Windows 10: Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep

Discus and support Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; Okay, I un-did the other methods for bypassing the Lock Screen, your tutorial's method is still in place and does the job. But I still get the... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by Electrojim, Jun 27, 2017.

1. Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep

Okay, I un-did the other methods for bypassing the Lock Screen, your tutorial's method is still in place and does the job. But I still get the Incorrect Password message when waking up from sleep. So either I have to sign out and back in, or just forget the sleep mode and shut the system off (in which case I get the Lock Screen anyway... Grrr). Thanks for all your help; if I ever resolve this I'll post.

Electrojim, Jun 28, 2017
  2. Brink
    Brink New Member

Have you already tried changing the password for the account to see if that clears it up?

Brink, Jun 28, 2017
  3. Just tried it, same thing. One thing I've noticed, since I've been sitting here all day... the Caps Lock LED on my USB-wired keyboard always stayed on when it was plugged into the Vista system, but with this Win10 computer, it goes out after just a few seconds of not typing. I have already looked under Device Manager at the setting about turning this device off to save power, and it's not checked. In fact, I went down through the entire list under Device Manager and made sure that nothing was set to save power, and that the keyboard is the only device that can wake the system up out of Sleep mode.

There's also another option I've run across under the Power Management heading, having to do with USB 'selective suspend,' which I don't fully understand, but which is Disabled. Here's how that whole area is configured:

Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep [​IMG]

I might try (forced) Hibernate, rather than the Hybrid Sleep mode and see what that does, but I think in that case I'd have to wake the system up using the power button on the CPU.

Electrojim, Jun 28, 2017
  4. Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep

Okay, I tried straight Hibernate and, as I suspected, it's much like shutting down the computer in that it takes a bit longer to come back to life, but when it does all the previous apps are running. Interesting: when the Log In screen comes up (no Lock Screen!), it does not report Incorrect Password, as it does waking up from Sleep. But the color hack in the Registry is still nonfunctional.

So to get the Registry color hack to work, I either have to shut down the computer completely and start it from scratch each time, or use Sleep and sign out and back in once it's running. And in that case, of course, sleep, hybrid sleep or even Hibernate is moot, because programs have to start from scratch.

Electrojim, Jun 28, 2017
  5. Eagle51 Win User
    Probably a long shot, but how about NumLock being on/off .... on one screen vs the other ?

Eagle51, Jun 28, 2017
  6. Hi, Eagle, not sure what you mean. I can be in MS Word, for example, and when I quit typing, after 5 seconds the LED goes out. The keyboard must still be powered because the first stroke wakes it up. Doesn't matter what application I'm in, or how many are open, that LED goes out after 5 seconds of non-use. Same for the Caps Lock LED also. First computer I've had that did this.

Electrojim, Jun 28, 2017
  7. Hey, Brink, one more observation. When the Power Options are set to turn the monitor off after 5 minutes, for example, sure enough it goes off. BUT when the computer is put to Sleep, then 5 minutes later, it wakes up very briefly on its own and shuts down so it has to be restarted with the power switch. All apps are still open, however, so it must go into true Hibernate mode. Not shut off all the way or the Lock Screen would appear. To obviate this I set the Turn Off Monitor to Never and use the blank screen in the Screen Saver menu. Sure wish MS were still supporting XP... it worked!

Electrojim, Jun 28, 2017
  8. Eagle51 Win User

Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep

Sorry, I meant about your password issue when waking from sleep. NumLock key getting toggled off for some reason. Which would only matter if you had numbers in your password *Smile

Like I said, a long shot and may not have anything to do with your issue *Sad

Eagle51, Jun 28, 2017
  9. Brink
    Brink New Member
    That sure is a lot to have to workaround this, but I'm glad you were able to.

Brink, Jun 28, 2017
  10. Thank you for this tutorial! Just what I could not find without your help.

muymalestado, Apr 4, 2018
Thema:

Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep

1. Must log out and back in after wakeup from sleep - Similar Threads - Must log wakeup

2. BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep: Hi I've had this problem for a few months. I've tried to fix it myself to no avail. I'd appreciate any help in fixing the problem.This problem started when I upgraded my storage on my desktop. I had to create a system image in order to copy it to the new NVM.e SSD device....
  3. BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    BSOD on Wakeup from Sleep: Hi I've had this problem for a few months. I've tried to fix it myself to no avail. I'd appreciate any help in fixing the problem.This problem started when I upgraded my storage on my desktop. I had to create a system image in order to copy it to the new NVM.e SSD device....
  4. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

Pc fail to wakeup from sleep: The "sleep" don't work on the system.It goes to sleep but when it comes back something is wrong and the system resets and restarts normally, but I lost everything I was doing !!!I'm with windows 20h2 v2, until a few days ago it worked.How can I solve? Of course windows is...
  5. BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 Gaming
    BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: HiKeep on getting BSOD 1-5 minutes after I start to use the computer in the mornings, also happens if I take a long break some hours and continue to work.Have tried many different things like reinstalling the graphic drivers, but so far I haven't managed to solve the...
  6. BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116: HiKeep on getting BSOD 1-5 minutes after I start to use the computer in the mornings, also happens if I take a long break some hours and continue to work.Have tried many different things like reinstalling the graphic drivers, but so far I haven't managed to solve the...
  7. BSOD after wakeup from sleep, VIDEO_TDR_FAILURE 116

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  8. Laptop monitor not working after wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Laptop monitor not working after wakeup from sleep: Hi, I have an Asus g14 with the latest windows 10 64. my laptop monitor won't work sometimes 3 times a week after sleep. Also if I keep the lid open for few minutes when this error happens my laptop starts to getting heat up. I updated all the graphic drivers but still the...
  9. Pc fail to wakeup from sleep

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Pc fail to wakeup from sleep: The "sleep" don't work on the system. It goes to sleep but when it comes back something is wrong and the system resets and restarts normally, but I lost everything I was doing !!! I'm with windows 20h2 v2, until a few days ago it worked. How can I solve? ( Of course...
  10. BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSOD - unexpected_store_exception after sleep wakeup or hybernate wakeup: I build new PC, and since beginning I'm getting randomly BSOD, when I wake up PC from sleep or hybernation. I run the chkdsk and also memtest, they both passed. Thx for help. The BSOD says: unexpected_store_exception the minidump is debugged below. Microsoft R Windows...