Windows 10: my 27 inch stopped playing from laptop, It just says no vga after i plug in hdmi cable and...

Discus and support my 27 inch stopped playing from laptop, It just says no vga after i plug in hdmi cable and... in Windows 10 Customization to solve the problem; my aux 27 inch screen quit working from my laptop , the aux screen says no vga signal I tried another hdmi cable and pressed reset button on aux... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Customization' started by wayneostrander1, Dec 18, 2018.

1. my 27 inch stopped playing from laptop, It just says no vga after i plug in hdmi cable and...

my aux 27 inch screen quit working from my laptop , the aux screen says no vga signal I tried another hdmi cable and pressed reset button on aux screen both screens stay black till I unplug hdmi from laptop and it resumes working ok , But aux. sreen says vga no signaland goes black

:)

wayneostrander1, Dec 18, 2018
  2. OrbitzXT Win User

VGA to HDMI Cable?

Someone I know is going away and wants to watch downloaded movies from his laptop and display them on the hotel room's HDTV. The laptop in question is fairly old and only has VGA out, no HDMI. I googled it and saw VGA to HDMI but it said something like "NO COMPUTER/LAPTOP", so I'm not sure what that's even used for then. I'm not really sure what to suggest to him, any thoughts on what he can use to display the movies on the TV? Sound isn't a huge issue, he can have that play from the laptop itself.

OrbitzXT, Dec 18, 2018
  3. Play Audio through HDMI cable plugged into TV

Hi,

Thank you for posting your queries in Microsoft Community.

HDMI (high definition multimedia interface) is a cable connection that sends both the HD audio and video signal between HD equipment. If your laptop computer has an HDMI input connection installed, it is possible to play the audio of an HD device directly
    through the laptop computer's speakers. Doing so doesn't require any additional equipment, except for an HDMI cable.

Plug the HDMI cable into the "Out" port on the device you want to send the audio signal from (such as an HD audio receiver or even a high definition television set).

Attach the other end of the HDMI cable to the HDMI connection port on the laptop computer.

Double-click the audio icon in the lower right corner of the laptop. Make sure nothing is checked off under the "Mute" option.

Play the audio from the original source device and the HD audio will play through the laptop computer system.

I hope this helps you. If you have any further query in future, feel free to contact us. We will be happy to help you.

Sudharshan M K, Dec 18, 2018
  4. Wolf32 Win User

my 27 inch stopped playing from laptop, It just says no vga after i plug in hdmi cable and...

Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in"

I plugged my laptop into an integra 30.4 receiver via HDMI port (multiple ports) and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video. Video works great!

The laptop is an alienware laptop on Windows 10 (upgraded from windows 7 purchased November of 2011). The HDMI would transfer audio and video in windows 7 intermittently for a year or two. However, I had to turn the tv, receiver, and computer on in a specific order and eventually, approximately 1 hour of doing this each time I wanted audio I'd get the audio over the HDMI cable until I shut down....

I've been on windows 10 now for a while and never have gotten the HDMI audio to work. I kinda gave up but would like to use my laptop now to play movies to my new epson 4k projector and am unable to get audio to work at all. Video is phenomenal.

The HDMI port shows up in the device manager under sound devices. However, constantly shows "Cable not plugged in" whether the cable is or is not plugged in.

It's an older Geforce card - wanna say it's a Geforce 555. Also has an intel graphics adapter as well. I've done all the nvidia updates, windows updates, I've gone so far as removing the sound adapters and rebooting, removing the graphics adapters and letting them reinstall. The HDMI audio port always comes back with "Cable Not plugged in." It's staring me in the face constantly.

I kinda gave up and switched to broadcasting using Chromecast which works o.k. but it's streaming it over chrome on my home network and I feel a direct connect via HDMI would have less buffering and less latency and best quality audio / video.

Any suggestions?

Wolf32, Dec 18, 2018
Thema:

my 27 inch stopped playing from laptop, It just says no vga after i plug in hdmi cable and...

1. my 27 inch stopped playing from laptop, It just says no vga after i plug in hdmi cable and... - Similar Threads - inch stopped playing

2. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  3. 27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    27 inch monitor, and it appears as 21,7 inch: hello, I bought a new monitor lg 27mp400-b 27 inches, and it appears as 21.7 inches, how can I fix this? I tried reconnecting the HDMI cable and restarting my PC. i53060ti32 gb ram...
  4. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: Hi there, recently when i was working with my PC, my monitor went black and started saying "power saving mode", after a few day and changing VGA cable and power cable, etc. I just understood that my HDMI to VGA cable was the issue.I just bought a new one from Asus brand, Now...
  5. When I plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to another screen, I lose my audio

When I plug in my HDMI cable from my laptop to another screen, I lose my audio: The audio on my laptop works fine. But when I plug in a HDMI cable to hook up my laptop with another screen, I lose my audio completely. I have tried running the troubleshooter on my audio but that doesn't work. How do I fix this?...
  6. Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA

Laptop not detecting HDMI or VGA: Hello everyone, About a week ago I woke up and connected my lenovo thinkpad to my HDMI and all of a sudden, it would not project onto my monitor. I have been displaying for a whole year, and never had a problem. The solutions I found online to delete my drivers and update...
  7. HDMI to VGA cable issue

HDMI to VGA cable issue: I have laptop ASUS S510UQR model installed windows 10. This laptop have HDMI port only so i use HDMI to VGA cable to connect to external monitor (projector) having VGA port. It works fine until i update windows 10. Normally, when i plug HDMI to VGA port to laptop, a sound...
  8. Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable

in Windows 10 Customization
    Connect Laptop to TV using VGA- HDMI cable: Hi, I am using Dell Vostro 3466 and it doesnt have HDMI port so I am using VGA to HDMI port. I am trying to connect it with my smart tv but it says no signal. My laptop display has been destroyed and I can barely see whats on it. Please suggest shortcuts or work arounds...
  9. i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    i plug a hdmi cable into my laptop and it goes blank: plug a hdmi cable into my laptop, then it goes blank. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-update/i-plug-a-hdmi-cable-into-my-laptop-and-it-goes/312f7af0-1cb6-47ec-aa1b-11b424714454
  10. Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in"

in Windows 10 Graphic Cards
    Nvidia Graphics card and HDMI port says "cable Not plugged in": I plugged my laptop into an integra 30.4 receiver via HDMI port (multiple ports) and with the receiver on the right device port and connected to a tv or a projector and I get no audio out of the HDMI port only Video. Video works great! The laptop is an alienware laptop on...