Windows 10: Mute key does not work properly on windows 10

Discus and support Mute key does not work properly on windows 10 in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Whenever I press the mute key on windows 10 it shows the mute icon on the volume bar on the top left, but I can still hear sound. I can turn the sound... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by OwenBowen222, Dec 27, 2019.

1. Mute key does not work properly on windows 10

Whenever I press the mute key on windows 10 it shows the mute icon on the volume bar on the top left, but I can still hear sound. I can turn the sound off by reducing it all the way and I can't hear anything, but the actual mute feature does not work. I am on a custom built PC and have tried driver restarts, driver updates, windows updates, yet it still doesn't work.

:)

OwenBowen222, Dec 27, 2019

2. Installing Windows 10 using Windows 7 key

Nope, you need to install Windows 10 first and make sure the Windows 7 key is transferred to your Windows account after you've installed Windows 10 (not quite sure how that works). I missed the last step and I could not activate Windows 10 after a re-install... Microsoft seem to have done everything they can to make it a PITA. Also, it's technically too late to do this now anyhow, as the upgrade offer has expired. But KMSPico works quite well...

As for getting rid of Windows, delete the Windows folder.

TheLostSwede, Dec 27, 2019
  3. jrw46 Win User
    Speaker MUTE Key and ICON

The suggestions about restarting the explorer.exe and running sfc didn't fix the problem. I don't think there is a
    corruped file becuase the mute switch worked fine until the day I upgraded from 7 to 10.

I ran a copy of Linux Live and the mute icon works fine, going back to win 10 the mute switch is always on regardless the postilion of the speaker mute key, the ICON is always on.

jrw46, Dec 27, 2019
  4. Mute key does not work properly on windows 10

windows 10 key

Thanks but I don't want to do any decrypting. I want to download a Win 10 ISO from Microsoft and install it using my Win 8 key. No other steps required. Is that possible?

Easy Rhino, Dec 27, 2019
Thema:

Mute key does not work properly on windows 10

1. Mute key does not work properly on windows 10 - Similar Threads - Mute key does

2. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  3. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Keys and key shortcuts not working properly: I am using windows 10, and since the last update, the x and z key aren`t working properly. i can only press them when i am pressing another key simultaneously. also every time i try to use ctrl+c and ctrl+v, it does not always work, needing me to press a couple of times for...
  4. Keys and key shortcuts not working properly

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Light of mute button not working though functioning properly

Light of mute button not working though functioning properly: Since yesterday, the light of the mute button isn't working though it is functioning properly. I checked all the related drivers and they are up-to-date. Pls help...
  6. Keys not working properly

Keys not working properly: I have hp envy x360 convertible, but few \keys are not wor\king properly. whenever I press "k" I get "\k" and long press results in "\kkkkkkkkkkkkk" and on pressing "k" with shift for capital letter I get "K" and long press with shift results in "K" same is the case with...
  7. Tab key does not work properly

Tab key does not work properly: Every time I press the tab key and wait 5 seconds, the screen always "freaks out" the same way. When i hit tab, it opens random things and it always writes "wtfd" in the text field. it also rolls down the screen. This problem lasts about 10 seconds in total. the problem may...
  8. Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working

Volume/mute keys on keyboard not working: The volume and mute keys on my keyboard are not working. However, I know it's not the keys themselves that are broken, because the F1-F3 functions work perfectly fine. The interesting thing is that they work when I have the command prompt running as an administrator and I'm...
  9. MUTE does not work

MUTE does not work: This problem happened this week- The sound does not mute- either via key board on on the screen with software Tried updating RealTek drivers, and a few others things bit to no avail. Any thoughts of a solution? Thanks PB...
  10. keys not work properly

in Windows 10 Gaming
    keys not work properly: why my volume rockers buttons and brightness buttons doesn't work in my dell inspiron 8gen. windows 10 laptop https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keys-not-work-properly/ca70ed83-d65f-46a0-bd2e-5357b081c2a6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. mute key in windows 10 not working