Windows 10: My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...

Discus and support My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery... in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware to solve the problem; 2 weeks ago I bought a computer which is supposed to have 10.5 hours of battery life directly from office works, but now after only around 20 hours of... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware' started by Stephen :, Apr 21, 2021.

1. Stephen : Win User

My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...

2 weeks ago I bought a computer which is supposed to have 10.5 hours of battery life directly from office works, but now after only around 20 hours of use the battery life has plummeted to around 2 hours 2.5 if I'm lucky. I ran a test and when running low demand appliances Word, PowerPoint, Microsoft Teams with nothing else in 45 minutes I lost 30% of power. The issue can't be related to a virus as the only things I've downloaded are Microsoft 365 and apps I've had on my old computer. WHAT IS HAPPENING, MY COMPUTER WAS BOUGHT BRAND NEW AND IT SEEMS THE BATTERY LIFE IS GOING DOWN EXPONETAILY, EVEN AS IM WRITTING THIS IM LOSING 1% EVERY 2-5 MINUTES, PLEASE HELP AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH. why Lenovo : My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery... 2fb3c852-cae1-4d3c-bad9-1d920e0f4763?upload=true.png

My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery... 3aa37dde-86d2-4694-b7af-e7d16b2f033d?upload=true.png

:)

Stephen :, Apr 21, 2021

2. computor shuts down when i have 2 hours battery life remaining

computer switches off when showing 2 hours battery life remaining

MoReynolds, Apr 21, 2021
  3. m33lople Win User
    Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

Thanks for the reply!
    the Dell xps in April of this year. I use normal setting, were the screen res, Bluetooth and wifi are full blast
    My concern is the different advice on conditioning a laptop battery, and who to trust.
    In 2013 I conditioned the battery in a MacBook air after upgrading to another OSX and had my battery life go from 5-6 hours to under 1 hour!
    The 'tools' at the store insisted i drain the battery then restart, and the battery would have fresh cycles, woah were they wrong! so i switched back to the pervious OSX version and the battery duration went back to normal and still holds a good charge today. I never took anyone's advice working a computer store again!
    I guess i need to see how much battery life on the Dell XPS has by simply using the fine laptop for many hours.

m33lople, Apr 21, 2021
  4. jimmij Win User

My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery...

Bad battery life

After upgrading from Windows 8.1 to Windows 10 on August 1st, my battery life has been reduced by nearly 50% and has not changed since installing Windows 10.

With Windows 8.1, I could usually get about 2 hours 45 minutes worth of battery life on power saver mode with a 100% charge with light usage (internet browsing stuff).

Windows 10 gives me no more than 1 hour 30 minutes of battery life on a 100% charge. I tried the battery saver mode on Windows 10 but it only gives me about 2 minutes extra battery life. My laptop is only a few months old, so the battery is most likely not defective.

I hope Microsoft gets to work on this...

Laptop Specs:
    hp envy k111dx 17.3" Touchscreen Beats Audio Edition
    i7-4510U CPU @ 2.00 GHz - 2.60 GHz
    12GB DDR3L SDRAM (2 DIMM)
    Windows 10 Home 64 Bit
    NVidia GeForce 840M GPU

jimmij, Apr 21, 2021
Thema:

1. My 2 week old computer promised with a 10.5 hour battery life now only has a 2 hour battery... - Similar Threads - week old computer

2. My battery dies in about 2 hours. What would be a replacement battery for Dell Inspiron 156...

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    My battery dies in about 2 hours. What would be a replacement battery for Dell Inspiron 156...: Dell Inspiron 156 TouchScreen Laptop Intel Core i5 8GB Memory 2TB Hard Drive Black Model: I3567-5664BLK-PUS SKU: 6097909 https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-battery-dies-in-about-2-hours-what-would-be-a/fe61880f-8c47-4d76-b49f-cc18f186c8d0
  3. 2 hours...

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    2 hours...: [ATTACH] pc crashed 2hrs ago, and still 20 percent. submitted by /u/DionPerera [link] [comments] https://www.reddit.com/r/Windows10/comments/is6kg3/2_hours/
  4. Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    Lenovo T440, Battery 1 not present, while Battery 2 only has 1 hour of usage.: Hello! As the title states, I am using a Lenovo T440 ThinkPad. I'm using it for school, and 1 hour of battery time is NOT enough. That one hour is even with performance at lowest, as well as battery saver on at all times. The 1st battery seems to not be present, or only one...
  5. Battery Life from almost 8 hours to now about 2.5 hours

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    Battery Life from almost 8 hours to now about 2.5 hours: My laptop is Acer Swift 3 From the first time since I bought this laptop in October 2018, the battery life has been good, giving me around 6-8 hours (normal usage (browsing, watching video, etc.), no gaming, no editing). Acer claimed it can last up to 12 hours. Until last...
  6. Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours

Battery in new laptop only 2-3 hours: Hello Sportsfans, The battery stats on the Dell XPS non4k screen usually says "2 or 3" hour remaining right after unplugged. Now the indicator states 84% 3:53 remaining after 40 minutes of battery usage. I never conditioned or ran the battery down, i never took the laptop...
  7. Display battery hours

in Windows 10 Customization
    Display battery hours: Is there any way to display remaining battery hours for Win 10, HP Pavilion ? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/display-battery-hours/c4a9f3a9-bbdd-4ac3-b396-1c80235f93ba
  8. computor shuts down when i have 2 hours battery life remaining

computor shuts down when i have 2 hours battery life remaining: computer switches off when showing 2 hours battery life remaining https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/computor-shuts-down-when-i-have-2-hours-battery/bfb0e325-3e02-4eda-8244-b602bb62816d
  9. Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue

Surface Book 2 - Battery Life (In Hours) Issue: On my Surface, when I hovered over the battery tab on the taskbar it showed me the percentage of how much is left and how many hours I had left. Unfortuantly, my laptop only displays the percentage, not how any hours are left anymore. I have tried everything from drivers and...
  10. OS battery life hours estimate question

OS battery life hours estimate question: When off commercial power and on battery, is the 'time remaining' based upon the OS' experience with the installed battery/condition or simply based upon the time a certain spec battery 'should' last without regarding the actual health of the battery? Mark 92822