Windows 10: My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink

Discus and support My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Yesterday it had only 30gb left, tried to get rid of space by uninstalling useless stuff and uninstalling War Thunder (an air combat game) because it... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/DasRico, Feb 21, 2020.

1. My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink

Yesterday it had only 30gb left, tried to get rid of space by uninstalling useless stuff and uninstalling War Thunder (an air combat game) because it doesn't connect to server despite my DNS is fine. After uninstalling it I suddenly find that the disk has only 6gb left. What is going on here? I also uninstalled the 20gb "X Plane 11 trial" file and... only 11gb left. Why is this happening? Does Windows also store trash processes like Android? The heaviest programS don't even make 150gb (including Autodesk Maya, Arnold and Windows). The heavy files are stored apart in a 2tb HDD. I need your help because I'm going to install Unity and Unreal Engine and things are going beyond... unrealistic. How can I solve this and avoid it in the future?

Also FYI disk health check is 82,90 after some short circuit that happened at home.

Thanks!

submitted by /u/DasRico
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/DasRico, Feb 21, 2020

2. Blinking Screen

Hi,

Thank you for your interest in Windows 10.

Blinking screen issue is usually caused due to Video card drivers.

I suggest you to try updating the Display Adapter drivers check if it works for you.

Follow the steps to update the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Update Driver Software’.
    • Select the option to automatically search for the updated driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its updated and verify.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

If issue still persists, I suggest you to Uninstall and reinstall the Display driver and check if it works for you.
    Refer to the steps below:

Follow the steps to uninstall the Display driver:

• Press Windows Key + X key and click Device Manager.
    • Expand ‘Display Adapters’.
    • Right-click on the Display Adapter listed and click on ‘Uninstall’.
    • Select the option to Delete driver software.
    • Restart the computer after its uninstalled.
    Also try to access the computer manufacturer's website and download the latest display drivers for your computer and install the same.

Hope this information is helpful. Please do let us know if you need further assistance, we’ll be glad to assist you.

Giridhar J, Feb 21, 2020
  3. Monitor screen blinking.

Hi,

Thank you for posting your query on Microsoft Community.

I understand how frustrating it could be, when the monitor screen blinks frequently. We will assist you with it.

I suggest you to update the display drivers and check.

Method 2: Update drivers.

I suggest you to update graphic drivers and check if it helps. Follow the steps given below.

• Press Windows key + X key and click on
      Device manager.
    • Search for Display Adapters.
    • Right-click on the graphics
      card
      and click on Update driver software.

You may also download the drivers from the manufacture’s website and check.

Hope this information is helpful. For any further assistance on Windows, feel free to post your query on Microsoft Community Forum.

Thank you.

Syed Md Bilal, Feb 21, 2020
  4. Kursah Win User

My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink

SSD Crucial Bx 100 - rattling/vibrating. Possible?

This has been suggested several times already, and it has been suggested you try to move the SSD, remove it, or even suspend it in your case. Will you please try one of these?

If you don't understand vibration and resonance, please refer to @dorsetknob 's post above. *Smile My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink :) It has been explained that something else moving/vibrating (even if you don't think they're vibrating they are...), fans, hard disk drives, and anything with a motor will cause some form of vibration at certain frequencies. This can be transfered through your case's chassis and where you mounted your SSD could be reaching a certain frequency that causes it to slightly move and rattle against the case.

We are suggesting you take action and report back..you keep asking questions from step 1...we should be on step 4 by now...that is solution.

Try what has been suggested and report back please. Otherwise all you're doing is leading this thread in an endless circle and the help will stop shortly thereafter.

*Toast :toast:

Kursah, Feb 21, 2020
Thema:

My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink

1. My 222gb SSD has become full in just a blink - Similar Threads - 222gb SSD has

2. My ssd won’t become the system drive

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My ssd won’t become the system drive: I brought a new ssd for my pc Crucial P3 Plus. I installed it, then cloned my hdd onto my ssd as I want my windows on ssd. I went onto bios, put my ssd at the top of boot priority. However, the ssd still remained as a storage drive rather than the main system drive. My...
  3. My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...: My computer came with 2 drives HDD and SSD. The OS was installed on the SSD and is now out of space and basically rendering the desktop pretty much useless. I cannot install any security updates/patches/etc. nor can I install any of the latest updates/SP's.The HDD is 900GB+...
  4. My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My SSD is out of space and my desktop has basically become inoperative because of the lack...: My computer came with 2 drives HDD and SSD. The OS was installed on the SSD and is now out of space and basically rendering the desktop pretty much useless. I cannot install any security updates/patches/etc. nor can I install any of the latest updates/SP's.The HDD is 900GB+...
  5. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Gaming
    my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  6. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    my ssd become smaller after format: Please help me to fix it. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/my-ssd-become-smaller-after-format/cf566afa-0e75-410f-a0c4-0feb8d8d0448
  7. my ssd become smaller after format

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  8. My SSD just dissepeared?

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    My SSD just dissepeared?: I was gonna start playing red dead redemption 2 and the game opend just fine. Then suddenly the computer froze and just restarted. When it shut back on everything seemed normal but i noticed a ton of programs/Shortcuts were just white papers. I have 2 hard drives/disks. ONe...
  9. Full SSD

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Full SSD: I am too tired from windows 10, suddenly my SSD disk is almost full from 32 free GB i have 2 GB and i did not download anything at all. Do you know how i fix this problem?? Thank you!!...
  10. Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab

in Browsers and Email
    Chrome webpage has become huge just on one tab: I was on a website on one of my tabs and must have hit some keyboard shortcut by accident that greatly magnified the page. Any idea of how I can restore this back to normal? 109326

Users found this page by searching for:

1. 222gb ssd