Windows 10: My 32-bit computer won't work with a downloaded program

Discus and support My 32-bit computer won't work with a downloaded program in Windows 10 Network and Sharing to solve the problem; Obviously the program downloads to ProgramFiles not ProgramFilesX86 because my computer does not have the X86 file. Unfortunately, the program will... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Network and Sharing' started by Adrienne Keene, Jul 18, 2020.

1. My 32-bit computer won't work with a downloaded program

Obviously the program downloads to ProgramFiles not ProgramFilesX86 because my computer does not have the X86 file. Unfortunately, the program will not open from the ProgramFiles file. I get the error message "This app can't run on your PC. To find a version for your PC, check with the software publisher."

The software publisher says that normally the software downloads to the ProgramFilesX86 file, and that is where it must be to work. You would think that a program which must be 32-bit to normally go into the x86 file would work just fine in the ProgramFiles file, but it does not.

Is there a workaround to put the x86 file on my computer, so that this file program will be usable?

:)

Adrienne Keene, Jul 18, 2020
  2. pepoluan Win User

Windows 10 Upgrade 32-bit to 64-bit

So, Windows 10 Upgrade is being rolled out worldwide, and I have 'reserved' my upgrade.

Currently my computer is running Windows 7 Pro 32-bit. I'm planning to 'upgrade' it to Windows 10 64-bit (via fresh install, of course).

After reading many references, these will be the steps I'll do:

1. Let the "Get Windows 10" app upgrade my OS to Windows 10 32-bit
    2. Note the activation key
    3. Download the Installation Media for Windows 10, but choosing 64-bit instead
    4. Perform a clean install
    5. Reactivate using the activation key in Step #2

(Of course I'll backup my data first.)

However, I still have some questions:

1. On Windows 7, the activation key does not differ between 32- or 64-bit versions. Is it still so with Windows 10?
    2. Will I be able to download a different architecture on Step #3?
    3. Is there anything I need to prepare beforehand?

Thank you for your assistance.

pepoluan, Jul 18, 2020
  3. Problem in accessing 32-bit programs on Windows 10 64-bit computer

Old title: 32-bit programs for a 64-bit computer

I have a computer that runs Windows 10 Pro. I am trying to run System Mechanic Pro which is 32-bit on my computer that is 64-bit. It worked fine until the latest version of Windows installed on my computer. Now almost none of my 32-bit programs work. The
    tech guys from Microsoft couldn't get it to work either.

BradDeWees, Jul 18, 2020
  4. BillVose Win User

My 32-bit computer won't work with a downloaded program

Running a 32 bit program on a 64 bit computer

I have a set of Ford service manuals I was given by the group that I bought my hardware and tuning software for my truck from. These run fine in a 32 bit Win 7 system, but will not install or run in a 64 bit Win 7 or 10 system. Is there any way to force
    then to run as a 32 bit program. Nothing in the compatibility mode seems to allow a selection for 32 bit install. I can still use my 11 year old HP Pavilion, as I was able to add a second hard drive and install a 32 bit Win 7 OS on it (won't take 64 bit).
    It is rather slow booting at best and I don't know how much longer it will continue to work.

Thanks for any help.

Bill Vose

BillVose, Jul 18, 2020
Thema:

My 32-bit computer won't work with a downloaded program

1. My 32-bit computer won't work with a downloaded program - Similar Threads - bit computer won't

2. Can a 32 bit program be loaded onto a a 64 bit computer?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Can a 32 bit program be loaded onto a a 64 bit computer?: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that I want to load my Office 2016 Pro disk onto, which used to be on my desktop. However, the Office Pro is 32 bit while the laptop is 64 bit. Can this be done?...
  3. Can a 32 bit program be loaded onto a a 64 bit computer?

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Can a 32 bit program be loaded onto a a 64 bit computer?: I have a new Windows 11 laptop that I want to load my Office 2016 Pro disk onto, which used to be on my desktop. However, the Office Pro is 32 bit while the laptop is 64 bit. Can this be done?...
  4. DO 32 Bit programs work on new computer with windows 11? Or How Can I install 32 bit OS on...

in Windows 10 Gaming
    DO 32 Bit programs work on new computer with windows 11? Or How Can I install 32 bit OS on...: Hello!I was trying to find a computer that ship with Windows 10 - 32-bit - because there are some games I like that are either only 32-bit OR for the one that has a 64-bit version, it has a lot of unpatched glitches that the 32-bit version doesn't have.But I can't really find...
  5. DO 32 Bit programs work on new computer with windows 11? Or How Can I install 32 bit OS on...

DO 32 Bit programs work on new computer with windows 11? Or How Can I install 32 bit OS on...: Hello!I was trying to find a computer that ship with Windows 10 - 32-bit - because there are some games I like that are either only 32-bit OR for the one that has a 64-bit version, it has a lot of unpatched glitches that the 32-bit version doesn't have.But I can't really find...
  6. Windows 11 and 32 bit programs.

Windows 11 and 32 bit programs.: Will Windows 11 run a 32-bit program? Quicken 2012. https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/windows-11-and-32-bit-programs/afe3928b-4de5-4d6c-959c-84167cc7cf66
  7. Every setup & some programs 32 bit not working

in Windows 10 BSOD Crashes and Debugging
    Every setup & some programs 32 bit not working: I have accidentally deleted "Windows Prestation Front Cache" files and now I can't run 32 bit programs setups also. Any fixes or solutions? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/every-setup-some-programs-32-bit-not-working/055010b2-3e97-46fa-a966-bf1c81418d82
  8. Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work

in Windows 10 Installation and Upgrade
    Upgrading from 32 bit to 64 bit and will old 32 bit programs work: I have Windows 10 Pro 32 bit in my PC right now. I have the needed specifications needed to upgrade to 64 bit. Can I upgrade to 64 bit and can I still use my old programs like Photoshop and Illustrator? I'm an Inker for comics and trying to upgrade my studio....
  9. I want to run 64 bit programs on 32 bit computer

in Windows 10 Ask Insider
    I want to run 64 bit programs on 32 bit computer: My computer is a 32 bit os on 64 bit capable cpu. I have read many articles saying "you can run 64 bit vms on 32 bit os 64 bit hardware". Is this true? If i use a vm to emulate 64 bit windows 10, can I use the vm to stream (because i want to use streamlabs) submitted by...
  10. All programs running in 32 bit

in Windows 10 Gaming
    All programs running in 32 bit: I have a 64 bit operating system which is windows 10 ,but still I find in my task manager that all my programs are running in the 32 bit mode ,how would be able to solve this and make the programs run in 64 bit ?? Please help me !...