Windows 10: Mute button delay

Discus and support Mute button delay in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; When I hit the mute button on my windows 10 laptop, there is a mute button delay when I hit the button. Is there any fix for this?... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by SHOWMICKZAMAN, Oct 28, 2020.

1. Mute button delay

When I hit the mute button on my windows 10 laptop, there is a mute button delay when I hit the button. Is there any fix for this?

:)

SHOWMICKZAMAN, Oct 28, 2020
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Mute Buttons sometimes doesn't work

Hi Coles,

Corrupted/outdated drivers or hardware issue may be the possible reason why your mute button is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest keyboard driver.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard.
    • Right-click on the Keyboard driver
      and select
      Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest keyboard driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the keyboard driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Oct 28, 2020
  3. Preston.w Win User
    Mute Button

so I have a gaming laptop and the button to mute sound is F1 which is very annoying cause I cant do anything else with it because its set as the mute button and a lot of games use that button a lot. is there a way I can change the key so that its not F1?
    also I have windows 10

Preston.w, Oct 28, 2020
  4. David Haz Win User

Mute button delay

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Oct 28, 2020
Thema:

Mute button delay

1. Mute button delay - Similar Threads - Mute button delay

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  4. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  5. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  6. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mute button not working: Hello, my Lenovo Thinkpad E580 mute button Fn + F1, doesn't work at all. I know it registers because, in the BIOS, it makes a sound when I press on it, however, it doesn't light up. In Windows, the button won't light up or do anything at all, so I know this is a software...
  7. mute button is not glowing

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    mute button is not glowing: my led light on mute button is not glowing can i know how can i set that https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-glowing/b7b8c28c-8493-4889-9b2f-6675469325cd
  8. Mute button is not lighting

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Mute button is not lighting: I am having a HP pc. I have updated it to the latest version. After that update, my mute button is working but the led is not working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-is-not-lighting/5e572a90-8a9d-4cd3-82a5-d114b587f63d
  9. Start button delay

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Start button delay: Hi all, just reporting an annoying issue, nothing critical, but most times when I click the Windows Start button there is a slight delay (1 to 2 seconds) in displaying the start screen menu, like it's not snappy. Any feedback on this? Thanks 136987
  10. mute button light

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mute button light: HI; with MS latest updates, about 2 days ago, my light for my mute button does not go on. It simply, 'went out'. Any idea how I get it back on. THANKS https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/mute-button-light/0226e152-45e2-404a-b986-480c49769418