Windows 10: My 1903 Windows computer just went into dumb mode

Discus and support My 1903 Windows computer just went into dumb mode in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; It started when I tried to run Malware-bytes, nothing happen, so I decided to restart, the Windows key did nothing, I did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and chose... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by rboppy, Sep 17, 2020.

1. rboppy Win User

My 1903 Windows computer just went into dumb mode

It started when I tried to run Malware-bytes, nothing happen, so I decided to restart, the Windows key did nothing, I did a Ctrl-Alt-Delete and chose restart, after watching the dots go round and round for 5 minutes C-A-D again choose power off, got the same response, so I used the Power button on the Lenovo 700 laptop. After a few minutes, tuned it back on, the sign in screen came up immediately, no Lenovo logo, signed in the only thing that works is Windows apps, Flag+E brought up Explorer, I have a cmd prompt on my task bar which also worked. Nothing that is not Windows would work.

Any ideas?

:)

rboppy, Sep 17, 2020
  2. coopfab Win User

Cannot Enter Safe Mode / Computer boots normally

I'm running Win 10 Pro 1903.

Here are the steps I have taken to get into safe mode: Start button, settings, update and security, recovery, advanced startup, troubleshoot, advanced options, startup settings, restart. The computer boots normally, not in safe mode. Any suggestions would be most helpful. Thanks in advance for your help and interest. .

coopfab, Sep 17, 2020
  3. Anna Bol Win User
    Computer Shuts Down When Woken From Sleep Mode

Hi,

To help resolve your issue, we suggest you follow the steps below:

Method 1:Run
    power troubleshooter

• On the search bar,type
      “Troubleshooting”

• Click
      “View All”
      on the left panel.

• Click
      Power,a new window will popup.

• Follow the on-screen instructions.

Method 2: Safe mode

Check if issue persists in safe mode. To go to safe mode, follow these steps:

• Open Run Command (Windows
      button +R)

• A dialog box will open, type
      msconfig.

• Locate and select the Boot tab and select Safe with Minimal as option.

• Restart Computer.

Note:Follow
    the same procedure to undo Safe Mode, uncheck the Safe option and restart your system.

Method 3: Clean boot

If the issue does not occur in safe mode, kindly check in clean boot. To place your computer in clean boot, refer
    to this
    link

Note:
    Once you are done with the troubleshooting, perform the steps in “How to
    reset the computer to start as usual after troubleshooting with clean boot
    “ to reset computer as usual.

Feel free to get back to us if you need further assistance.

Anna Bol, Sep 17, 2020
  4. My 1903 Windows computer just went into dumb mode

Boot into Safe Mode on Windows 10  

I am stuck in Safe Mode in spite of following all the suggested steps to go back to Normal Startup - Like opening file location of msconfig.exe & running as Administrator. The computer I am trying to get out of safe mode has just been updated from Windows 7.

GreatWhiteNorth, Sep 17, 2020
Thema:

My 1903 Windows computer just went into dumb mode

1. My 1903 Windows computer just went into dumb mode - Similar Threads - 1903 computer went

2. help my computer just went on fire wth do i do

in Windows 10 Gaming
    help my computer just went on fire wth do i do: i was just trying to install haha funny monke balloon game and now my pc ded in a fire : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-computer-just-went-on-fire-wth-do-i-do/21dbee6b-e05b-4a17-8564-af372e9738da
  3. help my computer just went on fire wth do i do

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    help my computer just went on fire wth do i do: i was just trying to install haha funny monke balloon game and now my pc ded in a fire : https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/help-my-computer-just-went-on-fire-wth-do-i-do/21dbee6b-e05b-4a17-8564-af372e9738da
  4. New computer unlock method just went through my brain.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    New computer unlock method just went through my brain.: To unlock your computer, you have to go through a series of set by user presses and holds on a set by user again key on your keyboard. I call it "Morse sign-in" To set this up, simply go to [Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Morse sign-in not actually there yet], Once...
  5. New computer unlock method just went through my brain.

New computer unlock method just went through my brain.: To unlock your computer, you have to go through a series of set by user presses and holds on a set by user again key on your keyboard. I call it "Morse sign-in" To set this up, simply go to [Settings > Accounts > Sign-in options > Morse sign-in not actually there yet], Once...
  6. I have a storage problem on my computer. (Or maybe I'm just dumb)

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I have a storage problem on my computer. (Or maybe I'm just dumb): [ATTACH] Every time I look how much storage I have left on my computer, it always says way more then I can find. Here's an example. My computer says I have 94.5 GB use of Apps & features. But when I add all the storage in there together I only get around 7 GB. How do I...
  7. just installed 1903

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    just installed 1903: In my prvisousversion of windows the app or program woudl open up full screen. With 1903 most apps or programs open up partial screen, then I use the expeantion square, BUT once i leave that area and go back same thing screen only partially open. Is thre some setting...
  8. Safe mode is being dumb

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Safe mode is being dumb: So i have 2 problems. 1. Whenever i try to go in safe mode it aays tge current input timing is not supported by the monitor display. 2. My pc keep freezing on startup, so like 5 seconds after i put in my pin it freezes. help me pls...
  9. My computer suddenly went into test mode.

in Windows 10 Customization
    My computer suddenly went into test mode.: My computer all of a sudden went into test mode. I cannot access any of my apps, internet and files. How do I get out of test mode? I need to order Christmas presents now!! Please help me!!...
  10. this is dumb

this is dumb: I'm xbox live enforcement, and I got a suspension for no reason... https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/apps_windows_10-win_xbox/this-is-dumb/8f60a42a-4680-428d-bc9c-09993e592a0a