Windows 10: Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?

Discus and support Must I make one more action to ask Cortana? in Cortana to solve the problem; Hello! I updated my Windows 10 to 2004. In the previous version, I could just click the Cortana circle in my taskbar and ask her about something with... Discussion in 'Cortana' started by Михаил.-., Jun 1, 2020.

1. Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?

Hello!

I updated my Windows 10 to 2004. In the previous version, I could just click the Cortana circle in my taskbar and ask her about something with my voice. After the 2004 update, I click the icon, the Cortana window shows up, I talk to her, she doesn't listen. I must click the microphone button to talk to her. One more action. It decreases my productivity!

The question is: Is it possible to make Cortana listen right after I click the icon on Windows 10 2004? Of course, Win + C is an option, but 40% of my working time I don't use my keyboard, but I always have my mouse nearby.

Thank you

Best regards

:)

Михаил.-., Jun 1, 2020
  2. Brink Win User

Cortana in Action – #WindowsInsiders Webcast

Source:
    Cortana in Action - #WindowsInsiders Webcast - Windows Insider

Brink, Jun 1, 2020
  3. Cortana . . . Asking me to say things

Hi,

To assist you with your concern, have you tried to turn off " Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more." feature?

Follow these steps on how:

• Click the search bar.
    • Click the gear icon.
    • Under Settings, click the slider to turn off "Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts and more."
    Let us know if this answered your query.

Gerald Vit, Jun 1, 2020
  4. Dewdrop_ Win User

Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?

Cortana Notebook

In order to enable the Notebook icon in Cortana, I suggest you to check if you have enabled Cortana.

To enable Cortana, please follow the steps below:

• Go to Cortana.
    • Go to Settings.
    • Turn on “Cortana can give you suggestions, ideas, reminders, alerts”.

Hope this helps.

Dewdrop_, Jun 1, 2020
Thema:

Must I make one more action to ask Cortana?

1. Must I make one more action to ask Cortana? - Similar Threads - Must more action

2. It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint: I recently got a new laptop with Windows ten. It had fingerprint scanner so I didnt bother marking a pin or pasword. But today my finger were sweaty and when I tried it didnt work. So I tried a couple more time and it didnt let me in. So now it its asking me for a pin but...
  3. It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint

in Windows 10 Support
    It’s asking me for a pin but I didn’t make one I use fingerprint: I recently got a new laptop with Windows ten. It had fingerprint scanner so I didnt bother marking a pin or pasword. But today my finger were sweaty and when I tried it didnt work. So I tried a couple more time and it didnt let me in. So now it its asking me for a pin but...
  4. Cortana Must Die

in Cortana
    Cortana Must Die: I hate Cortana and the fact the Microsoft has done everything it can to prevent us from removing or deactivating it - especially the auto-websearch, which I find extremely intrusive. I am tempted to edit my registry but fear any backlash or mishap as it is not something I am...
  5. ask Cortana for a reminder

in Cortana
    ask Cortana for a reminder: I just set up Cortana on 2 computers and asked her to remind me of an appointment. On one she reminded me with a box in the lower corner, but on the other one, she made a verbal announcement. How do I choose the method?...
  6. How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?

in Cortana
    How can I make Cortana talk when asked questions via text?: The official Microsoft pages I've found say Cortana will only respond by talking if spoken to via microphone. I'd like to make it so she talks no matter how a question is asked. It seems this should be an option, if only for accessibility. Is there a registry key I could...
  7. Secondary drive keep asking for permissions for any action I trying to make

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Secondary drive keep asking for permissions for any action I trying to make: Hi all, Yesterday I was trying to install Avast antivirus into my Win 10 laptop. I located it in the secondary drive right under the root (D:\). After that, I deleted it and it wiped out all data in my secondary drive - but luckily I have back-ups. The problem is,...
  8. Windows 10 19H1 update will make Action Center more useful

in Windows 10 News
    Windows 10 19H1 update will make Action Center more useful: Microsoft is updating the Action Center in Windows 10 to make it more useful. One of the changes that Microsoft plans for Action Center is a brightness slider that would replace the brightness quick action button. Starting with Windows 10 19H1, you will notice the brightness...
  9. Cortana missing in notifications and actions

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Cortana missing in notifications and actions: I've never noticed if this was an issue before but I was curious as to why little Cortana tidbits were not coming up in my action center on one PC, whilst they do for another machine. So I went to settings - notifications and actions, and I see Cortana is missing here....
  10. I Must be one lucky person

in Windows 10 Support
    I Must be one lucky person: I have two 15" HP Envy Touchsmart laptops and an MS SP2 Pro and upgraded all three of the from 8.1 to 10. All three upgrades went about as smooth as you could ask for. I was having a couple of problems on one of my Envy's and the upgrade to 10 fixed the problems. After...