Windows 10: My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.

Discus and support My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly. in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; For a few weeks now, my PC has been getting slower and slower, and I'm not really sure why considering it is only a year old. Very recently, everything... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by Nat J 1711, Sep 24, 2018.

1. My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.

For a few weeks now, my PC has been getting slower and slower, and I'm not really sure why considering it is only a year old. Very recently, everything has stopped working. First, my sound got destroyed, and I can't hear any sound with my headphones on or not (and no, it's definitely not on mute). Then, my Start Menu was refusing to open, but I still managed to use Win + R. I have seen people talking about opening "Powershell" which I have done, but it just says "One or more errors occurred" then closes. I tried restarting Windows Explorer with Task Manager, but that didn't change anything. Then, I wondered if it was something I had installed (though I own an antivirus), so I attempted to get onto Settings, but I was denied access. I tried with Win + R with "ms-settings:" and it simply refused to do anything, and when I tried with CMD, it said "Access Denied. You are not an administrator on this computer." though I am the only person that uses this computer. I have tried looking through my Programs file but I can't find "Settings" anywhere. I have tried everything I could find to fix it, but nothing is working.

Does anyone know how to fix this?

Thanks,

Nat.

:)

Nat J 1711, Sep 24, 2018
  2. Ahhzz Win User

Windows 10 Tweaks

Pressing “Windows+Pause Break” (it’s up there next to scroll lock) opens the “System” Window.

Windows 10: In the new version of Windows, Explorer has a section called Quick Access. This includes your frequent folders and recent files. Explorer defaults to opening this page when you open a new window. If you’d rather open the usual This PC, with links to your drives and library folders, follow these steps:

• Open a new Explorer window.
    • Click View in the ribbon.
    • Click Options.
    • Under General, next to “Open File Explorer to:” choose “This PC.”
    • Click OK

credit to Lifehacker.

Ahhzz, Sep 24, 2018
  3. 3Colors Win User
    Windows Updated(16299.309).KB4088776 Restart is required to complete.

Hi dalchina. Good news, I followed your suggestion and reinstalled the update and now it appears as "installed correctly" *Biggrin Maybe it was not necessary to run the Windows Update Troubleshooter or maybe if necessary. But using it I do not think it could have worsened something. The installation was very fast, unlike the first time it showed step 1 and step 2 completed.

Thanks for the suggestions and for the time to respond My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly. :) Best regards.

And thanks for the tip of that program, I'll have it on my list.

3Colors, Sep 24, 2018
  4. My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.

Windows 10 Snipping Tool on Windows 7

All it is is one extra step beyond what is native to windows 10. Yes, technically it would be easier to have the functionality of print built in to the Windows 7 version, but you just have to save it ,and right click on it ,and print.

As far as getting the windows 10 version into windows7. I know there was a way to get the old winpaint, so maybe there's a way to get the snipping tool into 10, I don't know.

im curious if i could compress, and upload the application to this post? 7zip doesnt seem to be allowed

jboydgolfer, Sep 24, 2018
Thema:

My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly.

1. My 1-Year-Old Windows 10 has stopped functioning correctly. - Similar Threads - Old has stopped

2. 1 year old Computer has just stopped working, unable to recover, make bootable disk

in Windows 10 Gaming
    1 year old Computer has just stopped working, unable to recover, make bootable disk: I have a new PC with Windows 11 that is less than 1 year old.For the past week programs have started to crash, data has become corrupted and I have been getting the Blue screen of death due to a multiple of errors.\I have tried to update my drivers but everything I download...
  3. 1 year old Computer has just stopped working, unable to recover, make bootable disk

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    1 year old Computer has just stopped working, unable to recover, make bootable disk: I have a new PC with Windows 11 that is less than 1 year old.For the past week programs have started to crash, data has become corrupted and I have been getting the Blue screen of death due to a multiple of errors.\I have tried to update my drivers but everything I download...
  4. Clipboard has stopped functioning.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Clipboard has stopped functioning.: My clipboard was working fine until today morning. When I open the clipboard by using shortcut Win+V, I get to see "nothing here" displayed always : , whereas earlier, I could see all of the recently copied texts and images.However, I am able to copy and paste things as usual...
  5. Clipboard has stopped functioning.

Clipboard has stopped functioning.: My clipboard was working fine until today morning. When I open the clipboard by using shortcut Win+V, I get to see "nothing here" displayed always : , whereas earlier, I could see all of the recently copied texts and images.However, I am able to copy and paste things as usual...
  6. My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.: I have had a problem, I have two moniters, but my newer monitor/tv has stopped working, while i was playing a game, preferably beamng, The tv turned off out of nowhere. It will not turn on anymore. Before it stopped working, the tv had a darker spot in the top right corner....
  7. My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.

My almost 2 year old Philips TV has stopped working.: I have had a problem, I have two moniters, but my newer monitor/tv has stopped working, while i was playing a game, preferably beamng, The tv turned off out of nowhere. It will not turn on anymore. Before it stopped working, the tv had a darker spot in the top right corner....
  8. Microsoft has stopped functioning

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Microsoft has stopped functioning: I cant open Microsoft store- It doesn't recognise that I'm connectedI cant open Feedback hub-Just does nothingI cant create a new Contact us ticket-because the chat had ended the chat box is greyed out so cant carry on with the ticket nor can i create a new one as it keeps...
  9. Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Windows 10 functions randomly stop 1 by 1 until PC freezes: Hello there, I require some help for something that plagues me for 2 months now. I have bought a new PC recently, going for 4 months. I have been experiencing a random crash on it that I don't really know how to fix or how to approach, or even find the root cause....
  10. Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Soft reboot not working for Windows 10 on a 1 year old Asus notebook: Hi, Windows 10 soft reboot fails to find an operating system. Cold power off/power on finds it fine. Feels like a link to the start of the windows boot manager for soft reboots has got corrupted. How can I reset that warm boot-up link link without reinstalling Windows?...