Windows 10: Mute Button Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset

Discus and support Mute Button Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hi,The Mute button keep colored in red, i tryed to deactivate it but still in red, my microphone is no longer working, please helpthanks... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Saddam Saidi, Jun 15, 2021.

1. Mute Button Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset

Hi,The Mute button keep colored in red, i tryed to deactivate it but still in red, my microphone is no longer working, please helpthanks

:)

Saddam Saidi, Jun 15, 2021

2. LifeChat LX-3000 mute button does not work

I have recently received a LifeChat LX-3000 headset for work and it is super comfortable, however, I can't seem to get the mute button to actually mute. It lights up like it is muted, but it doesn't actually mute. Any ideas on how I can fix this?

DanananaBATMAN1, Jun 15, 2021
  3. Suman_B Win User
    LifeChat LX-3000 mute button does not work

Hi,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

I understand that you cannot mute LifeChat LX-3000,
    In order to get clarity and to assist you accordingly, we would need some information.

1. What is the version and
      build of you operating system? In the Search
      box, type winver to get this info.
    2. Are you aware of any changes made on computer before this issue occurred?
    3. May I know if you tested the issue by running a test recording?
    4. Is it working fine on a different computer?

I suggest you to try the following methods and check:

Method 1: Download the latest driver.

1. Download and install the setup/driver file for the

LifeChat LX-3000
      and install in Compatibility mode for Windows 10.
    2. Long press or right click the driver installation file and select
      Properties then tap or click the Compatibility tab.
    3. Check the option Run this program in
      compatibility mode.
    4. Tap or click the drop down box and select a previous operating system, then tap or click
      OK.
    5. Try installing the driver again.

Thanks,

Suman.B

Microsoft Community – Moderator

Suman_B, Jun 15, 2021
  4. Mute Button Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset

LifeChat LX-3000

Yeah and it looks like it is already selected anyway.

I did note that if you search for it at Microsoft it doesn't say it is compatible with Windows 10. They only offer driver software for Windows XP, Vista and 7. But I still would think a simple headset should work with a basic driver.

Anyway, see if this works. If you can make sure your LifeChat LX-3000 is plugged in first.

If you can Right Click your Start button and then choose Device Manager from the list.

In Device Manager, look for your LifeChat LX-3000. It might be under >Sound, video and game controllers or >Audio inputs and outputs. Click on the arrow > to expand the selection.

You should see your LifeChat LX-3000 in one of these areas.

When you locate it, Right Click it and then choose "Uninstall device" from the menu.

Make sure you also check the box next to "Delete the driver software for this device" if it's available and then click the Uninstall button.

Now, reboot your computer and your headset will get reinstalled on reboot.

Then check to see if your problem is resolved.

Smug Puppy, Jun 15, 2021
Thema:

Mute Button Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset

1. Mute Button Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 headset - Similar Threads - Mute Button Microsoft

2. My Microsoft LifeChat LX 3000 Keeps on Muting All Sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft LifeChat LX 3000 Keeps on Muting All Sounds: Hello, for some reason whenever I try to talk using my Microsoft LifeChat after a few minutes of it working perfectly, I am suddenly unable to hear anything at all, my songs, my meetings, my recordings all of it and I dont know why its happening. Could you please help me with...
  3. My Microsoft LifeChat LX 3000 Keeps on Muting All Sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My Microsoft LifeChat LX 3000 Keeps on Muting All Sounds: Hello, for some reason whenever I try to talk using my Microsoft LifeChat after a few minutes of it working perfectly, I am suddenly unable to hear anything at all, my songs, my meetings, my recordings all of it and I dont know why its happening. Could you please help me with...
  4. LifeChat LX-3000 Headset Not Working With Windows 10

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    LifeChat LX-3000 Headset Not Working With Windows 10: Hi The following was working until the last update, now it refuses to work and places the sound bar at mute. it works and connects on other PC's and laptops as i have tested it. I have deleted and uninstalled the driver connected and updated driver and it refuses to work....
  5. LifeChat LX-3000

LifeChat LX-3000: Hi, I am using a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000. The earphones are working but since we moved from windows7 to Windows10, the microphone is not working anymore. I have tried many things without success. You are my last help!!! I have tried the material back on an old...
  6. Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000

Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000: I am having trouble with volume I think. People can hear me, but if I try to leave a voice mail, it says "no response recorded". The volume in conversation is a little difficult at times....
  7. LifeChat LX-3000 Warranty

LifeChat LX-3000 Warranty: I purchased a Microsoft LifeChat LX-3000 on August 27, 2019 from a retailer through Amazon.com. The microphone has stopped functioning. I believe it is the connection leading from the headset to the in-line mute/ volume control. I believe this because I heard static if the...
  8. Microsoft headset lifechat lx-3000

Microsoft headset lifechat lx-3000: Hello! I bought a Microsoft headset lifechat lx-3000 about a year ago. It is a great headset, but I recently have been experiencing an issue. Out of nowhere, the sound quality and the microphone becomes bad, and I am unable to hear others well, such as when I am in a call....
  9. LifeChat LX-3000 mute button does not work

LifeChat LX-3000 mute button does not work: I have recently received a LifeChat LX-3000 headset for work and it is super comfortable, however, I can't seem to get the mute button to actually mute. It lights up like it is muted, but it doesn't actually mute. Any ideas on how I can fix this?...
  10. LifeChat LX-3000

LifeChat LX-3000: Hey, So... Having problems hearing game chat using LifeChat LX-3000 (Fortnite). I can hear it just fine with Plantronics, so I figured it must be a driver issue. I went on and downloaded the latest lifechat driver (1.4) from Microsoft site. Trying to run it, I get this...