Windows 10: Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...

Discus and support Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I... in Windows Hello & Lockscreen to solve the problem; I can't reset my pin without internet connection, but I can use my password to navigate the system commands.I have tried booting it in safe mode, I... Discussion in 'Windows Hello & Lockscreen' started by BraveTern, May 20, 2022.

1. BraveTern Win User

Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...

I can't reset my pin without internet connection, but I can use my password to navigate the system commands.I have tried booting it in safe mode, I have tried unlocking the hidden administrator account, I have reset my PC twice, none of the standard solutions work, it only sends me back to the reset PIN prompt. But again, it recognizes my actual password fine, I just can't seem to use it to log in; it only wants me to reset my pin, which I can only do if I have internet, which I currently do not.Two questions: 1. what can I do to log in to my computer offline with my password instead of my pin

:)

BraveTern, May 20, 2022
  2. SarahKong Win User

Pin Reset

You can't reset a PIN from AD just a password.

So if the user forgets their PIN they would have to login with their AD password.

Then they would be able to reset their pin from their account settings once logged in again.

SarahKong, May 20, 2022
  3. Reset win10 login pin

Is it possible to reset the windows 10 login pin if you've forgotten what it was?

I managed to get it changed (after *much* trial and error), but it appears to require the old pin to change the pin -- even if you know the password. That's just weird. You should be able to reset the pin at any time if you have the full password.

shawnkhall, May 20, 2022
  4. Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...

How do you reset windows 10 log on pin password

Hi,

Thank you for posting the query on Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to try the steps provided below and check if it helps.

• Click on Sign-in options on the log on screen. Select Microsoft account.
    • Try logging in using Microsoft account and password.
    • Once you log into the system, try to change the PIN under accounts/sign-in page.
    • Select the Start
      Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I... [​IMG]
      button, then select
      Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options.
    • Try to reset the PIN.
    Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Kalpana Shankarappa, May 20, 2022
Thema:

Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...

1. Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I... - Similar Threads - Must reset PIN

2. Windows is requiring a PIN reset, which requires an internet connection, but none of the...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows is requiring a PIN reset, which requires an internet connection, but none of the...: My computer is plugged in via an ethernet connection that I have confirmed is working and connected to the internet. But Windows is not using it. I have also plugged in a wifi dongle, all that does it enable and disable the airplane mode button as in it controls if it may be...
  3. Windows is requiring a PIN reset, which requires an internet connection, but none of the...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows is requiring a PIN reset, which requires an internet connection, but none of the...: My computer is plugged in via an ethernet connection that I have confirmed is working and connected to the internet. But Windows is not using it. I have also plugged in a wifi dongle, all that does it enable and disable the airplane mode button as in it controls if it may be...
  4. Windows is requiring a PIN reset, which requires an internet connection, but none of the...

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...: Hi, recently my desktop broke down and I had to buy a new one. I put my hard drive from my old PC into the new one and I tried to sign in, but it told me that I had to reset my PIN to sign in. However, I'm unable to access any sort of internet because it's a new PC and I...
  6. I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...

I can't reset my PIN without internet but I can't connect to internet without signing in...: Hi, recently my desktop broke down and I had to buy a new one. I put my hard drive from my old PC into the new one and I tried to sign in, but it told me that I had to reset my PIN to sign in. However, I'm unable to access any sort of internet because it's a new PC and I...
  7. Can’t log in without pin and not able to reset it without internet access. I have no...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can’t log in without pin and not able to reset it without internet access. I have no...: I can’t log in to my laptop. It requires a pin and I’m not able to reset it without internet access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-without-pin-and-not-able-to-reset-it/97df30eb-b199-43bd-8b53-9947338cfbc7
  8. Can’t log in without pin and not able to reset it without internet access. I have no...

Can’t log in without pin and not able to reset it without internet access. I have no...: I can’t log in to my laptop. It requires a pin and I’m not able to reset it without internet access https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/cant-log-in-without-pin-and-not-able-to-reset-it/97df30eb-b199-43bd-8b53-9947338cfbc7
  9. Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...: I can't reset my pin without internet connection, but I can use my password to navigate the system commands.I have tried booting it in safe mode, I have tried unlocking the hidden administrator account, I have reset my PC twice, none of the standard solutions work, it only...
  10. Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...

Must reset PIN to log in, PIN reset requires internet connection which I am without, but I...: I can't reset my pin without internet connection, but I can use my password to navigate the system commands.I have tried booting it in safe mode, I have tried unlocking the hidden administrator account, I have reset my PC twice, none of the standard solutions work, it only...