Windows 10: Mute button not working

Discus and support Mute button not working in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by HuiHui Yap, Jul 2, 2022.

1. Mute button not working

I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED keyboard and does nothing. I've tried restarting, and doing all the research but nothing.

:)

HuiHui Yap, Jul 2, 2022
  2. Rose Cal Win User

Mute Buttons sometimes doesn't work

Hi Coles,

Corrupted/outdated drivers or hardware issue may be the possible reason why your mute button is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest keyboard driver.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard.
    • Right-click on the Keyboard driver
      and select
      Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest keyboard driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the keyboard driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Jul 2, 2022
  3. Mute button not working at all , no sound comes out.

Original Title: mute button working now

Mute button not working at all , no sound comes out.

HumphreyPetit, Jul 2, 2022
  4. srmrc Win User

Mute button not working

Thinkpad's mute button stopped working

Nope, the mute button still doesn't work for me.

srmrc, Jul 2, 2022
Thema:

Mute button not working

1. Mute button not working - Similar Threads - Mute button working

2. Mute button wont work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button wont work: So no matter how I google or search in my computers settings, I cant find anything that has fixed my issue. My mute is off and when I voice call someone they cant hear me at all- I have a HP windows 10, and it has a mute button that shows its turned off with a red little...
  3. Mute button wont work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont work: So no matter how I google or search in my computers settings, I cant find anything that has fixed my issue. My mute is off and when I voice call someone they cant hear me at all- I have a HP windows 10, and it has a mute button that shows its turned off with a red little...
  4. Mute button wont work

in Windows 10 Customization
  5. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  6. Mute button not working

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mute button not working: I have a Yoga Duet 7i Gen 6 13" Intel laptop. And my mute button on my keyboard suddenly stopped working.It used to have a pop-up thing that shows up on my screen, which indicates that it has enabled or disabled the mute.However, now the mute button only lights up the LED...
  7. keyboard mute/unmute button not working

keyboard mute/unmute button not working: I have looked around for answers on this topic but it always brings me to people who have mute buttons on their external device, I do not. I use the one built into my keyboard, but recently it has stopped working. when I hit the button it'll say "microphone on/off" but it...
  8. Mute button not working

Mute button not working: Hello, my Lenovo Thinkpad E580 mute button Fn + F1, doesn't work at all. I know it registers because, in the BIOS, it makes a sound when I press on it, however, it doesn't light up. In Windows, the button won't light up or do anything at all, so I know this is a software...
  9. Mute Button LED not working

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mute Button LED not working: For some odd reason my mute button's LED isn't working. It's not turning on to indicate if I'm on mute, and I remember a few months back that my LED would not turn off. Could someone recommend a way to fix this issue or bug or whatever? submitted by /u/yeeted_543 [link]...
  10. Mute button LED no longer working?

Mute button LED no longer working?: I installed the latest Windows updates and now the LED on my F6/Mute key doesn't work. The key functions just fine and it is NOT a hardware issue. Any help would be greatly appreciated....