Windows 10: Muting left/right channel

Discus and support Muting left/right channel in Windows 10 Software and Apps to solve the problem; Hi, I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Software and Apps' started by Hari Pandian, Jul 4, 2016.

1. Muting left/right channel

Hi,

I am developing an application which requires me to mute left/right individually while listening to continuous audio output via headphone/earphone. I have tried the following options in windows 7, 8,8.1,10 laptops,

- Adjusting the balance levels in playback device settings - My playback device is speaker, i tried adjusting the levels by keeping Left channel to zero and listening to right, i can still hear some sound in my left earphone. (try this with some continuous music)

- Disabling all enhancements, updating audio driver, used a TRS earphone instead of TRRS - Still hearing some sound.

- Tried with apps like VLC Player, Volumouse (Nirsoft), Volume2 etc. - None of them work.

-Downgraded my audio driver to older vista version - Reverts back to new one

Is there any means to actually do this or is it a windows restriction which does not allow you to do this.

Any help guys.!

:)

Hari Pandian, Jul 4, 2016
  2. santoshns Win User

CK-20w radio mute in stereo mode

I think I have two options:

1. Simpler option is to live with Nokia speaker in addition to AUX-IN connection to car radio.

2. Use some speaker to line level converter for the mono output and then put a relay to choose mono or stereo output of the kit based on mute signal. This will need some effort, but one can get rid of Nokia speaker and may be better voice quality through
    car speakers.

However, in either case, it is going to be a problem if kit sends mute signal for A2DP music streaming or it does NOT send it for GPS instructions:smileytongue:. When mute is active, my radio has options to either ignore it, mute, play left channel or play
    right channel, but does not have any option to play both channels of AUX-IN! I wish it had the last option too:smileyhappy:.

santoshns, Jul 4, 2016
  3. SigmaEcho Win User
    Is there a way to force mono audio to play in stereo and not through the center speaker?

Windows 10 now sends mono sound through the center channel. Is there a way to set it to go back to the old way of playing mono sources through the left and right stereo channels? I have the Logitech X-530 5.1 surround sound speakers, and when you use the
    headphone jack, it only converts the stereo channels, so anything playing in mono is now muted while using headphones.

My Soundblaster Audigy 2 zs pro has a headphone jack that will properly convert everything, but there is a serious bug with the Win10 drivers in that once you unplug, it breaks the 5.1 system, disabling all but the stereo channels.

SigmaEcho, Jul 4, 2016
Thema:

Muting left/right channel

1. Muting left/right channel - Similar Threads - Muting left right

2. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  3. Left is right, right is left

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Left is right, right is left: I want to switch the monitors so my single-screen taskbar is on the left monitor, not on the right. I tried using settings, switching cables, etc., without success. I'm sure that there's something simple that I'm missing....
  4. Windows 11, Headphones Left channel and Right channel cannot be independently controlled

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Windows 11, Headphones Left channel and Right channel cannot be independently controlled: Using Sony WH-1000XM3's connected via BluetoothBluetooth Core Specification 5.2, via What Bluetooth version is on my PC? microsoft.comOriginally I was having trouble getting stereo sounds on the headphones working at all they worked perfectly in Windows 10, but they magically...
  5. Windows 11, Headphones Left channel and Right channel cannot be independently controlled

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Windows 11, Headphones Left channel and Right channel cannot be independently controlled: Using Sony WH-1000XM3's connected via BluetoothBluetooth Core Specification 5.2, via What Bluetooth version is on my PC? microsoft.comOriginally I was having trouble getting stereo sounds on the headphones working at all they worked perfectly in Windows 10, but they magically...
  6. Any ways to swap the left and right audio channel?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Any ways to swap the left and right audio channel?: Due to the current set up, my left speaker is on my right and vice versa, is there any ways I can swap them, it's annoying when watching video/playing gaming. I also tried APO equalizer, but with the latest updates of windows 10 it no longer works. Any other solutions?...
  7. Can you swap left and right audio channels?

Can you swap left and right audio channels?: [ATTACH] So when watching movies I move my speakers behind my sofa and my left speaker cable is the only one with enough cable length to get it to the right side of sofa. So is there a way I can swap left and right audio channels so I get the sounds right when watching...
  8. Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?

Why the left and right channels swapped as if by default?: I had this issue with many PCs I had and again with my brand new one. How do I know? I play sound tests and I noticed it listening to music and when playing video games. This is not the case using BT, then it is something with gigabyte motherboards or windows. I checked...
  9. How to swap left and right audio channels

in Windows 10 Customization
    How to swap left and right audio channels: My headset swaps the left and right audio channels. I used Equalizer APO previously but I had to reinstall Realtek due to some issues. When I tried doing the same fix again after reinstalling, it no longer works. Are there any other ways to swap the channels? Why doesn't...
  10. [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    [Audio] Stereo left and right channels switched ?: What I hear from my left headphone I hear from the right one and vice-versa. This only happens from the audio of the Realtek sound card integrated into my motherboard. The issue is NOT present when I switch audio to the TV I have connected trough HDMI to my NVIDIA video card....