Windows 10: mute sound of adverts

Discus and support mute sound of adverts in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; I cannot mute the sound when advertisements are playing on Solitaire. Is it a normal thing? If not, can I mute it in some way or I have to uninstall... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by KarenAndersonn, Jan 10, 2019.

1. mute sound of adverts

I cannot mute the sound when advertisements are playing on Solitaire. Is it a normal thing? If not, can I mute it in some way or I have to uninstall the game?

:)

KarenAndersonn, Jan 10, 2019
  2. alexp999 Win User

Adverts with sound

I think its better for w1zz to blacklist them tho. For people who arent members it could well be off putting to have annoying windows error sound repeating from an advert on the site.

alexp999, Jan 10, 2019
  3. tallguy Win User
    Sound won't come back after muting

Problem:

Plugging headphones (Sound plays) -> Muting -> Unmuting -> Sound doesn't play anymore

Fix (No restart required)

Sound doesn't play -> Mute (with headphones in) -> Unplug headphones ->Unmute (with headphones out) -> Mute (with headphones out) -> Plug headphones -> Unmute (with headphones in).

This is the shortest pattern I could find. Important to follow step by step. It might not work because I have no idea why it works on my end (without starting conspiracy theories about boolean variables being out of sync on the audio driver, which would be the most embarassing thing ever for whoever wrote these drivers).

tallguy, Jan 10, 2019
  4. alexp999 Win User

mute sound of adverts

Adverts with sound

Any chance the adverts with sound can be blocked, this advert is extremely annoying.

Especially while I'm trying to type up an article.

mute sound of adverts Untitled.png

It just keeps making random error sounds, and its different each time *Mad mute sound of adverts :mad:

Had to turn my speakers off while typing my last article!

alexp999, Jan 10, 2019
Thema:

mute sound of adverts

1. mute sound of adverts - Similar Threads - mute sound adverts

2. pc sound is muted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc sound is muted: Split from this thread.my pc sound muted. i wanted to solve this but i can do solve the audio sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sound-is-muted/1030afc4-bc32-4eaf-8dfd-e54dba79cd64
  3. pc sound is muted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc sound is muted: Split from this thread.my pc sound muted. i wanted to solve this but i can do solve the audio sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sound-is-muted/1030afc4-bc32-4eaf-8dfd-e54dba79cd64
  4. Sound is 100% or muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is 100% or muted: Hello, this started today. I muted my sound and when I went to reactivate it and it didn't respond. Tried doing it with my keyboard, with the speaker icon on the bottom bar, and finally through the sound settings, with no impact. So I restarted the computer. The soundbar went...
  5. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  6. Adverts

Adverts: I have paid to remove ads, although they are not showing in games they are still appearing when I open the Internet home page. I was under the impression they would not appear, I'm sure when I paid it said no ads everywhere!...
  7. Sound works but is muted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound works but is muted: I can raise volume, but the PC mutes it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-works-but-is-muted/8da6ba76-f8e3-4215-a0f0-89bc76ef4dc3
  8. mute the sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  9. sound level of adverts

sound level of adverts: Why is it that those adverts MS is pushing have such high volume levels? Or is that just another devious way to try to get people pay for what always has been a free game.... I have adjusted the sound levels of my games, programmes etc so that they are just like I want them...
  10. Adverts

in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security
    Adverts: I am using the latest version of Windows 10 and I think that the antivirus is Windows Defender. I am not using AVG or any other antivirus. My problem at the moment is that I am bombarded by adverts constantly and it is driving me nuts! I have spotted that there are a...