Windows 10: Mute Icon

Discus and support Mute Icon in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Hey all, This morning on my system was a white speaker icon with an "X" in it and the word "MUTE". My mouse pointer just passes thru it. How do I get... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by adan12, Jan 1, 2019.

1. adan12 Win User

Mute Icon

Hey all, This morning on my system was a white speaker icon with an "X" in it and the word "MUTE". My mouse pointer just passes thru it. How do I get rid of it? I'm using WIN 10

:)

adan12, Jan 1, 2019
  2. jrw46 Win User

Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

The suggestions about restarting the explorer.exe and running sfc didn't fix the problem. I don't think there is a
    corruped file becuase the mute switch worked fine until the day I upgraded from 7 to 10.

I ran a copy of Linux Live and the mute icon works fine, going back to win 10 the mute switch is always on regardless the postilion of the speaker mute key, the ICON is always on.

jrw46, Jan 1, 2019
  3. xtln Win User
    Speaker icon muted

Speaker icon muted at top left corner on microsoft edge

xtln, Jan 1, 2019
  4. Mute Icon

Disable beep sound when plugging/unplugging laptop charger

I would suggest you to follow the steps and check if it helps.

Disable the PC Speakers and check if it helps.

• Right click on Sound Icon in the task bar and go to Playback devices.
    • Select Speaker and click on properties.
    • Go to Levels tab, and mute (or you can reduce it) PC Speaker and check if it helps.

Vanan Iyer, Jan 1, 2019
Thema:

Mute Icon

1. Mute Icon - Similar Threads - Mute Icon

2. How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?: How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-red-mute-microphone-icon/49b9fc83-ac42-4974-84d8-ebc2b497dfb9
  3. How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon?: How do I get rid of this red mute microphone icon? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/how-do-i-get-rid-of-this-red-mute-microphone-icon/49b9fc83-ac42-4974-84d8-ebc2b497dfb9
  4. How to hide mic mute icon

in Windows 10 Gaming
    How to hide mic mute icon: Does anybody know how to make this icon go away? This mic icon is always there at the top left when my mic is on mute. I always mute my mic when not in use so it's kinda annoying me that it does not go away....
  5. How to hide mic mute icon

How to hide mic mute icon: Does anybody know how to make this icon go away? This mic icon is always there at the top left when my mic is on mute. I always mute my mic when not in use so it's kinda annoying me that it does not go away....
  6. Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11

in Windows 10 News
    Volume icon shows Mute even when Sound is not on Windows 11: [ATTACH]The volume icon shows the status or levels of sound on your PC. When you mute the volume, the icon shows muted symbol with a cross mark beside it. When it is not muted, we see the Volume icon with levels beside it. Some users are seeing, the volume icon muted even if...
  7. Sound constantly toggles between mute and on -- volume icon covers my applications and...

Sound constantly toggles between mute and on -- volume icon covers my applications and...: My 1.5 year-old, Dell laptop computer was working fine until 2 months ago. Since that time, it has tormented me. I work from home and need to use Zoom.I have done a complete Windows reset twice. This time I did not reload any personal files and even waited a while just to...
  8. Sound constantly toggles between mute and on -- volume icon covers my applications and...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Sound constantly toggles between mute and on -- volume icon covers my applications and...: My 1.5 year-old, Dell laptop computer was working fine until 2 months ago. Since that time, it has tormented me. I work from home and need to use Zoom.I have done a complete Windows reset twice. This time I did not reload any personal files and even waited a while just to...
  9. Mute Icon appears as a square

Mute Icon appears as a square: Whenever I mute my PC, Instead of the mute icon, I see this square:Please help. Also, this started happening when I changed my Windows Explorer font using Registry Editor....
  10. Mute Icon appears as a square

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute Icon appears as a square: Whenever I mute my PC, Instead of the mute icon, I see this square:Please help. Also, this started happening when I changed my Windows Explorer font using Registry Editor....

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mute