Windows 10: Mutliple Screens

Discus and support Mutliple Screens in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; Hello, This is a long known issue with Windows as I found a few topics about it 7 years old but, I wonder why it haven't been solved yet... anyway... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by François Houlbrèque, Apr 16, 2020.

1. Mutliple Screens

Hello,

This is a long known issue with Windows as I found a few topics about it 7 years old but, I wonder why it haven't been solved yet... anyway here's the issue:

- Both my Samsung QLED screens are the same model and connected through DisplayPort to my MSI GeForce GTX 1080.

- When my screens goes to stand-by mode, everything is going nicely.

- When "waking" the screens up, I get the "unplugged device" sound then the "device plugged in" sound immediately after

- As a result, my desktop get scrambled as all the windows are moved to the main screen.

I tried many thing, up to removing all drivers and forbidding Windows to install WU version, unplugging both my screens, computer shut down and waiting 5 minutes to plug them back in after a complete display registry clean-up. Still the same...

Which I find strange is on an almost similar setup on the second computer in the house, with a MSI GTX 1680 this time, but with the same screen models connected in the same way DisplayPort, the issue isn't present.

Do you have any clue how I can solve this?

Thanks.

:)

François Houlbrèque, Apr 16, 2020
  2. Sasqui Win User

Overclocking / Undervolting guide for Vega 56 or 64?

Here's a quick laundry list:

List of software to use for overclocking and testing
    Examples:
    Wattman (and how to find and use it, like an overview, including profiles)
    Unigine Valley or Heaven (use this for quick testing while changing settings in Wattman and checking for stability / artifacts) ...just suggesting this
    How to monitor cores / mem speeds and temps during testing (I've seen screen overlays, and others using GPUz)

Step-by step overclocking in Wattman
    Fan speeds
    Power limit
    Temp limit
    Voltages
    Core speeds
    Memory speeds

Sasqui, Apr 16, 2020
  3. Laptop with broken screen How much?

I would like suggestions and look in local stores. I dont wanna buy a laptop from someone online. Sorry. But could be a good idea if you asked him about the performance on older games. Gonna make a list ofall laptops people suggest me.

Remove the screen for space purpose here its small desk and if the screen is opened it will hide my 22 inches lcd

Eric_On_Web, Apr 16, 2020
  4. Mutliple Screens

PC Build Steps

Ok just because I like steps i am going to create some steps. Please give me the stamp of approval/disapproval
    • Install system in case
      • Remember to connect SSD and optical to same SATA ports on motherboard
    • Turn on PC
    • setup HDD
    • run blend test in prime95 for 30-60 min
      • run realtemp at the same time
    • While in Prime95 test
      • if CPU goes above 70c in RealTemp, I have a leaky CPU
      • if my system locks up or blue screens, there is an instability in the system somewhere
      • if my system does not lock up or blue screen, my CPU is not damaged and I am in the clear!
    What do you guys think??

anandsap123, Apr 16, 2020
Thema:

Mutliple Screens

1. Mutliple Screens - Similar Threads - Mutliple Screens

2. My task bar is partially hidden when using mutliple displays

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My task bar is partially hidden when using mutliple displays: HiMy task bar is partially hidden when using multiple displays surface pro laptop screen and additonal monitor. I have used several different monitors and the same thing happens. There is also a space between the window e.g. chrome browser, powerpoint window, etc. and the...
  3. My task bar is partially hidden when using mutliple displays

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My task bar is partially hidden when using mutliple displays: HiMy task bar is partially hidden when using multiple displays surface pro laptop screen and additonal monitor. I have used several different monitors and the same thing happens. There is also a space between the window e.g. chrome browser, powerpoint window, etc. and the...
  4. My issue is with mutliple blue screen where it resets. Here are the last two Blue Screen...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My issue is with mutliple blue screen where it resets. Here are the last two Blue Screen...: Once or twice a day the system blue screens and provides minidumps. Its not clear in Event Viewer what is actually causing these issues. Those files for Application and System are also attached with links to Dropbox. Thank you.1/7/2024 9:52:03 AM Fault bucket , type 0 Event...
  5. My issue is with mutliple blue screen where it resets. Here are the last two Blue Screen...

My issue is with mutliple blue screen where it resets. Here are the last two Blue Screen...: Once or twice a day the system blue screens and provides minidumps. Its not clear in Event Viewer what is actually causing these issues. Those files for Application and System are also attached with links to Dropbox. Thank you.1/7/2024 9:52:03 AM Fault bucket , type 0 Event...
  6. Computer unexpectedly blue screens mutliple times during boot and often if it loads

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Computer unexpectedly blue screens mutliple times during boot and often if it loads: I have a Dell XPS 15-9560 running W10 and a few years ago, I replaced the hard drive; one with bigger capacity. The original hard drive was a hybrid HDD/SSD and I replaced it with an HDD Western Digital WDC WD20SPZX-22UA7T0 drive. After 2 years of no problems, there are...
  7. Computer unexpectedly blue screens mutliple times during boot and often if it loads

Computer unexpectedly blue screens mutliple times during boot and often if it loads: I have a Dell XPS 15-9560 running W10 and a few years ago, I replaced the hard drive; one with bigger capacity. The original hard drive was a hybrid HDD/SSD and I replaced it with an HDD Western Digital WDC WD20SPZX-22UA7T0 drive. After 2 years of no problems, there are...
  8. Computer unexpectedly blue screens mutliple times during boot and often if it loads

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
  9. Mutliple BSODS

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Mutliple BSODS: Multiple BSODS related to memory. Swapped out with new RAM, and new GPU and the problem still continues. I am positive that this is a software error. The computer doesn't crash in BIOS but when I try to boot into windows it will crash. Other times it will boot into windows...
  10. Mutliple BSODS

Mutliple BSODS: Multiple BSODS related to memory. Swapped out with new RAM, and new GPU and the problem still continues. I am positive that this is a software error. The computer doesn't crash in BIOS but when I try to boot into windows it will crash. Other times it will boot into windows...