Windows 10: My Account, and money, are gone

Discus and support My Account, and money, are gone in Windows 10 Gaming to solve the problem; I created a new Microsoft account and then purchased a game through the Microsoft store. When I try to change my PC from a local account to the new... Discussion in 'Windows 10 Gaming' started by LeeMarsh3, Nov 17, 2019.

1. LeeMarsh3 Win User

My Account, and money, are gone

I created a new Microsoft account and then purchased a game through the Microsoft store. When I try to change my PC from a local account to the new Microsoft account, it says "That account does not exist". My credit card WAS charged for the purchase of the game. What can I do about this?

:)

LeeMarsh3, Nov 17, 2019
  2. Vesao Win User

Remove account

I suggest you backup your personalized files first before removing the account.
    To delete an account, follow these steps:
    1. Press WIN + X keys and click Command Prompt (Admin) from the menu.
    2. Type the following command and press Enter. Replace test with the name of your sister's account. Code:
      Code:
      net user test /del

Vesao, Nov 17, 2019
  3. Why did the startup window get cleared?

I didn't missed any step, the list was gone and gone , even after using lot of programs the programs were not listed in that list.

smartali89, Nov 17, 2019
  4. Zakin Win User

Strange Windows 10 User Account issue.

Unfortunately I had done those steps numerous reboots, it just, reappears for no good reason. The base account isn't even a Microsoft account, it's a local account.

I haven't quite tried the built in administrator account on W10, but so far in my experience on my own computer, the built in account seemed to have absolutely no more control than I did on my own.

It's just strange, I go in, it warns me twice about deleting the account, then it's gone. Reboot, and it's back?

EDIT: Just to specify, both command line and Netplwiz both say only HIS account exists on the computer, it doesn't list this rogue account. This is what I meant in my first post about the fact that even Windows doesn't seem to believe it exists, HALF the time. *Frown My Account, and money, are gone :(

Zakin, Nov 17, 2019
Thema:

1. My Account, and money, are gone - Similar Threads - Account money are

2. Money was taken from my account

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    Money was taken from my account: There was 99.99 taken from my checking account this morning. I get 365 from the school I attend for free. Money should not have been taken from my acct. I'm a single mother of 4 and I needed that money. What can I do...
  3. Money was taken from my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Money was taken from my account: There was 99.99 taken from my checking account this morning. I get 365 from the school I attend for free. Money should not have been taken from my acct. I'm a single mother of 4 and I needed that money. What can I do...
  4. Money was taken from my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
  5. Transferring Money Accounts

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Transferring Money Accounts: I have been using Microsoft Money for about 16 years now, on which I keep all my family's accounts and finances. I am aware that it was discontinued in 2009, but I was wondering if there is a way I could transfer the programme and all my data to a new Windows 11 PC? As I am...
  6. Transferring Money Accounts

Transferring Money Accounts: I have been using Microsoft Money for about 16 years now, on which I keep all my family's accounts and finances. I am aware that it was discontinued in 2009, but I was wondering if there is a way I could transfer the programme and all my data to a new Windows 11 PC? As I am...
  7. WHY HAS MY ORDER BEEN STUCK AT PENDING YET MONEY IS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT?

in Microsoft Windows 10 Store
    WHY HAS MY ORDER BEEN STUCK AT PENDING YET MONEY IS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT?: I ordered an Xbox Series S on December 23rd and when I was ordering it said it would take 1 - 2 days obviously wasn't going to arrive on Christmas,and then after ordering it changed to 28th as the predicted date of arrival.Throughout my entire time waiting, the order has...
  8. WHY HAS MY ORDER BEEN STUCK AT PENDING YET MONEY IS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT?

in Windows 10 Gaming
    WHY HAS MY ORDER BEEN STUCK AT PENDING YET MONEY IS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT?: I ordered an Xbox Series S on December 23rd and when I was ordering it said it would take 1 - 2 days obviously wasn't going to arrive on Christmas,and then after ordering it changed to 28th as the predicted date of arrival.Throughout my entire time waiting, the order has...
  9. WHY HAS MY ORDER BEEN STUCK AT PENDING YET MONEY IS GONE FROM MY ACCOUNT?

10. Sharing Account Money

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Sharing Account Money: I have 2 accounts and I accidentally put my xbox gift card in the wrong account. Is there any way that I transfer or share my account balance? https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/sharing-account-money/9dee575f-4339-4983-b2e9-c1afc0590214