Windows 10: Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...

Discus and support Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the... in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the volume to 0 will. If I'm playing audio in any app it continues... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/_Landmine_, Dec 2, 2020.

1. Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...

Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the volume to 0 will.

If I'm playing audio in any app it continues to play audio in my wired headphones no matter how I attempt to mute it. Control panel or keyboard button show the mute icon but the volume level stays the same.

submitted by /u/_Landmine_
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/_Landmine_, Dec 2, 2020

2. Volume Mute Light won´t change color

Before I follow your suggestions, a quick update: as the updating didn´t seem to work I stopped trying and just left it alone for awhile. About a half hour later I looked over and saw that the mute light was now blue. I tried the button but it and the volume buttons did not work at all. On the screen I was told that I needed to reboot, which I did and now the system has returned back to the way it was before: everything works except that the mute light does not change to blue as it should when the speakers are not muted. WTF?

mrsnakeman, Dec 2, 2020
  3. srmrc Win User
    Thinkpad's mute button stopped working

I have a T530 and after upgrading to windows 10 mute button stopped working. It's a hardware button located on the keyboard.

It used to mute all mics when pressed, but now it just does nothing. It does not mute my headset's mic. In fact, when I open Recording devices settings I can see that none of the connected microphones are muted - they all show green bars when I speak to
    them.

I installed all fresh Lenovo drivers related to audio but nothing seems to help.

Does anyone have any idea how to fix it?

srmrc, Dec 2, 2020
  4. smirk24 Win User

Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...

smirk24, Dec 2, 2020
Thema:

Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the...

1. Mute button on keyboard/Settings doesn't actually mute the audio. However adjusted the... - Similar Threads - Mute button keyboard

2. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Gaming
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  3. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    PC audio doesn't mute: Device: Microsoft Laptop StudioWindows 11All updates installedAll audio drivers and devices uninstalled and then installedLaptop rebooted couple of timesTried troubleshoot sound devices too vie windows and surface standard appsProblem:Can't mute device:F2 button change the...
  4. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  5. Mute button wont mute my audio

Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  6. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  7. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting: So I have a laptop and have had the same one for a while but just today for some reason the mute mic button next to the sound up button hasn't been working right. if it is working right, the light on the button is on if the mic is muted and off if the mic is on, but when I...
  8. Keyboard mute mic button not unmuting

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  9. keyboard mute/unmute button not working

keyboard mute/unmute button not working: I have looked around for answers on this topic but it always brings me to people who have mute buttons on their external device, I do not. I use the one built into my keyboard, but recently it has stopped working. when I hit the button it'll say "microphone on/off" but it...
  10. PC audio doesn't mute

PC audio doesn't mute: My PC's audio will not mute. Volume is controllable in the task bar, and will go up and down, but even if I click the toggle mute button, I still get audio at the same level. I checked all drivers for updates, and re-configured Realtek settings. Audio also does not mute if...