Windows 10: My 1660 Super unable to install Nvidia driver with fresh install of Windows 10

Discus and support My 1660 Super unable to install Nvidia driver with fresh install of Windows 10 in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; So I just built a new PC (a Threadripper 1920X, an ASRock X399 Professional Gaming mobo, and GTX 1660 Super) and after installing a fresh copy of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/StickyLickyMemer, Dec 19, 2019.

1. My 1660 Super unable to install Nvidia driver with fresh install of Windows 10

So I just built a new PC (a Threadripper 1920X, an ASRock X399 Professional Gaming mobo, and GTX 1660 Super) and after installing a fresh copy of Windows 10, I proceeded to install GeForce Experience and when it attempted to install, it said, “This NVIDIA graphics driver is not compatible with this version of Windows”. I then went into the device manager and noticed that under Display adapters the 1660 Super was listed as “Microsoft Basic Display Adapter” and it’s not recognized as an Nvidia GPU. Is there a way to fix this????

submitted by /u/StickyLickyMemer
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/StickyLickyMemer, Dec 19, 2019

2. Windows 7 wont install drivers

+1

If you having an issue installing a driver that worked before you formatted or wont install on a fresh build, sometimes this means hardware damage

brandonwh64, Dec 19, 2019
  3. Windows 7 wont install drivers

i dont think anyone here understands what your asking either when its nearly a 90% english dominated Tech forum.
    Step 1
    reinstall windows from scratch
    Step 2
    install all drivers from the cd that came with the god damn motherboard *common sense*
    Step 3
    update windows
    Step 4
    install misc etc crap like flash java etc etc
    Step 5
    Install GPU drivers
    Step 6
    go back to using your pc without issue.

crazyeyesreaper, Dec 19, 2019
  4. Delta6326 Win User

My 1660 Super unable to install Nvidia driver with fresh install of Windows 10

Delta6326, Dec 19, 2019
Thema:

My 1660 Super unable to install Nvidia driver with fresh install of Windows 10

1. My 1660 Super unable to install Nvidia driver with fresh install of Windows 10 - Similar Threads - 1660 Super unable

2. Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10: I've been trying to fix my computer after it was having issues with multiple different applications crashing very often during normal use. I Attempted to just repair Windows and that did nothing. So my next step is to do a fresh install, in case the registry became corrupt...
  3. Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to install Update 22H2 on fresh install of Windows 10: I've been trying to fix my computer after it was having issues with multiple different applications crashing very often during normal use. I Attempted to just repair Windows and that did nothing. So my next step is to do a fresh install, in case the registry became corrupt...
  4. nVidia driver - freeze on Windows 10 startup on fresh installation

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver - freeze on Windows 10 startup on fresh installation: i7-2600 6 GB RAM new SSD HDD Fresh installation of Windows 10 Home 2004 (build 19041.264) nVidia GT 545 I installed UEFI version of Windows and everything was OK but when I update graphics drivers screen goes black. I'm able to press enter on end of installation to reboot....
  5. Unable to fresh install windows

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Unable to fresh install windows: I am trying to complete a fresh install of Windows. I have tried several times now using different options in the recovery settings and i have also tried using the installation media on a USB several times. It completes and then goes to restart. I then get a blue screen...
  6. GeForce GTX 1660 Super Installation - BSOD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    GeForce GTX 1660 Super Installation - BSOD: Hello, I have recently switched from Ryzen 3 1300X to Ryzen 5 2600, added 8GB extra RAM same type of my current 8GB and changed from Radeon RX550 to GeForce GTX 1660 Super GPU. I installed the drivers for the nvidia card but then shortly into playing AC odyssey i get BSOD...
  7. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  8. nVidia driver not installing

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    nVidia driver not installing: Hi, I am new in this forum. I have just registered because I am trying to work out a problem and need some help. I have recently re-installed my PC completely. It is now running on 64bit Windows 10, version 1909 (Build 18363.535). The PC includes an nVidia card GeForce GTX...
  9. NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 and 1650 Super GPUs

in Windows 10 News
    NVIDIA introduces new GeForce GTX 1660 and 1650 Super GPUs: [ATTACH] SANTA CLARA, Calif., Oct. 29, 2019 In the latest addition to its GeForce® GTX® family of gaming GPUs, NVIDIA today unveiled the GeForce GTX 1660 SUPER -- the successor to its most successful GPU ever -- as well as the GeForce 1650 SUPER. [img] [img] Designed to...
  10. Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Fresh and Clean install windows 10 1809 after install Nvidia Graphic Driver Got BSOD: How can I Fix This issue .please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! DUMP file link:---- https://1drv.ms/u/s!AmFPL7OpaU6ugWT3llcXhZQDUvlv[ATTACH] https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/fresh-and-clean-install-windows-10-1809-after/95aaf462-d57e-400b-9c42-f11690d94af6

Users found this page by searching for:

1. gtx 1660 super driver not installing correctly

2. new windows 10 instrall nvidia wont install