Windows 10: Muted mic picking up sound in game

Discus and support Muted mic picking up sound in game in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; My mic picks up sound even muted. Nothing I've tried has fixed this. Push to talk works but I use a controller so voice activation is my best option. I... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by JonPaul Moore, May 23, 2019.

1. Muted mic picking up sound in game

My mic picks up sound even muted. Nothing I've tried has fixed this. Push to talk works but I use a controller so voice activation is my best option. I set all options to push to talk except game options. I have this problem across games. Any suggestions??

:)

JonPaul Moore, May 23, 2019

2. Mic not picking up sound!!!

Hi, i'm using windows ten and my usb mic is not picking up sound Muted mic picking up sound in game :(. The computer is picking up the mic itself but not any sound from the mic. I see the mic in my recording devices but the sound bar on the side is not showing activity when I speak into the
    mic. In sound device properties, in events it says: Device USB\VID_0D8C&PID_0139&MI_00\6&3077f717&0&0000 requires further installation.

So that might be part of the problem. Anyone know how to fix this?

#WilliamBates, May 23, 2019
  3. RyleeC Win User
    Windows 10 game dvr not picking up my mic but its picking up my friends mic.

i seemed to find a way to fix it. if i do windows+alt+m it will mute the dvr mic thing then i unmute it and it seems to pick up my mic. thanks for the quick responses.

RyleeC, May 23, 2019
  4. Muted mic picking up sound in game

External Mic (TECKNET 7.1 GAMING HEADSET) Problems

Hi Lyall,

For us to properly isolate the issue with your Mic that is automatically set to mute, we would like to know the following:

• Were there any changes made on your computer prior to the issue (e.g., updates, software installation)?
    • When did the issue first begin?
    • To make sure that we have not missed on anything, what troubleshooting steps have you done so far?

This issue might occur due to a sound card issue. As an initial troubleshooting, we suggest that you try updating your sound card driver to resolve it.

We look forward to your response.

Michael Gall, May 23, 2019
Thema:

Muted mic picking up sound in game

1. Muted mic picking up sound in game - Similar Threads - Muted mic picking

2. Headset mic is picking up application sounds

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Headset mic is picking up application sounds: my arctis 1 wireless is picking up my application noises when i plug it into the two audio ports in the back of my pc or just in general I have an adaptor for logitech headphones that ive used with other headsets that worked fine but this particular headset plays back all...
  3. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  4. Mic picking up desktop sounds

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Mic picking up desktop sounds: Recently after the windows 11 update, my mic has been picking up my desktop sound. My YouTube, zoom Spotify could be heard. I have already updated my Realtek drivers. I also have made sure the "listen to this device" is not checked. I have a Cloud Stinger Core headset. If you...
  5. Game bar not picking up audio after muting mic

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Game bar not picking up audio after muting mic: The party feature works fine but whenever i want to mute and then after a couple mins unmute no matter what i do it will not pick up my mike again the only way to pick it up again is to restart my pc or terminate the game bar app.i have checked using discord and the sound...
  6. Game bar not picking up audio after muting mic

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Game bar not picking up audio after muting mic: The party feature works fine but whenever i want to mute and then after a couple mins unmute no matter what i do it will not pick up my mike again the only way to pick it up again is to restart my pc or terminate the game bar app.i have checked using discord and the sound...
  7. Sound system and mic system not picking up.

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Sound system and mic system not picking up.: It all started when I got my new computer and connected my headphones and for some reason my mic didn't work. So hours after trying to figure this out I restart it and what do you know the audio didn't work either. All help would be supportive, thanks! submitted by...
  8. Mic isn't picking up sound

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Mic isn't picking up sound: Hello, I've recently received an Alienware computer, at first I had a problem with it not finding my headset microphone. After troubleshooting and help I got it to find my microphone on the headset. However, it is not picking up any sound at all....
  9. Mic is picking up all gameplay sounds

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Mic is picking up all gameplay sounds: This just started happening recently. For example, if I pull up youtube on my second monitor, everyone in my fortnite party can hear it. Also, they hear all of my gameplay. This was not happening before. What should I do to fix this? (My headset is the HyperX Cloudstinger, if...
  10. mic wont pick up sound

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    mic wont pick up sound: ok so I just updated my windows 10 and now my mic wont pick up any sound what so ever. Plz help https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/mic-wont-pick-up-sound/db52c409-4273-4e22-abe6-53c8a3bc4c75

Users found this page by searching for:

1. what is the game picking up if mics are muted

2. microphone picks up system sounds even when mic is muted