Windows 10: My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working.

Discus and support My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working. in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging to solve the problem; My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working, i've spent hours to find why it doesn't work. I had a malware before I factory-resetted. But now it's... Discussion in 'Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging' started by Crudesthi, Oct 17, 2020.

1. Crudesthi Win User

My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working.

My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working, i've spent hours to find why it doesn't work. I had a malware before I factory-resetted. But now it's gone. Again someone please help me. I'm writing this on my screenkeyboard.

Note: I'm on a Lenovo Yoga 720

:)

Crudesthi, Oct 17, 2020
  2. Vinodh.V Win User

Some keyboard letters not working

Hi,

Sorry to hear about the inconvenience caused.

• When you click the buttons on onscreen keyboard using mouse, what happens?
    • What is the make and model number of the computer?
    • Are you using a laptop or desktop?
    • Are you using the external keyboard?

This issue might be caused due to program conflict or hardware problem.

Please follow the below methods and check if it helps:

Method 1: I would suggest you to run
    hardware and devices troubleshooter and see if that helps.

a. Press Windows Key +R, type Control Panel.

b. Type troubleshooting in the search bar, click on troubleshooting.

c. Click on Hardware and Sound, click on
    Hardware and Devices.

d. Follow the steps from the wizard to run the troubleshooter.

Method 2: Put the computer in a Clean Boot state to see if there is any software conflict as clean boot helps in eliminating software conflicts.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/929135

Note: After performing the troubleshooting steps in clean boot, follow
    Steps from the link to return the computer to Normal startup mode.

Method 3: Update the drivers for the Keyboard.

Follow these steps to un-install the Graphics driver:

a. Drag the mouse to bottom left corner and right-click on the “Start icon”.

b. Look for the Keyboard drivers.

d. Right-click on the keyboard drivers and click on “update drivers”.

Hope this information helps, for further assistance please reply.

Vinodh.V, Oct 17, 2020
  3. Backup recommendation: Documents from C: to E:, then backup D: to E:

I am embarrassed to ask this basic question, but one day the train blew by me and i am still standing on the platform...

Running W10 Preview, so whatever is the latest release.

I finally got a new 1TB HDD and wish to properly implement back-ups of my files.

I have:
    1. C: a 500GB SSD
    2. D: a 1TB HDD, and
    3. E: a 1TB HDD
    C: has my OS and also all of the "Documents"
    D: Has Pictures, Music, Videos and a lot of misc material.

I want to first back up all of "Documents" to E:, then everything from D: to E:

This will still leave me with about 50GB space on E:

I don't really see how to accomplish this with the backup built into W10, though, admittedly, i get confused rather easily, and am looking for what the least expensive, hopefully free, software that you folks could recommend that will accomplish this as simply as possible, from the standpoints of configuration, automation and economy of work (not recursively copying the same files over every time it runs, and keeping from taking up resources while i am trying to work).

I appreciate your thoughts and knowledge!

brucemc777, Oct 17, 2020
  4. SIV
    Siv Win User

Recent update causing USB mouse/keyboards to stop working

Emily,

These are the steps to follow I think you can jump to step 3 as you must already have got into the command line:

Step 1

Do the 3x power off thing to get to your system restore menu

Step 2

Get the command prompt going

Step 3

Type:

Bcdedit /enum

Step 4

This will produce a list of text blocks, in one of them look for the word:

"osdevice"

Somehwere in that same block of text there will be a drive letter, make a note of that and use that as the letter you use in the next step after "/image:"

If you don't see OSDevice in any of the blocks try typing:

C:

Followed by the enter key (this will change the drive to the C: drive, then type:

dir

And again press enter. If you see a listing that includes:

C:\Users and C:\Windows and possibly C:\Windows.old then the drive letter you want is "c:".

If you don't see these folders listed type:

D:

And press enter and then type:

dir

And again press enter straight after it. Again see if you see C:\Users C:\Windows etc listed, if you do then d: is the drive to use.

Keep repeating this process until you find the drive letter that has those folders.

Once you have the drive letter, then move onto the next step and replace the part of the line that is /Image:G:\ in the example with your letter, so if you found the folders on the D: drive then swap "/Image:G:\" with "/ImageMy 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working. :D:\".

Step 5

Type:

Dism /Image:G:\ /Remove-Package /PackageNameMy 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working. :package_for_RollupFix~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~16299.248.1.17

Then press ENTER to run the command.

Note you must type the above line exactly as it appears above, if when I post this it has split onto two lines understand that it is all one line starting at "Dism ..." and ending at "...1.17". Also note that there are spaces between Dism
    and /Image, there is another space between "/ImageMy 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working. :D:\" and /"Remove-Package" and another space between "/Remove-Package" and /PackageName:"... Also note that the tilde symbols are NOT normal dashes (on my UK keyboard the tilde appears as the shifted version
    of the "Hash" or "Pound" key if you are in the US.

The tilde looks like this:

~

I have blown it up to a larger size so that you can see it.

Note also that there are two tildes between "amd64" and "16299.".

You must get the line exactly the same as it is shown above or it will not work.

Best of luck, let's hope you succeed this time.

Thema:

1. My 3 e d c letters on my keyboard is not working. - Similar Threads - letters keyboard working

2. My shift + d,e,c is not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My shift + d,e,c is not working on my laptop: Every key is working with shift except these 3 keys please tell a way guys I don't know and I have been trying to search solutions but I wasn't able to find. Now only you guys can only help me guys please help....
  3. My shift + d,e,c is not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    My shift + d,e,c is not working on my laptop: Every key is working with shift except these 3 keys please tell a way guys I don't know and I have been trying to search solutions but I wasn't able to find. Now only you guys can only help me guys please help....
  4. My shift + d,e,c is not working on my laptop

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
  5. The letter "W" on my keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Gaming
    The letter "W" on my keyboard is not working: Hi,The letter "W" is not working on my keyboard.I saw a similar issue posted last month and I followed the instructions in the agents response but it did not resolve my issue.the W key works when using the virtual on-screen keyboard and when i use a external USB keyboard.When...
  6. The letter "W" on my keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    The letter "W" on my keyboard is not working: Hi,The letter "W" is not working on my keyboard.I saw a similar issue posted last month and I followed the instructions in the agents response but it did not resolve my issue.the W key works when using the virtual on-screen keyboard and when i use a external USB keyboard.When...
  7. The letter "W" on my keyboard is not working

8. Drive letter changed from D: to E:

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Drive letter changed from D: to E:: Recently, I found an old flash drive that I had. I plugged it in my computer to see what was on it. The issue is, the flash drive I used every day wasn't plugged in, so it stole the drive letter from my main flash drive, and it jumbled everything up. Now, for most people, the...
  9. Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.

Keyboard: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard.: keys d e c and number 3 only work sometimes on my laptop keyboard. * Moved from IE10/other * Original title: keyboard https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/keyboard-keys-d-e-c-and-number-3-only-work/910e05f2-3516-401c-abb4-34a0d361aa90
  10. The letter s of my keyboard is not working

in Windows 10 Customization
    The letter s of my keyboard is not working: Today when I tried to use my keyboard I found that my s letter is not working, help please. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/the-letter-s-of-my-keyboard-is-not-working/fe7c2bd7-bc53-49e4-a2ea-1fc25e6def66

Users found this page by searching for:

1. shift edc not functioning keyboard

2. unable to type edc words on keyboard

3. 3edc keys not working on Toshiba laptop

4. 3 edc not working