Windows 10: MUTE does not work

Discus and support MUTE does not work in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This problem happened this week- The sound does not mute- either via key board on on the screen with software Tried updating RealTek drivers, and a... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by libirm, Feb 22, 2020.

1. libirm Win User

MUTE does not work

This problem happened this week-

The sound does not mute- either via key board on on the screen with software

Tried updating RealTek drivers, and a few others things bit to no avail.

Any thoughts of a solution?

Thanks

PB

:)

libirm, Feb 22, 2020
  2. AL43915 Win User

Mute-Mute-Mute

Guess I am joining the party. Have tried everything. Its a one shot deal with the microphone. I can do one command to Cortana and I get muted. Skype, I last a few seconds. My two computers are the same, a new Lenovo laptop, and my Asus Kabby Lake gamer. No malware or viruses, drivers are all up to date. Tried every suggestion I have found across Internet. Nothing has worked for me. Microsoft, you folks need to fix this bug, I'd call you and leave a message but I keep getting muted.

AL43915, Feb 22, 2020
  3. Dia01 Win User
    Vista MCE mute not working

Has anyone encounterd the issue when trying to mute sound within Vista Media Center? What happens when I press mute, the volume scales down to zero and straight away scales back up to the original volume setting. This happens even when using the MCE keyboard, Logitech remote and disabling the Imon receiver? Any fixes or work arounds?

Dia01, Feb 22, 2020
  4. Rose Cal Win User

MUTE does not work

Mute Buttons sometimes doesn't work

Hi Coles,

Corrupted/outdated drivers or hardware issue may be the possible reason why your mute button is not working properly. To efficiently assist you, kindly answer the following questions below:

• Have you made any recent changes prior to this issue?
    • Have you tried updating your drivers?

In the meantime, I suggest you follow these methods to troubleshoot your laptop:

Method 1: Run Hardware and Devices Troubleshooter

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X and select Control Panel.
    • Change View by from Category to Small Icons/Large Icons.
    • Click on Troubleshooting.
    • Select Hardware and Devices and follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Go to the Manufacturer's website and download the latest keyboard driver.

Follow the steps below:

• Press Windows key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand the Keyboard.
    • Right-click on the Keyboard driver
      and select
      Uninstall.
    • Now, go to the Manufacturer's Website and download the latest keyboard driver.
    • Once the download is complete, run the setup file and install the keyboard driver software.
    • Restart the computer and check.

Let us know if you need further assistance.

Rose Cal, Feb 22, 2020
Thema:

MUTE does not work

1. MUTE does not work - Similar Threads - MUTE does

2. Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?: The Play/Pause button on my keyboard works fine with Spotify but when i'm listening to audio on the edge browser it just mutes it not stop it. Is there a way to fix this ?...
  3. Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Why does the Play/Pause button mute audio ?: The Play/Pause button on my keyboard works fine with Spotify but when i'm listening to audio on the edge browser it just mutes it not stop it. Is there a way to fix this ?...
  4. After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone

in Windows 10 Gaming
    After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone: My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T490sAfter upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone, not only this one many Fn+F functions not working, some are working like:Fn+F1 mute the speakersFn+F2 decrease sound levelFn+F3 increase sound levelFn+F5 increase...
  5. After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone

After upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone: My laptop is Lenovo Thinkpad T490sAfter upgrade to Windows 11, Fn+F4 Mute Hotkey does not mute microphone, not only this one many Fn+F functions not working, some are working like:Fn+F1 mute the speakersFn+F2 decrease sound levelFn+F3 increase sound levelFn+F5 increase...
  6. Why does my muted volume keep turning on?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Why does my muted volume keep turning on?: I use my computer on mute, on silent, most of the time. For some reason, the volume keep going up to around 70% which is loud for my device. I'm not sure what to do, since I already tried resetting my computer....
  7. Why does my muted volume keep turning on?

Why does my muted volume keep turning on?: I use my computer on mute, on silent, most of the time. For some reason, the volume keep going up to around 70% which is loud for my device. I'm not sure what to do, since I already tried resetting my computer....
  8. Muted audio video does not mute audio IN CLIPCHAMP!!! Can't select it in options below

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Muted audio video does not mute audio IN CLIPCHAMP!!! Can't select it in options below: When muting audio in video, audio does not mute it. Tried detaching audio and still does not mute the audio of the video. Does not have this problem with certain video file types. These are the file types it's not working with. H.265, 4K 30fps, 24mm, EIS, HQ+, 48KHz, 320kps...
  9. Muted audio video does not mute audio IN CLIPCHAMP!!! Can't select it in options below

Muted audio video does not mute audio IN CLIPCHAMP!!! Can't select it in options below: When muting audio in video, audio does not mute it. Tried detaching audio and still does not mute the audio of the video. Does not have this problem with certain video file types. These are the file types it's not working with. H.265, 4K 30fps, 24mm, EIS, HQ+, 48KHz, 320kps...
  10. Microsoft Jigsaw -- mute option does not work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Microsoft Jigsaw -- mute option does not work: I've been trying to find an answer to this for years. I always have Microsoft Jigsaw's music and sound effects turned off. And the game sound is also muted in my computer's volume settings. However, every time I win a game, a new game sound tab thingie opens up and I'm...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. microsoft lx-3000 instructions mute button