

Brink,

Many thanks for you reply. I have done all the steps you suggested, but no change,

When I open a folder containing photos, some open correctly but the vast majority open with thumbnails, but they very quickly get overwritten and you can not longer see the thumbnails.

Are there any more suggestions?

Dgo47, Jan 2, 2021
Thema:

Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing

1. Music & Video Thumbnails Not Showing - Similar Threads - Music Video Thumbnails

2. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  3. Video thumbnails are not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video thumbnails are not showing: I built a new computer back in April last year and had Windows 11 installed on it. Everything was working fine except for the fact that for some reason the system would not show any thumbnail previews of any of my video files. That includes MP4s, MKVs, or even older formats...
  4. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  5. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video: I've recently started to take videos with my phone in 2k NOT 1080p & since doing so the thumbnail of the file is not showing But it still does on the 1080p video files. ? is this a bug in Windows or something to do with my PC? Running windows 10Any help would be appreciated...
  6. Video Thumbnails not showing with 2K Video

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  7. Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.

Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine.: Video Thumbnails not showing. Image thumbnails work fine. if i change .mp4 file to .vob the icons show a preview again https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/video-thumbnails-not-showing-image-thumbnails-work/8f8450f0-81fa-4baa-bc62-1e2f7d250f5d
  8. Thumbnail on some videos not showing

Thumbnail on some videos not showing: Hi,Some of the videos are not showing thumbnails in Windows 10. I can see them in Windows 7. I have done all the settings shown in the View Tab. Nothing seem to be working.Can you please assist.Thanks....
  9. Video thumbnails not showing

Video thumbnails not showing: Hi all, so I have a strange issue with thumbnails for video files not showing - it's just the Film & TV icon. This happens ONLY for video files - pictures thumbnails show up just fine. The videos are typical MP4 files H264 encoding and play perfectly fine in the Film & TV...
  10. Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Why the video thumbnails are not showing ?: [ATTACH] submitted by /u/srrahman [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/glhazv/why_the_video_thumbnails_are_not_showing/