Windows 10: My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10...

Discus and support My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; This is a big problem! Recently I downloaded the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and I have inadvertently downloaded it to my 1 TB External Hard... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by crescent786, Dec 25, 2018.

1. My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10...

This is a big problem!

Recently I downloaded the Media Creation Tool for Windows 10 and I have inadvertently downloaded it to my 1 TB External Hard Drive.
    The 1 TB content was missing from this Hard Disk Drive and it showed Drive now reads as ESD-USB (F Drive) and shows only 31.9 GB
    I decided to Format this Drive.

However, even after Formatting this Drive, it reads as ESD-USB (on F Drive) and shows only 31.9 GB
    Below is the Screenshot

My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10... 777561a3-037a-4cdb-a938-93f4aa7c500e?upload=true.png

I Right-Clicked the Drive and went to Properties and in Properties I find that it shows that the Drive is named ‘Imation Apollo M300’ and also shows that it has a volume of almost 1 TB.
    Below are two Screenshots

My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10... 0f2265b6-6781-4741-869a-fffb3df6c916?upload=true.png

The same screenshot with details inked-in

My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10... f9e52c79-0608-4120-abf5-f8fddec234b7?upload=true.jpg

How do I bring this Drive back to its original state?

Thanking You

:)

crescent786, Dec 25, 2018

2. External hard Disk space reduced after using Windows Creation Tool for Windows 10

my 1tb external hard drive was reduced to a 31 GB hard drive. the contents of the media tool was put in but just a fraction of the total capacity was left, i tried reformatting the hard disk but the problem still persists, with most of the space gone.
    i tried using the hard drives application for recovery, it still shows that it has 900 odd ish GB space, but when i click into it, a sub appears with the 31 GB space, any pointers how to i fix this ?

Woei Loong LukeHo, Dec 25, 2018
  3. Accidentally converted my 1TB external hard drive to a ESD-USB

I built a new custom PC and I needed to download Windows 10 for it so I used my Samsung 1TB external hard drive to install the ISO of Windows 10 Home onto it and then install it onto my PC. It all worked and I now have Windows 10 Home on my new PC but
    my 1TB external hard drive is now a 31.9GB maximum storage external hard drive. How can I revert my hard drive back to having 1TB maximum storage?

George_Hicks0001, Dec 25, 2018
  4. My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10...

Help with external hard drive

Hi Debbra,

Welcome to Microsoft Community.

I appreciate your interest in windows 10 and also for trying the troubleshooting steps to fix the issue. I understand the inconvenience you faced. I will certainly help you with this.

I would suggest you to plug in hard drive then check in disk management you can see the drive or not.

Follow the steps to check Drive in Disk Management.

• Go to the Control Panel then click on the
      Administrative Tools. .

• Under the Administrative Tool Click on Computer Management.

• Click on Disk Management and check the External Hard Drive.

Also check in BIOS whether External Hard Drive is listed or not.

For help with the BIOS settings, refer to the computer manual or contact the manufacturer.

If it doesn’t work then, I would suggest you to update BIOS for updating BIOS contact Lenovo Support.

Follow the link:

http://support.lenovo.com/in/hi/

Disclaimer :

Modifying BIOS/complementary metal oxide semiconductor (CMOS) settings incorrectly can cause serious problems that may prevent your computer from booting properly. Microsoft cannot guarantee that any problems resulting from the configuring of BIOS/CMOS settings
    can be solved. Modifications of the settings are at your own risk.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Thanks.

Preeti Patel, Dec 25, 2018
Thema:

My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10...

1. My 1TB External Hard Disk Drive has been reduced to 31.9 GB after I downloaded the Win 10... - Similar Threads - 1TB External Hard

2. My total gb on my local disk is reduced

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My total gb on my local disk is reduced: My local disk D had 900 gb in total and had data upto 800 gb in it but recently my laptop had a weird clicking sound when starting up and said hard disk error and now my local disk D has only 194 gb in total and all of my games pics and important documents r all gone from...
  3. My total gb on my local disk is reduced

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My total gb on my local disk is reduced: My local disk D had 900 gb in total and had data upto 800 gb in it but recently my laptop had a weird clicking sound when starting up and said hard disk error and now my local disk D has only 194 gb in total and all of my games pics and important documents r all gone from...
  4. external hard drive has been changed from "freeagent disk" to "local disk" with all my...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    external hard drive has been changed from "freeagent disk" to "local disk" with all my...: i hope this is the right community, sorry if it isn't.. i literally didnt do anything to this hard drive. didn't add anything to it (except my work files) , then when i plugged it in, it changed its name to local disk and all my files were gone. i don't know how this happened...
  5. Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
    Toshiba 1Tb external hard drive: Drive won't be recognized by Windows 10. Toshiba states it's because of a windows 10 update. How do I remedy this problem? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/toshiba-1tb-external-hard-drive/c97c98c0-f558-41d9-9099-f8690942888e
  6. Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    Toshiba external hard drive (HDD)1TB: Hello, I have the above HDD and used it for storage for some while. I can no longer access the device. When I connect it to my laptop a light inside the unit flashes indicating it is receiving power. However, when I try to access the unit through "this pc" it is not showing...
  7. External Hard drive disk

External Hard drive disk: Shown as access denied. Location unavailable[IMG] Cannot open my Seagate external HARD drive disk of 1.5TB https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/external-hard-drive-disk/d12073f2-eb0d-4add-bfb1-2f9e4cff21de
  8. My 1TB external hard disk is recognised. But not shown in disk management and file explorer.

My 1TB external hard disk is recognised. But not shown in disk management and file explorer.: [ATTACH][ATTACH] [ATTACH] It automatically disconnects after a minute. The screenshots were taken while it was connected. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-1tb-external-hard-disk-is-recognised-but-not/533e6db5-74af-4fda-bce3-d8effed7dc69
  9. Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive

Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive: I have an Iomega 1TB External Hard Drive that I cannot get to connect to my new computer. What do I need to do to get it to connect? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/iomega-1tb-external-hard-drive/5860dd62-9401-40e1-9671-23a6f9939118
  10. How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?

How to Partition a 1TB external Hard Drive?: I am new to the forum. I'm not sure if this is the right place to post my question, but hoping someone here can direct me or might know. I purchased a 1TB hard drive to place media files on it so that I could plug it into my DVD player which has a USB port. I made sure to...

Users found this page by searching for:

1. my extelrna hard diak size is reduced to 31.9 GB

2. 1tb hard drive says 31.9gb