Windows 10: MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

Discus and support MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected"... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by NancyJackowiak, Nov 17, 2018.

1. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

windows update disabled my canon mx490 scanner, printer still works.....when trying to scan it says "pc not connected"

:)

NancyJackowiak, Nov 17, 2018

2. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner.

Tried multiple times to install so the builtin windows software can not work properly since it cant install a driver for the scanner.

sdowney717, Nov 17, 2018
  3. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

I am showing you the scan functions with canon software, but windows says need to add a scanner and you can not add it.

And the real odd thing, windows a week ago saw the scanner and we could scan. We go away on vacation, come back and no more ability to scan using the windows scan program, which we were more used to using.

So I had to download this massive canon product to use the scanner.

I also posted this to the canon products forum, and no one responded yet, so maybe no one knows or someone knows why, I am sure someone does know, it used to work, and we did nothing. MS does update the OS, maybe MS killed their driver, all we did is go away for a week from the house, then it no longer worked claiming no scanner is installed. Actually was quite a surprise to come home and not be able to scan.

sdowney717, Nov 17, 2018
  4. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

Scanner on multifunction printer not recognized in Windows 10

I have a Canon PIXMA MX 860. My printer works, but I can no longer scan to my PC since upgrading to Windows 10. My device is listed under printers and scanners as series MX 860, and Canon has no updated drivers available. I tried removing the printer,
    then had a helluva time getting back, because Windows couldn't find it! Can anyone tell me how to get the scanning function back?

DianeDalton, Nov 17, 2018
Thema:

MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax

1. MX 490 Canon Printer/Scanner/Fax - Similar Threads - 490 Canon Printer

2. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  3. Canon Printer Scanner won't work

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Canon Printer Scanner won't work: Code 5 error message 156.69 - My new Canon Pixma 3650S won't print or scan on wifi or USB lead. This seems to be a common problem. Why hasn't Microsoft sorted it?...
  4. New Canon pixma MX 395 printer not responding

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    New Canon pixma MX 395 printer not responding: I installed a new canon pixma MX395 using the set up disk. It got to the end but stopped at print test page but gave no error. The printer was showing as installed but will not print from anywhere. The document whether it is a test print or something else does appear briefly...
  5. printer scanner fax

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    printer scanner fax: I'm new here, bare with me, if possible. I have a HP Officejet Pro 8500A. It's obviously not bran new, but I believe in good shape. I've hooked it up, and am getting blank pages coming out of it, when attempting to print. All help is appreciated....
  6. Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier

Canon MB2250 Printer/scanner/copier: Hi Yesterday I went to scan a document and was presented with an error telling me that I did not have permission to access that file. I tried a few things and installed the Microsoft APP which worked and I managed to get the scan done. I decided to investigate the issue...
  7. Canon MX 459 scanner

Canon MX 459 scanner: I cannot connect my all in one canon mx 459 scanner https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx-459-scanner/e9e03b70-92f0-4f1f-8ae3-efd6c827cdb9
  8. Canon MX 472

Canon MX 472: My Canon MX 472 printer works fine as a wireless printer from both my desk set and my laptop but I cannot get it to scan by placing a document or picture on the glass. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/canon-mx-472/ebb17738-92ca-4165-99c1-99fbf7bfdfc0
  9. canon printer mf4100 (fax)

canon printer mf4100 (fax): Every time that I disable the printer fax it returns on restart. Which is a pain in the neck; I need to print out some emails and every time I try to do this the printer fax re-enables. ATM I have it set to Canon Printer series MF4100 UFRII LT, which is okay while the PC...
  10. Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software

Canon MX 490 scanner only works with Canon installed software: Canon mx490, install the canon software 388mb downloaded from canon, scan works. under settings, NO SCANNER appears. So go to add scanner, it finds mx490 series, with description print fax scan, so click to install, BUT only adds a printer and fax, no scanner. Tried...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. error when scanning from canon mx490 to computer using windows fax and scan

2. send pdf fax from win 10 mx 490