Windows 10: Must I disconnect internal HDD before fresh re-install?

Discus and support Must I disconnect internal HDD before fresh re-install? in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; I have Win 10 Pro on an M.2 drive in my PC and want to do a fresh re-install with the new version (2004). Thing is, I have an internal HDD. Do I need... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by abibee, May 27, 2020.

1. abibee Win User

Must I disconnect internal HDD before fresh re-install?

I have Win 10 Pro on an M.2 drive in my PC and want to do a fresh re-install with the new version (2004). Thing is, I have an internal HDD. Do I need to open the PC up and disconnect this before-hand, or is WIn smart enough nowadays to only install on the ssd it resides on currently?
    I've read stories of Win misplacing files onto other drives, but opening this PC is a nerve-wracking experience for me, so if I can avoid that...

:)

abibee, May 27, 2020
  2. Manoj111 Win User

internal HDD

Namaskar Friends

This is my first post, I wish to know the maximum size of Int HDD that can support My present Asus MoBo

P8H61-M LX3 R2.0

pl suggest BIOS version is up to date 1107

Manoj111, May 27, 2020
  3. Kem Mon Win User
    unlock hdd

Hi Johan,

It is possible that your
    HDD was unreadable
    causing the error message to appear. We recommend that you perform these troubleshooting steps and check if there are any changes:

• Shutdown
      your
      PC.

• Unhooked
      the
      HDD
      and
      turn on
      your
      PC.

• Reconnect
      your
      HDD
      and
      restart
      your
      PC.

If the issue persists, we suggest that you contact your
    laptop/computer's manufacturer
    for further assistance.

Update us on how it goes.

Regards.

Kem Mon, May 27, 2020
  4. Must I disconnect internal HDD before fresh re-install?

Fresh Windows 10 install on new HDD

Hello,

Please refer this step-by-step guide to make clean install:

Clean Install Windows 10

Let me know if this helps!

Kapil Arya MVP, May 27, 2020
Thema:

Must I disconnect internal HDD before fresh re-install?

1. Must I disconnect internal HDD before fresh re-install? - Similar Threads - Must disconnect internal

2. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  3. Fresh re-install - crash

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Fresh re-install - crash: After er fresh re-install, I keep getting BSoDAn error like this:--Intialiseringen af SCEP-certifikatregistreringen for WORKGROUP\DESKTOP-SG9PQFU$ via https://AMD-KeyId-578c545f796951421221a4a578acdb5f682f89c8.microsoftaik.azure.net/templates/Aik/scep...
  4. My Internal HDD gets disconnected on stress.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Internal HDD gets disconnected on stress.: My setup details are as follows:Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.80GHzRAM: 32GB G-Skill RipjawsDisk 1: WD 500GB Internal SSD Boot Drive, Windows 10 ProDisk 2: WD 1TB Internal HDDGPU: ASUS Geforce RTX3060 TIPSU: 650 Watts Corsair 80+ BronzeMOBO: Gigabyte Z590 UD AC I use my PC for...
  5. My Internal HDD gets disconnected on stress.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Internal HDD gets disconnected on stress.: My setup details are as follows:Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.80GHzRAM: 32GB G-Skill RipjawsDisk 1: WD 500GB Internal SSD Boot Drive, Windows 10 ProDisk 2: WD 1TB Internal HDDGPU: ASUS Geforce RTX3060 TIPSU: 650 Watts Corsair 80+ BronzeMOBO: Gigabyte Z590 UD AC I use my PC for...
  6. My Internal HDD gets disconnected on stress.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My Internal HDD gets disconnected on stress.: My setup details are as follows:Intel Core i7-10700KF @3.80GHzRAM: 32GB G-Skill RipjawsDisk 1: WD 500GB Internal SSDDisk 2: WD 1TB Internal HDDGPU: ASUS Geforce RTX3060 TIPSU: 650 Watts Corsair 80+ BronzeMOBO: Gigabyte Z590 UD AC I use my PC for developing, editing and...
  7. Fresh install on new hdd.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Fresh install on new hdd.: power went down on my old laptop with new hdd while in middle of windows10 install, tried to start install after sorting out power supply but it gets to second window and get message about restart and system exception not handled. What can i do to rectify the problem?...
  8. Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install

Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...
  9. Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install

Forgot to disconnect HDD before Windows 10 Install: I installed Windows 10 on my SSD and failed to disconnect the dam hard drive before doing so. So..now I have my boot drive on the HDD and OP on the SSD which would be no big deal but I can't delete it to access all 6 terabytes ( trying to convert to from mbr to gpt to get...
  10. fresh install with new HDD

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    fresh install with new HDD: I have upgraded my laptop to Windows 10 then did a clean install..... need ed to change the laptop HDD will I be able to do a clean install and achieve activation or is there a procedure to follow thanks 37080