Windows 10: Mute Icon appears as a square

Discus and support Mute Icon appears as a square in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; Whenever I mute my PC, Instead of the mute icon, I see this square:Please help. Also, this started happening when I changed my Windows Explorer font... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by Techy_Guy, Nov 22, 2021.

1. Techy_Guy Win User

Mute Icon appears as a square

Whenever I mute my PC, Instead of the mute icon, I see this squareMute Icon appears as a square :please help. Also, this started happening when I changed my Windows Explorer font using Registry Editor.

:)

Techy_Guy, Nov 22, 2021

2. Icons appear as a white square

Hi

Have you been adding or removing any fonts on that system recently?

Those blank squares are usually shown as Symbol Fonts, you can see them in the Character Map.

Press the WinKey+R to display the Run dialog, type
    charmap and press OK. This will open the
    Character Map

Mute Icon appears as a square 087068f2-92c0-4343-bbea-235427639d5b.png

Press the down arrow at the top of the windows to display the
    Fonts list. Scroll down and select the Segoe UI Symbol font. Scroll down and take a look at some of those symbols. You will see these symbols being used extensively in Windows 8x and 10.

If any of these fonts are removed or replaced with a different font, you will see those blank squares.

Regards

Ronnie Vernon, Nov 22, 2021
  3. BeriiXD Win User
    Icons appear as a white square

Hello.

So I have this problem ,every icon or symbol appears like a square.

I can't identify them.

Every icon in any program appears like this white blank square and I can't solve it, I don't know where to search.

I hope you can help me

Mute Icon appears as a square 6afcb285-1cae-4a78-8105-dcadbd6d5384.png

Mute Icon appears as a square 62fe444a-653f-43c2-a753-eb4394ae5542.png

BeriiXD, Nov 22, 2021
  4. jrw46 Win User

Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

The suggestions about restarting the explorer.exe and running sfc didn't fix the problem. I don't think there is a
    corruped file becuase the mute switch worked fine until the day I upgraded from 7 to 10.

I ran a copy of Linux Live and the mute icon works fine, going back to win 10 the mute switch is always on regardless the postilion of the speaker mute key, the ICON is always on.

jrw46, Nov 22, 2021
Thema:

1. Mute Icon appears as a square - Similar Threads - Mute Icon appears

2. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Black squares appearing on screen: I've already asked for help on this and as someone suggested, I redownloaded and updated my graphics drivers, but that didn't help at all.Black squares keep appearing on my screen randomly and they dissappear almost immediately. It is very distracting and annoying....
  3. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Black squares appearing on screen: I've already asked for help on this and as someone suggested, I redownloaded and updated my graphics drivers, but that didn't help at all.Black squares keep appearing on my screen randomly and they dissappear almost immediately. It is very distracting and annoying....
  4. Black squares appearing on screen

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  5. System icons appearing as squares

in Windows 10 Gaming
    System icons appearing as squares: Hello, I'm writing here because I've tried everything, even a repair installation. Some system icons are appearing as squares:This is my Windows version: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-icons-appearing-as-squares/593c403c-b866-490d-afab-c6df97be9712
  6. System icons appearing as squares

System icons appearing as squares: Hello, I'm writing here because I've tried everything, even a repair installation. Some system icons are appearing as squares:This is my Windows version: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/system-icons-appearing-as-squares/593c403c-b866-490d-afab-c6df97be9712
  7. Mute Icon appears as a square

Mute Icon appears as a square: Whenever I mute my PC, Instead of the mute icon, I see this square:Please help. Also, this started happening when I changed my Windows Explorer font using Registry Editor....
  8. Square icons on Wifi Icons

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Square icons on Wifi Icons: Hello, I'm in build 2004 of Windows 10, I just upgraded my windows but when I tried to connect to wifi, there's a square icon overlaying the wifi icons, I tried to rebuild the icon cache and run sfc and dism commands but still the problem exist. Any help will be appreciated....
  9. Mute Icon

in Windows 10 Customization
    Mute Icon: Hey all, This morning on my system was a white speaker icon with an "X" in it and the word "MUTE". My mouse pointer just passes thru it. How do I get rid of it? I'm using WIN 10 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-icon/fe77352b-0574-4658-939e-f417ad81106f
  10. Speaker icon muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Speaker icon muted: Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/speaker-icon-muted/d4faa040-1f2f-4dd6-ab39-e1289624f6d0