Windows 10: Must Reset Contana after every boot up before I can use the search box

Discus and support Must Reset Contana after every boot up before I can use the search box in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Windows 10 did several updates in the last two weeks. My search box quit working, I would start typing and nothing would happen. After trying several... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by BenjaminPiccola, Apr 10, 2019.

1. Must Reset Contana after every boot up before I can use the search box

Windows 10 did several updates in the last two weeks. My search box quit working, I would start typing and nothing would happen. After trying several things, including trying to get cortana working, I have only determined that after every boot, I must do a reset on Cortana before I can use search. Any Ideas what I have done?? I had disabled Contana last year. I also usually do not login to microsoft when using my pc.

:)

BenjaminPiccola, Apr 10, 2019

2. search box

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in Windows 10.We sincerely regret for the inconvenience caused.

I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if are able to find search box.

• Right click on the task bar.

• Go to Cortana.

• Click on show search box.
    Now check if you are able to find search box.

Please let us know if you need further assistance.

Thank you.

Divya Murugan, Apr 10, 2019
  3. Bazz Win User
    Toshiba Satelite Out of box reset

• If the manufacturer set up your PC to run from a compressed Windows image file (also known as Windows image file boot or WIMBoot) and included the option to restore factory settings, that option will no longer be available after you upgrade to Windows 10.
    Help with upgrading to Windows 10 - Windows Help

4. Must Reset Contana after every boot up before I can use the search box

Search box

Hi,

To start troubleshooting your issue, follow the steps below:

• Right-click on the taskbar.
    • Select Cortana.
    • Click Show search box.
    Let us know how it goes.

Eugene deV, Apr 10, 2019
Thema:

Must Reset Contana after every boot up before I can use the search box

1. Must Reset Contana after every boot up before I can use the search box - Similar Threads - Must Reset Contana

2. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  3. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.: Hi all Iam using windows 10 os in my hp laptop,Suddenly from today Iam not able to enter my password for connecting to my wifi. My keyboard is working fine and i have checked it in notepad. This is also happening for the windows search box...
  4. keyboard not is working in text boxs, ie. contana search and password text box.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change

in Cortana
    Contana SEarch & File Explore Font TYPE Change: After the .NET Framework 3.5 & 4.8 update, File Explorer fonts changed and can not be changed back to their previous settings. I followed all of the posted recommendations and nothing works. The registry entries look correct. Also, Windows seems to switch between the...
  6. BSoD before every boot

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    BSoD before every boot: Every time I boot my computer, I get a blue screen. Afterwards, I can use the computer normally. But it still adds waiting time and makes me worry for the health of my computer, so I'm coming here to ask for help. Here are the minidumps, system info, and speccy file:...
  7. search box locked up

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    search box locked up: completed windows update and now search box is locked up. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/search-box-locked-up/668a76a7-1c8e-41d9-97c5-568a863446d6
  8. Don't be able to write in windows search box after booting up windows or restarting it.

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Don't be able to write in windows search box after booting up windows or restarting it.: After booting up I need to manually run (c:\windows\system32\ctfmon.exe) this program to write anything in windows search box or anywhere in windows where there is option to write. Please tell me how to fix this issue....
  9. CAN ICHANG CONTANAS name

in Cortana
    CAN ICHANG CONTANAS name: chanes contana name https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/can-ichang-contanas-name/66b09bfe-e264-4139-ba04-a954f54a02b6"
  10. Must restart before I can log on

in Windows 10 Support
    Must restart before I can log on: Hello, This is not an urgent, "my computer is broken" sort of thing, but rather a "this annoys the crap out of me" sort of thing. SO, it's simple: every time I turn on my computer, I must restart it exactly one time before I can log on. This includes when my computer...