Windows 10: My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

Discus and support My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help! in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I have this 10 years old POSITIVO desktop pc that have been having some issues lately.It freezes and shows glitchy colors out of nowhere.It started... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by GuilhermeJulio Ferreira, Jun 23, 2022.

1. My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

I have this 10 years old POSITIVO desktop pc that have been having some issues lately.It freezes and shows glitchy colors out of nowhere.It started with a Windows 7 Starter edition and now it runs Windows 8.1 Pro.It has an Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, no dedicated GPU.I never upgraded any components and the Windows troubleshooting does not accuse any damages...Last time I used this PC was on August of 2021, last year.Now, I pugged it back in and tried to make it work again.It seemed fine, until it started to do that.It happens randomly, but I noticed it has a greater probability of hap

:)

GuilhermeJulio Ferreira, Jun 23, 2022

2. How to change default desktop color

Hi,

As per the description, I understand that you would like to change the default desktop color.

You may follow the steps given below and check.

• Click on the start button.

• Click on settings.

• Click on personalization.

• Select color.

• Choose a color for your desktop.

I would suggest you to refer to the Microsoft Help Article given below and check if that helps.

Get Started with Windows 10.

Hope this information helps. Please let us know if you need any other assistance with Windows in future. We will be happy to assist you.

Mayank Gupta10, Jun 23, 2022
  3. Window background color - I don't appear to be able to do this on windows 10 as the change color scheme bit isn't there.

Hi Anton,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community.

I suggest you to follow the below steps to change color scheme for Windows 10 and check if it helps.

• Right click on “Desktop screen”.
    • Then click on “Personalize”.
    • Click on “Colors”.
    • And change the color accordingly.

Hope this information is helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2022
  4. My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

Changing the taskbar color to white in Windows 10

Hi Michael,

Thank you for contacting Microsoft Community. Your interest in Windows 10 is much appreciated.

In Windows 10 there is no option for changing the color to white but you can change it to different colors. To change the color of the task bar I suggest you to follow the below steps and check if it helps.

• In the search box, type settings.
    • Then select personalization.
    • Click on color option on the left side.
    • You will find an option called “show color on start, taskbar and start icon”.
    • You need to on the option and then you can change the color accordingly.
    Hope this information was helpful and do let us know if you need further assistance. We will be glad to assist.

Karthicka_R, Jun 23, 2022
Thema:

My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

1. My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help! - Similar Threads - years old desktop

2. My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My 10 years old desktop freezes and shows glitchy colors... Help!: I have this 10 years old POSITIVO desktop pc that have been having some issues lately.It freezes and shows glitchy colors out of nowhere.It started with a Windows 7 Starter edition and now it runs Windows 8.1 Pro.It has an Intel Dual Core, 2GB RAM, 500GB HDD, no dedicated...
  3. Audio on 12 year old desktop stopped working.

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Audio on 12 year old desktop stopped working.: Audio on 12 year old desktop stopped working. Gone thru checklist/troubleshoot; time for new computer? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/audio-on-12-year-old-desktop-stopped-working/7a06d2e0-609c-496c-8bce-e4a9ad2d5917
  4. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  5. New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop

in Windows 10 Support
    New Desktop, running slower then 10 year old laptop: I have a year old PC that was running amazing, up until about a week ago when I started getting a ton of BSOD... I think I have overall resolved that issue, BUT the computer is running very slowly now. For instance from the windows login screen, entering PIN to loading into...
  6. 4 year old laptop suddenly showing windows 10 is not activated

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    4 year old laptop suddenly showing windows 10 is not activated: Have had a Dell laptop for 4 years, running Windows 10 and suddenly windows is showing as "not activated" and I cannot use Office. The activation troubleshooter showed this error message: "We found a Windows 10 Home digital license for this device running Windows 10 Home....
  7. Help with 89 year old

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Help with 89 year old: My father-in-law lives with my wife and I. He is always messing with his Windows 10 machine and messing things up. He does things like changing his passwords to absurdly long strings that he immediately forgets. Is there some piece of software I can surreptitiously install...
  8. How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    How to Help My 94 Year Old Grandma From Afar: Hello all, Thank you in advance for your help. My grandmother is 94 years old. She has a computer with Windows 10. The constant updates have been difficult because they have changed the interface of many of the apps she can use, such as Facebook, Skype, and Zoom. These...
  9. 10 year old 1T HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    10 year old 1T HDD: Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3 partitions ) with a variety of games and videos and data spread across all 3 Partitions. i will be purchasing a new 2T HDD for...
  10. 10 year old 1T HDD

in Windows 10 Support
    10 year old 1T HDD: Hello all, not sure if i should post this here I have a 10 year old 1T HDD which has severed me well, i have several partitions on that drive ( 3 partitions ) with a variety of games and videos and data spread across all 3 Partitions. i will be purchasing a new 2T HDD for...