Windows 10: My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!

Discus and support My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!! in AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security to solve the problem; Please can I get a real agent to speak to? I tried using the "Call me back" option but it keeps failing.Basically, My email was all ok. But one day, it... Discussion in 'AntiVirus, Firewalls and System Security' started by Popescu David, May 17, 2023.

1. My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!

Please can I get a real agent to speak to? I tried using the "Call me back" option but it keeps failing.Basically, My email was all ok. But one day, it randomly got changed to random letters and @mcmfa.email. Don't worry though, because I can still log into the account perfectly fine and there is no problem with me doing so! The only problem is that I really want to change the password and to change my email back to normal. I tried already but it asks for a verification code sent to the email, and obviously, I don't have it.. I don't want this random person who hacked me to still have access t

:)

Popescu David, May 17, 2023
  2. newtekie1 Win User

Unauthorized Emails from my account?

It is more than likely that your email account was hacked, either by a virus sniffing your password, or just simply hacked.

Either way, change your password on your email account. Unfortunately the damage by already be done. They already have your contact list and your email address associated with that contact list. There is nothing stopping them from sending out emails using their own SMTP servers to everyone on your contact list and claiming the emails are from your email address. They don't actually have to have access to your yahoo account or even any yahoo server to send emails to people that come from your address.

newtekie1, May 17, 2023
  3. email account hacked. please help

Also may I suggest you change email accounts to one of the following.....

Gmail
    Outlook

The reason is they both use "Step two verification". This style of verification means even if a hacker gets your password they cannot log in to your account. You see every time someone try's to log in that hasn't been verified you will get a text or a phone call giving you a final code to log in. Its very easy and simple to setup also. The great thing is once you setup your Email application with a specific "application password" from that account you never have to log in again AND your account is protected from being logged in from foreign entities.

I like the new outlook personally however Gmail is also damn good. Gmail also has an IP tracker that allows you to see WHERE the account has been logged in from. Anyway let us know if you wanna change over and have any questions. We will be happy to help and welcome to TPU!

TheMailMan78, May 17, 2023
  4. mccoady Win User

My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!

Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over was supposed to be the fix.

Anyway I deleted her account but didn't pay attention to the warning I needed to back something up... maybe not smart. I created a new profile entering her name Pat C and email I'll call L: [email protected].

Her new profile syncs plus sends and receives email just fine... but something's weird going on. Inside of Outlook it lists her email address as gobbledygook it's something like outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com instead of L: [email protected]. I've already deleted the profile but I believe the profile itself listed it as L: [email protected] but if you looked at the Properties of the account it listed it as outlook.37ej39.07d.outlook.com. The gobbledygook numbers & letters aren't exactly as they were listed but you get the picture.

I tried creating new Profiles plus doing an Office Repair but I always get the same random number & letters for her email. Nor do I ever see this gobbledygook during the setup process... only after it's finished.

Anyway to fix her email when using Outlook... her email is fine outside of Outlook?

mccoady, May 17, 2023
Thema:

My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!

1. My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!! - Similar Threads - account email was

2. Email Changed on my account

in Windows 10 Gaming
    Email Changed on my account: I unknowingly downloaded a virus recently which gave someone access to my information and accounts, every time I try to log into my account it says it no longer exists, I was able to find the email that my account was changed to and put in a account recovery form. I'm not...
  3. Email Changed on my account

in Windows 10 Software and Apps
    Email Changed on my account: I unknowingly downloaded a virus recently which gave someone access to my information and accounts, every time I try to log into my account it says it no longer exists, I was able to find the email that my account was changed to and put in a account recovery form. I'm not...
  4. My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!: Please can I get a real agent to speak to? I tried using the "Call me back" option but it keeps failing.Basically, My email was all ok. But one day, it randomly got changed to random letters and @mcmfa.email. Don't worry though, because I can still log into the account...
  5. My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!

My account email was changed to random letters @mcmfa.email !!!: Please can I get a real agent to speak to? I tried using the "Call me back" option but it keeps failing.Basically, My email was all ok. But one day, it randomly got changed to random letters and @mcmfa.email. Don't worry though, because I can still log into the account...
  6. My Microsoft email randomly changed

in Windows 10 Gaming
    My Microsoft email randomly changed: Hello,Recently I was trying to add my Microsoft account to my riot games account to get some perks for valorant and randomly my email changed for my Microsoft account and I can't even sign in.When I try to get my password for the new email it sends me some verification email...
  7. My Microsoft email randomly changed

My Microsoft email randomly changed: Hello,Recently I was trying to add my Microsoft account to my riot games account to get some perks for valorant and randomly my email changed for my Microsoft account and I can't even sign in.When I try to get my password for the new email it sends me some verification email...
  8. Change account email

in Windows Hello & Lockscreen
    Change account email: I'm not being able to change my account email. The verification code does not arrive in my current email even after hours and numerous attempts. Note: I am 100% sure that the email I asked to send the code is the current email from my account....
  9. Changing email account

in User Accounts and Family Safety
    Changing email account: I accidently singed into my primary account on my pc with a freinds email and now i cant change the email used on my account https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/all/changing-email-account/ca536134-8d2b-448d-8121-c2ca57362bac"
  10. Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers

in Browsers and Email
    Outlook Email Random Letters & Numbers: I put Office 365 on my mother's computer under my 365 Home license. She's using outlook.com as her email and Outlook as her email client on her computer. Outlook wasn't syncing her email I think due to Microsoft switching to Exchange and deleting the account and starting over...