Windows 10: Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account

Discus and support Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade to solve the problem; Hi, After a windows update build 1909 several setting were changed on my laptop. I've been able to use group policy to re-enable task manager and... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade' started by Nycchessmaster, Apr 21, 2020.

1. Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account

Hi,

After a windows update build 1909 several setting were changed on my laptop. I've been able to use group policy to re-enable task manager and using the shutdown/lock/log out buttons on the start menu. However, windows is insisting that I logout of all other user accounts before I log into a new one. The screen stated "Someone else is signed in on this device and must sign out before you can sign in".

When I configured my laptop, I created 5 accounts - a local admin, a local standard user, a networked admin, and a networked standard user. I generally use the local standard user so that if I were to get a virus, UAC would prevent most changes. But now, I can no longer switch between a standard and admin account while leaving the other account locked.

How can I fix this?

:)

Nycchessmaster, Apr 21, 2020
  2. engrbilal Win User

User Account not signing in

I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin).
    Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me again to the user login screen.

engrbilal, Apr 21, 2020
  3. Kumar Win User
    Can Create New User Account, but cannot sign in with that account.

I can create new user accounts from Windows Settings, see image.

But a review of regedit shows that no profile has been created for any of these new accounts, only for my original administrator account. See image.

When I try to sign as as any other user, I get the message saying The User Profile Service Failed the logon.

Using Windows 10 64 bit.
    Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account [​IMG]

Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account [​IMG]

Kumar, Apr 21, 2020
  4. Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account

sign in a user admin Microsoft account

Hello,

When you add an account on your PC in Windows, it will be a standard user account by default. As an initial troubleshooting step, we need to make sure if the changes you made is applied. Here's how to
    determine Account Type of users in User Accounts:

Note: You must be signed in as an administrator to be able do this option. You can use the same account you use to changed the account type of the other user account.

1. Open the Control Panel (icons view), and click/tap on the User Accounts icon.
    2. Click/tap on the Manage another account link.
    3. Look under the user name in each box with the user's account picture.
    • If you see Administrator under the user name, then the account is an administrator.
    • If you don't see Administrator under the user name, then the account is a standard user.

Let me know how it goes.

Melowin Mar, Apr 21, 2020
Thema:

Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account

1. Must sign out of other user accounts before I sign into a new user account - Similar Threads - Must sign user

2. User must change password before signing in

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    User must change password before signing in: I recently reset my laptop due to performance issues and now I’m getting a message that says user must change password before signing in I tried my Microsoft account password but it said it didn’t match I don’t know my password for my account because I’ve been using pin ever...
  3. User must change password before signing in

in Windows 10 Gaming
    User must change password before signing in: I recently reset my laptop due to performance issues and now I’m getting a message that says user must change password before signing in I tried my Microsoft account password but it said it didn’t match I don’t know my password for my account because I’ve been using pin ever...
  4. User must change password before signing in

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. the users password must be changed before signing in no password

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    the users password must be changed before signing in no password: https://imgur.com/a/KJjh6qB I'm currently encountering this problem However when i put a password of the email in order to change it it doesn't work submitted by /u/_mkrfs [link] [comments]...
  6. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hello, Recently I restored my pc through Dell's software. After the restore, every time I login I get the error: The User’s password must be changed before signing in.... I put in the same password and it's all good. Why is this happening? Windows 10 Version 1809 (OS...
  7. Sign in option is not there in user accounts

Sign in option is not there in user accounts: Hi I want to sign in using fingerprint into windows.But I cant find the sign in option.Is there any other way to fix this?? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-security/sign-in-option-is-not-there-in-user-accounts/8f610f11-3bfe-4c4e-9d38-f9985de1d75e"
  8. The User’s password must be changed before signing in....

The User’s password must be changed before signing in....: Hi, i am running windows 10 and have just had to delete and re-install my work email on 365 as my 6 monthly password needed changing and it kept saying I couldnt connect to the internet to change itfor some reason. Uninstalling and reinstalling it worked, but when I tried to...
  9. user accounts & signing in.

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    user accounts & signing in.: Belarc shows the following users on my refurbished Win10 desktop. [img] What is the defaultuser0 dated 1/22/2017 in the local user accounts section? --- That’s the date I turned on the computer for the first time. --- Where is it in my computer? Can I use it for...
  10. User Account not signing in

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    User Account not signing in: I have two user accounts on my PC. One local(password protected) and the other Outlook account(admin). Recently i am not able to sign-in to my local account, when i enter the user password, the welcome screen appears and after that signing-out screen appears and takes me...