Windows 10: Muted Audio Drivers

Discus and support Muted Audio Drivers in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by CarlBarnett2, Apr 27, 2020.

1. Muted Audio Drivers

I don't know if this will help or not but I was having the problem of my audio driver's would not unmute.If you are running Multiplicity or some other audio sharing software disable it! Some situations might be the same but this solved my problem. I hope this helps!

:)

CarlBarnett2, Apr 27, 2020
  2. David Haz Win User

Volume goes to zero and mute.

Hi William,

If the volume of your computer automatically mutes, it could be that the audio drivers are corrupted or damaged, or that there are software conflicts occurring within the system. As a first troubleshooting step, we suggest that you run the audio troubleshooter
    and lets Windows find and automatically resolve problems with your audio. Here's how to run the audio troubleshooter:

• Select the Start button, then type troubleshoot, and select
      Troubleshoot from the list of results. From there, select
      Playing Audio
      > Run the troubleshooter.

If the troubleshooter does not help resolve the problem with your volume settings, we suggest that you check Device Manager and update your sound card drivers. Updating would replace any corrupted or damaged components of the audio driver. Here's how to
    update your audio drivers through Device Manager:

• Open the Start button, then type device manager, and select
      Device Manager from the search results.
    • Under Sound, video and game controllers, right-click your sound card driver, then select
      Update Driver.
    • Select Search automatically search for updated driver software.
    If Windows doesn't find a new driver, you may look for one on the device manufacturer's website and follow their instructions on how to install their driver.

If the above steps doesn't resolve the problem, feel free to post back to us.

David Haz, Apr 27, 2020
  3. Audio sound mute and un-mutes.

Hello,

Please provide us more information to help you further:

• How long have you been experiencing this problem?
    • Have you made any recent changes to the computer?
    • Have you updated the audio drivers?

I suggest you to follow the methods below and check if it helps:

Method 1:

I suggest you to run the Audio troubleshooter and check if it helps.

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab03

Method 2:

If the issue persists, then try to uninstall and re-install the audio driver.

• Press Windows Logo Key+X. Click On
      Device Manager
    • In the list of hardware categories, look for the device that you want to update, and then right-click on it to
      Uninstall.
    • Follow onscreen instructions to uninstall it.
    • To re-install, either you can restart the system or install the driver from the manufacturer’s website (recommended as they will have updated drivers).
    For reference:

Try all the steps provided in the link below and check if it helps.

Fix sound problems:

http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10/fix-sound-problems#v1h=tab01

Hope this helps in resolving the issue. If the issue persists, do get back to us. We will be happy to assist you.

Anju Thekkethil, Apr 27, 2020
  4. Muted Audio Drivers

Dolby Audio driver

Hi Joseph,

Thank you for posting in Microsoft Community and being a part of Windows 10.

Do let us know the following to assist you better with this issue:

• What is the complete error message of this issue?
    • When are you facing this issue with the drivers?
    • Have you installed all the latest drivers from the manufacturer's website for current operating system?

I suggest you to uninstall the existing Audio drivers, download the latest drivers for your device and check if it helps.

Step 1: Uninstall the Audio driver.

Steps:

• Press Windows + X keys from the keyboard, click on Device Manager.
    • Expand Audio inputs and outputs, right click on the driver and click on
      Uninstall.

Step 2: I suggest you to manually install the latest audio drivers and check.

Download the latest drivers from: Lenovo Support for g500

Select the driver and operating system to download.

Refer to the article by Andre Da Costa to install the latest driver:

How to: Install and Update drivers in Windows 10

Hope it helps. Get back to us with the required information and updated status of this issue for further assistance.

Deepika Gowda, Apr 27, 2020
Thema:

Muted Audio Drivers

1. Muted Audio Drivers - Similar Threads - Muted Audio Drivers

2. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  3. Mute button wont mute my audio

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mute button wont mute my audio: On youtube or spotify i click my mute button which is f1 but it takes me microsoft support and i tried turning off function lock but nothing is working https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mute-button-wont-mute-my-audio/50f68b49-dafe-4bf6-afba-89d2e546196d
  4. My audio is muted?

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    My audio is muted?: It looks like the audio of my pc is muted at the bottom. Over the volume symbol it has a red "x" But whenever i try to unmute it it just troubleshoots the problem. the lady then says its muted and that she unmuted it but when i go to click on it again, it just troubleshoots...
  5. Firefox - audio mute - warning

in Browsers and Email
    Firefox - audio mute - warning: Hi folks just a warning that it's easy to mute audio on Firefox quite by accident -- unmuting in the video doesn't work. Not sure what key combos I pressed -- trouble of course when working with different language keyboard layouts simultaneously. The ony way I could unmute...
  6. PC audio doesn't mute

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    PC audio doesn't mute: My PC's audio will not mute. Volume is controllable in the task bar, and will go up and down, but even if I click the toggle mute button, I still get audio at the same level. I checked all drivers for updates, and re-configured Realtek settings. Audio also does not mute if...
  7. Audio Device Always muted

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Audio Device Always muted: Audio Device Always muted and unable to unmute. And Volume bar is always staying on the deskt[ATTACH]op. Please refer the attach image https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-device-always-muted/c1a0c242-6ee3-455a-8b32-19aa09471a3b
  8. Skype mutes all Audio

in Windows 10 Customization
    Skype mutes all Audio: Hello there, If i use Skype with my Bluetooth headset it mutes all other Audio. I already selected Do nothing in the Communications Tab. Reinstalled Skype and my Audio Drivers as supposed in ohter Solutions. Still the Problem persists. My skype Version is 8.63.0.76....
  9. Audios is completely muted

in Windows 10 Customization
    Audios is completely muted: Just as about to browse on the internet and watch Twitch and some stuff, I hear nothing with audios and it's dead silence. I thought I have to put mute on, but I hear nothing the rest of it. I have to try to fix it such as put automatic Window Audios, Plug and Play and...
  10. Audio muting itself

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Audio muting itself: Does anyone know what might cause the audio to mute itself . Ive seen the behavior on a couple of different machines now, mainly HP Probook laptops. It seems to happen most often during Zoom meetings while talking the microphone and speakers randomly mute. Ive tried the...