Windows 10: Must I update to 1903?

Discus and support Must I update to 1903? in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; I have a laptop which is used for only one application. It doesn't require an internet connection so I haven't connected in about two years. Today I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/tomhusband, Feb 9, 2020.

1. Must I update to 1903?

I have a laptop which is used for only one application. It doesn't require an internet connection so I haven't connected in about two years. Today I thought it might be a good idea to get current. I connected to my home WiFi and started all the accumulated updates. After a few hours it completed but 1903 failed to update. I'm trying it again but I expect the same results.

If I only use this for one application and don't need to be connected to the internet or my home network can I just live without it? I'll probably buy another low cost laptop in a year or so anyway.

Many thanks.

submitted by /u/tomhusband
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/tomhusband, Feb 9, 2020
  2. varxtis Win User

Cannot update to 1903

O_O thats a lot of steps. Starting in a few mins. Quick question though:
    You list a set of instructions for "Windows 10 iso as an in place upgrade repair" with links, and then you included a box for "Routine troubleshooting steps" with 13 steps including links.

Which should I be following first?

PLEASE don't hate me for asking this as this just occurred to me. Should I try the update in Safe mode? I downloaded the MediaCreationTool 1903, but it wasn't successful in doing the update, nor was it successful in creating Usb install.

varxtis, Feb 9, 2020
  3. MJLONGLEY Win User
    Windows 10 1903 update - resulting problems

Hi Vijay,

Thank you for the rapid response.

Your suggested actions are very technical - hardly for 'the man in the street'

'

If I understand correctly, in simple terms, you are suggesting changing the path/method of obtaining the 1903 update but still installing it anyway -

Surely if the problem is actually with the 1903 update then the result will be the same problems irrespective of how it is applied?

Please could you clarify in simple terms, step by step, what your suggested actions actually do and how this may solve the problem.

Thanks,

Mike Longley.

MJLONGLEY, Feb 9, 2020
  4. 3Colors Win User

Must I update to 1903?

Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond Must I update to 1903? :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Feb 9, 2020
Thema:

Must I update to 1903?

1. Must I update to 1903? - Similar Threads - Must update 1903

2. Must I downgrade?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must I downgrade?: After a year or so of being using W11 you decided my Dell Inspiron 3521 is no longer worth. Is it a bug or do I need to get back to WX? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/must-i-downgrade/3aca1130-bb14-4c7b-920d-ddded5f6695b
  3. Must I downgrade?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Must I downgrade?: After a year or so of being using W11 you decided my Dell Inspiron 3521 is no longer worth. Is it a bug or do I need to get back to WX? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/must-i-downgrade/3aca1130-bb14-4c7b-920d-ddded5f6695b
  4. How long must I suffer. There must be a cure

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How long must I suffer. There must be a cure: I've been trying to work my way out of the "Error (0xc000007b)" for years now. I'm on Windows 10 and I've mostly tried doing things with my redistributables and directx. But it never changes, only pain ensues. This problem mainly effects me when im attempting to open games...
  5. How long must I suffer. There must be a cure

in Windows 10 Support
    How long must I suffer. There must be a cure: I've been trying to work my way out of the "Error (0xc000007b)" for years now. I'm on Windows 10 and I've mostly tried doing things with my redistributables and directx. But it never changes, only pain ensues. This problem mainly effects me when im attempting to open games...
  6. Update 1903

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Update 1903: I am running Windows 10 Pro. After the last update 1903, build 18362.418, the following file appeared on my Seagate external hard drive. I have no idea how it got there or what it is. Is it safe to delete it?...
  7. Update #1903

Update #1903: My computer updated while at lunch yesterday. Windows 10 Home, HP Desktop computer. All of my icons, files, screen saver are gone. I tried restarting, logging into my computer, and logging back out. Called the Geek squad and they told me to bring my computer to a store....
  8. Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...

Windows 10 Update 1903 won't install because it says AVG 2015 must be updated or...: I haven't used the AVG app for a long time. So I had no objection to uninstalling it. I tried using the updater's "uninstall" button. Nothing happened. Repeatedly. So I tried uninstalling it from "Settings". Again. Nothing happened...repeatedly. So I went online and...
  9. Update to 1903

Update to 1903: Hi, I'm having issues updating to the latest update. The Settings App gives me this error: [ATTACH] I looked the error code 0x80070003 up and tried troubeshooting with the included option is the Settings App and by downloading the troubleshooter from this page, but it...
  10. Update 1903

Update 1903: Hello. After installing 1903 Windows version my cpu cannot achieve max turbo boost frequency. (i7 9700k) . It achieves 100 mhz lower frequency than before. As a result cpu-z score on single core performance is lower too. Any help? Would it be fixed maybe by an update? Shall I...