Windows 10: My £150 card from 6 years ago has an equivalent that costs roughly the same now..

Discus and support My £150 card from 6 years ago has an equivalent that costs roughly the same now.. in Windows 10 Graphic Cards to solve the problem; (adjusted for inflation too lol) I knew it was bad, but not that bad woahhh!! Discussion in 'Windows 10 Graphic Cards' started by BlueDogAnchorite, Mar 22, 2022.

1. My £150 card from 6 years ago has an equivalent that costs roughly the same now..

(adjusted for inflation too lol)
    I knew it was bad, but not that bad woahhh!!

BlueDogAnchorite, Mar 22, 2022
  2. bobkn Win User

Upgrading Graphics Card?

I'm not much into gaming, so I can't make recommendations based on familiarity.

A little quick Googling produced a recommendation for a GTX 470 for a WoW expansion pack. That would be roughly equivalent to a 750 ti.

If you're willing to part with $150, then I suggest the 950. I don't know how long you'd keep the upgraded system, but I suppose that a 900 series card will have better driver support in the future than a 700 series card.

(At newegg.com, there's an MSI 960 for $170, but with a $20 rebate. Just at your budget limit. It's a slightly better card than the 950.)

Maybe an AMD card would give better price/performance. I've used a few of those over the years, but I always find myself going back to nVidia. I'd try to sell you an old 7970, but it probably wouldn't be a good fit in your system. ;-)

bobkn, Mar 22, 2022
  3. eLPuSHeR Win User
    AMD equivalent to my nVidia GTX 970

Hello fellow TenForums users.

Since the release of W10 AU [1607] build I am pretty scared to upgrade drivers for my GTX 970. In fact, I am running an older release because latest ones don't work fine for me. I am not that impressed with DirectCompute, DX12 and Vulkan performance on nVidia either, so... just because I like to test out graphic cards, I am wondering which card is the roughly equivalent to my GTX 970? It doesn't have to be the greatest and or most expensive. I think I could afford spending 300-400 max.

What do you guys suggest?

eLPuSHeR, Mar 22, 2022
  4. baluTK Win User

My £150 card from 6 years ago has an equivalent that costs roughly the same now..

How to retrieve/ see contacts backed up from a windows 6 phone a few years ago?

I had a windows 6 phone few years ago and I backed up my contacts. I use to see the contacts list on the microsoft web. But I cant see them anymore. Dont remember the exact link. does anyone know what was the earlier site for backing up and retrieving
    contacts?

baluTK, Mar 22, 2022
Thema:

My £150 card from 6 years ago has an equivalent that costs roughly the same now..

1. My £150 card from 6 years ago has an equivalent that costs roughly the same now.. - Similar Threads - £150 card years

2. Same issue from another post 3 years ago.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Same issue from another post 3 years ago.: Hello,I saw a post related to this issue about 3 years ago where user's Wi-Fi n Bluetooth didn't show up to it's section. I already tried all the stuff others helped to advise them seems like none of it works.So about unistalling, scanning hidden devices the ones I see with...
  3. Same issue from another post 3 years ago.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Same issue from another post 3 years ago.: Hello,I saw a post related to this issue about 3 years ago where user's Wi-Fi n Bluetooth didn't show up to it's section. I already tried all the stuff others helped to advise them seems like none of it works.So about unistalling, scanning hidden devices the ones I see with...
  4. Same issue from another post 3 years ago.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. I bought the Lifetime Program about 6 years ago and for some reason now it is not showing

in Windows 10 Updates and Activation
    I bought the Lifetime Program about 6 years ago and for some reason now it is not showing: I bought Microsoft through a partnership with North Carolina Central. But I bought the program, and now I can't find anything that shows I bought it and it won't let me use the program...
  6. I bought the Lifetime Program about 6 years ago and for some reason now it is not showing

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I bought the Lifetime Program about 6 years ago and for some reason now it is not showing: I bought Microsoft through a partnership with North Carolina Central. But I bought the program, and now I can't find anything that shows I bought it and it won't let me use the program...
  7. I bought the Lifetime Program about 6 years ago and for some reason now it is not showing

8. simple ask from 4 years ago

in Windows 10 Gaming
    simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  9. simple ask from 4 years ago

simple ask from 4 years ago: https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/replace-windows-media-player-with-groove-in-the/b487d4a8-931c-416c-bade-7f201a4531ad?messageId=b4682de9-08a2-4a36-b7b8-bf8b18717049...
  10. For years now the same problem

in Windows 10 Customization
    For years now the same problem: At windows 10 since they released i have setting looking broken and apps from windows store, i have tried everything... reinstalling windows store etc. But it is not the GUI broken only on Netflix app for example. Also broken are windows settings GUI, they look like a web...