Windows 10: muted app has sound

Discus and support muted app has sound in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; Store app is muted in volume mixer. Ad appears in that app and there is a sound in it. There is no way to mute it nor decrease sound volume. And of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by RaleDjurdan, Dec 11, 2019.

1. muted app has sound

Store app is muted in volume mixer. Ad appears in that app and there is a sound in it. There is no way to mute it nor decrease sound volume. And of course, there is no way to block that ad. This problem is not only annoying, it forces you to turn the sound off, or stop using certain apps.

:)

RaleDjurdan, Dec 11, 2019
  2. tallguy Win User

Sound won't come back after muting

Problem:

Plugging headphones (Sound plays) -> Muting -> Unmuting -> Sound doesn't play anymore

Fix (No restart required)

Sound doesn't play -> Mute (with headphones in) -> Unplug headphones ->Unmute (with headphones out) -> Mute (with headphones out) -> Plug headphones -> Unmute (with headphones in).

This is the shortest pattern I could find. Important to follow step by step. It might not work because I have no idea why it works on my end (without starting conspiracy theories about boolean variables being out of sync on the audio driver, which would be the most embarassing thing ever for whoever wrote these drivers).

tallguy, Dec 11, 2019
  3. Tendows Win User
    Volume Mixer not showing muted app

The application was muted on Windows 10 with November update. Now I am using Anniversary update, on build 14393.10

The initial step did not help make Banished show up in the Volume Mixer, nor did the article.

Tendows, Dec 11, 2019
  4. Junaid_A Win User

muted app has sound

Muted mic picking up sound in game

Hi JonPaul,

Thank you for writing to Microsoft Community Forums.

The issue could be because of the internal mic picking up sound even when the external device is pluuged in. If you have the RealTek HD Audi Manager installed on the machine, I would suggest you to try the steps listed below and check if it works for
    you.

• Open RealTek HD Audio Manager and go to the
      Advanced tab.
    • Check the boxes Separate all input jacks as independent input devices
      and Mute the internal output device, when external headphone is plugged in,
      and hit OK.
    • Exit RealTek HD Audio Manager, restart the machine and see if the issue persists.

Regards,

Junaid_A, Dec 11, 2019
Thema:

muted app has sound

1. muted app has sound - Similar Threads - muted app has

2. pc sound is muted

in Windows 10 Gaming
    pc sound is muted: Split from this thread.my pc sound muted. i wanted to solve this but i can do solve the audio sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sound-is-muted/1030afc4-bc32-4eaf-8dfd-e54dba79cd64
  3. pc sound is muted

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    pc sound is muted: Split from this thread.my pc sound muted. i wanted to solve this but i can do solve the audio sound https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/pc-sound-is-muted/1030afc4-bc32-4eaf-8dfd-e54dba79cd64
  4. Sound is 100% or muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Sound is 100% or muted: Hello, this started today. I muted my sound and when I went to reactivate it and it didn't respond. Tried doing it with my keyboard, with the speaker icon on the bottom bar, and finally through the sound settings, with no impact. So I restarted the computer. The soundbar went...
  5. Microphone mutes sound

in Windows 10 Customization
    Microphone mutes sound: This has been happening as long as I can remember but only recently has it been a problem.I use a headset with a built in microphone and whenever an application activates the microphone it mutes any sound from other applications and most of the time the sound from the...
  6. Sounds muted and apps with sound crashing

Sounds muted and apps with sound crashing: Hello, I have almost new Lenovo ThinkPad T490 Type 20N2, with all updates and drivers up to date. All of a sudden the laptop stopped making any sounds, system startup sound is not working, anything else as well. This is happening even with plugged in headphones to 3,5 mm...
  7. Sound works but is muted

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Sound works but is muted: I can raise volume, but the PC mutes it https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sound-works-but-is-muted/8da6ba76-f8e3-4215-a0f0-89bc76ef4dc3
  8. mute the sound

mute the sound: Previously I would click on the speaker in the task bar and be able to mute or unmute the sound. This is no longer working and I can't seem to change it in the settings. Any advice...
  9. mute sound of adverts

mute sound of adverts: I cannot mute the sound when advertisements are playing on Solitaire. Is it a normal thing? If not, can I mute it in some way or I have to uninstall the game? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-sound-of-adverts/3291f13a-ca65-4ac5-850c-dfcf3ff15644
  10. Sound muted at startup

Sound muted at startup: Since I installed Windows 10, whenever I start my laptop the sound is muted by default. It doesn't happen with a restart, only when starting after a shut down. Does anyone know how to fix this? I know it's a first world problem, but it's annoying. 32520

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 0xa00f429d microphone muted lenovo