Windows 10: My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

Discus and support My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old in Windows 10 Support to solve the problem; I got my HP Pavilion in October 2015 as a birthday present. It's 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, AMD A10 processor, 64 bit. It was working really... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Support' started by sea1997, Jan 6, 2016.

1. sea1997 Win User

My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old

I got my HP Pavilion in October 2015 as a birthday present. It's 1TB HDD, 8GB RAM, Windows 10, AMD A10 processor, 64 bit.

It was working really well for a little while, but a few weeks ago I started noticing problems and now... well, they have gotten much worse.

THE FIRST AND MOST IMPORTANT ISSUE is this: I cannot install new software. I've been told no with everything from Paint.NET to iTunes. I try and install something and it tells me 'Something else is being installed'. Now I usually suspect AVG of that sort of problem. But I tried to update my AVG antivirus and that gave me the same error! It's very annoying as I've just bought a brand new iPhone and I can't get any music or films onto it without iTunes!

The problems have been seen everywhere else too- requests are not being dealt with. If I want to launch an external application from the web (say, downloading content), the application opens but if I'm saving something the wizard won't load.

Another alarming issue is that USBs are now not being recognised. I plugged my old phone in and it kept disappearing; and Windows was unable to read its contents even though I then used my stepdad's PC and it worked fine.

It's slowing down too... vastly. It takes it a long time to think about anything and recently battery life has dropped a small amount.

I have done too whole computer scans now; everything coming up roses and saying there is no problem.

People have sent me ways to deal with some of these issues; but none of them work on Windows 10- everyone I've spoken with so far is still in version 7 or 8 mode.

I'm relatively clued up about maintenance. I CClean, Defrag and use Registry Easy occasionally to sweep up problems but none of this is working. My main concern is no being able to install new software.

It's annoying because my old PC went down a very similar route to its death- but after 5 years. This PC has lasted just 2 months and seems to be on the slippery slope...

I'm quite interested in development- and game design. I have Unity, Visual Studio and all of the Adobe Suite installed. Don't know if that contributes to it or not. Also, I have Steam installed and that's always doing something. Should I remove that??

And that's just it I guess...

:)

sea1997, Jan 6, 2016

2. WHY IS WINDOWS 10 RUNNING SO SLOW?

it did not work, my computer still runs slow after 2 hrs of run time. I am running windows 10 preloaded, my laptop is no more that a month old and its running like its 10 years old. this problem has been on my laptop since the being. even my 10-year-old
    windows 10 computer runs faster than my laptop. the mouse is unresponsive and the start menu and Cortona are unresponsive. i have tried everything and its just slow.

davidgaboda, Jan 6, 2016
  3. my friends pc is 2 years old (has windows 10) there is no photo app on her Pc?? Can it be install?

my friends pc is 2 years old (has windows 10) there is no photo app on her Pc?? Can it be install?

KenBeckner, Jan 6, 2016
  4. Ztruker Win User

Ztruker, Jan 6, 2016
Thema:

1. My 2-month old laptop is already behaving like it's 7 years old - Similar Threads - month old laptop

2. is it possible to recover 7 year old files?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    is it possible to recover 7 year old files?: Bit of an interesting situation:I recently recovered a 7 yr old laptop out of my garage in order to check out some old stuff I remembered was on it. I had to replace the CMOS battery and after booting it up for the first time Windows was completely reset. There was only my...
  3. is it possible to recover 7 year old files?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    is it possible to recover 7 year old files?: Bit of an interesting situation:I recently recovered a 7 yr old laptop out of my garage in order to check out some old stuff I remembered was on it. I had to replace the CMOS battery and after booting it up for the first time Windows was completely reset. There was only my...
  4. is it possible to recover 7 year old files?

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
  5. I like the old Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I like the old Windows 7: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...
  6. I like the old Windows 7

in Windows 10 Gaming
    I like the old Windows 7: In the past, Windows 7 is a good version of Windows, as it is the fixed version of Windows Vista and many of people here used Windows 7 a lot. Windows 7 is a legend version of Windows.Shame that Microsoft ended servicing Windows 7For now, I'd like to take a look at it, make...
  7. I like the old Windows 7

8. I like the old Windows 7

9. Year-old laptop suddenly slow

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Year-old laptop suddenly slow: I have an Asus TUF fx505 gaming laptop with Windows 10. It's run games like Monster Hunter and Rainbow Six Siege fine since I got it a year ago, until last Thursday. I don't know how much of this is relevant, but I'll give you the full story anyways: I downloaded Rocket...
  10. surface pro.. 2 years old..

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    surface pro.. 2 years old..: help needed plz..locked out of surface pro ,tried the hold shift button then restart..i get thru to full recovery trouble shoot save your files ..but nothing works ..factory reset .any ideas ..local repair shops don't want to know .....