Windows 10: My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD

Discus and support My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD in Windows 10 Ask Insider to solve the problem; Hi, sorry for the quite long post as the issue is quite complex. I was trying to recover data from another smaller external HDD (Toshiba 700 GB) into... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Ask Insider' started by /u/jl0xd, Sep 27, 2020.

1. /u/jl0xd Win User

My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD

Hi, sorry for the quite long post as the issue is quite complex.

I was trying to recover data from another smaller external HDD (Toshiba 700 GB) into this brand new 4TB Seagate external HDD. Both are Bitlocker encrypted, the Toshiba 700 GB is RAW and the Seagate HDD in question has no problem at that moment. I tried using repair-bde command to recover files from my Toshiba HDD to Seagate HDD, but halfway it suddenly came out with errors that shows "failed to read sector at offset XXXXXXXXXX".

At the same time, both drives ejected themselves and reconnected. I tried to type the password for the Seagate HDD, but it showed "The BitLocker encryption on this drive isn't compatible with your version of Windows", but my Windows version is already the latest (2004)!

What I've tried:

1. Connected the HDD to different USB ports (same problem)
    2. Shut down and reboot my PC (same problem)
    3. chkdsk /f the HDD (it showed me that the file system is RAW, cannot chkdsk)
    4. manage-bde -status (unkown fs, unknown size, error code 0x80070057, incorrect parameter)
    5. Opened M3 Bitlocker Recovery and typed both password and recovery key at two attempts (stuck at finding bitlocker partition, showed password/key is incorrect when cancelling the process). Ironically, the Toshiba HDD I'm trying to fix, can be potentially recovered (successfully decrypted it and showed me the files in it)
    6. manage-bde -unlock using both password and recovery key (failed to decrypt)

I'm trying to fix the Seagate HDD first as it is brand new and contains massive data, is there any more ways to solve this issue?

submitted by /u/jl0xd
    [link] [comments]

:)

/u/jl0xd, Sep 27, 2020

2. Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD

Hi

I have been trying to plug and unplug the Seagate 4TB External HDD with my Mac Pro which run Windows and was unable to detect my HDD. what is the cause of the problem and how can I recover it? Anyone can help or advice what should I do? Thanks

DreamerChin, Sep 27, 2020
  3. seagate 3.5" external hdd

I have a seagate 3.5" external hdd which shows up in disk management, but not in windows 10 explorer

richardrb225, Sep 27, 2020
  4. erod1017 Win User

My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD

External HDD's 'converted' to RAW on PC

I have multiple external HDD's, both WD and Seagate, that are recognizable by my PC, but list in device manager as RAW and empty. I can access all the information on the drives on my laptop just fine. I've tried to reformat the drive and it wont allow me
    to access the drive, reading "the format did not complete successfully." I've tried everything from wiping my SSD that windows was installed on and reinstalling fresh, to updating my BIOS, to uninstalling the drivers...

I cant find anything that will allow them to work on my PC.

erod1017, Sep 27, 2020
Thema:

1. My 4TB external Seagate HDD suddenly became RAW mid repair-bde for another external HDD - Similar Threads - 4TB external Seagate

2. Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB external hard drive no longer working.

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB external hard drive no longer working.: My external hard drive, which was being used to store games on my Xbox One, suddenly stopped working after I moved the console from one location to another. What do I mean by that? The console does not seem to recognize it, despite the USB port being used to power the HDD I...
  3. Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB external hard drive no longer working.

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB external hard drive no longer working.: My external hard drive, which was being used to store games on my Xbox One, suddenly stopped working after I moved the console from one location to another. What do I mean by that? The console does not seem to recognize it, despite the USB port being used to power the HDD I...
  4. Seagate One Touch HDD 4TB external hard drive no longer working.

in Windows 10 Network and Sharing
  5. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Drivers and Hardware
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  6. No eject for Seagate external HDD

in Windows 10 Performance & Maintenance
    No eject for Seagate external HDD: There is no eject in the right click menu of my Seagate Expansion. As it's a USB HDD should it not have eject in the right click menu? I have no way to eject this drive. Safely remove hardware from the Task bar always gives me "this device is currently in use". The Seagate...
  7. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  8. External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?

in Windows 10 Support
    External HDD is FAT32 but recognized as RAW?: Hello, I don't know if this is the right place to ask for help but I would appreciate it if someone could tell me what to do! Yesterday, all of a sudden, my external HDD (ADATA HV300) stopped working... At first it would completely freeze the File Explorer on Windows 10 and...
  9. Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD

Unable to detect Seagate 4TB External HDD: Hi I have been trying to plug and unplug the Seagate 4TB External HDD with my Mac Pro which run Windows and was unable to detect my HDD. what is the cause of the problem and how can I recover it? Anyone can help or advice what should I do? Thanks...
  10. Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?

Converting RAW external HDD to NTFS?: My toshiba 1tb external hard drive currently says it is a raw file system and i cant seem to format it no matter what i do. I dont care for what is inside (only one word file) but i just want to be able to use it again. Is there anyway i can format the HDD and make it usable...